We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post (kickass) onboard recordings links here and get a free sound mod! :DDD (DEFAULT VEHICLES ONLY)

Doctor G.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Not sure if it matters, but I've found an F430 video. You based one of your sound mods (the Gallardo) on the same type of video, so it should be good:

EDIT:

Also found an F430 Scuderia (which sounds very similar, if not the same as the F430)

I has a mega sad that you is going to stop TDU is loosing all its good modders

Maybe the server isn't going to shut down so soon, no one seems to know. I won't stop until it happens however, I hope it's for the longest time possible so I'm not dead yet! Sorry I just should have said nothing here until the server really closes for good, but I was kinda "mega sad" too when I readed about it...

Well as I've said I kept looking on youtube and found this:

there are quite clear acceleration, deceleration and idle sounds, however I'm not sure if the quality is good enough. Well that's the best I can get from youtube. Car is obviously the 300C SRT8 ^^

It's just so-so... The downshifts and the high rpm's are not loud enough, background noises, wind etc. Doesn't worth the time spent on it...

this video is useful for you doc?

here is some start and idle samples

what you think? :D

Not too sure, i'll give it a try, promised, but it doesn't sound so good.

I know this is not a default vehicle, but if it is useful, it is a shame not do make this sound for Tool's new LFA.

Simply epic:

In fact, I tried to make a sound from this one for a long time ago, but I never finished it... It's hard to get some good low rpm's, but ok, I'll try to finalize it then, as it seems that a lot of people would like this sound...

Not sure if it matters, but I've found an F430 video. You based one of your sound mods (the Gallardo) on the same type of video, so it should be good:

Fortunatly there wasn't a guy speaking non-stop in the Gallardo video...

EDIT:

Also found an F430 Scuderia (which sounds very similar, if not the same as the F430)

Too much background noise.

• 3 weeks later...

@wagner : I tried your video and it's not good, the sound is too confused and distorted. I even tried another video that I found myself and who had a slightly better sound but it wasn't good enough either. I'm almost sure that you can find a better one if you search more because I've seen there is a lot of those on Youtube and other sites. @Urban : I (almost) finalized the LFA sound but I have an issue with the sound volume, it is too low and there is a turbo sound on it which makes it sounds even lower (I have pushed the level at the maximum, there is even too much grain already). Though, it sounds better in exterior view (listen the second part of this video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt4jyVnGqPU I used the bnk that comes from your (very nice) LFA sound, your samples have a louder level than mine so we don't hear the turbo too much when using it, but with the source that I used which has a lower sound level, the turbo becomes too loud. So, can you suggest another bnk with a better sound volume and more important : without turbo or other secondary effect added? I can send you the samples so you can experiment yourself if you want, just let me know (I don't have the courage to search myself for this bnk right now...)

Well, doc you did a quite nice job so far. You need a lil more work with the transitions there, and also the onlow seems a bit synthetic but I dunno why.

The turbo whine has nothing to do with the sound bnk. It can be enabled/disabled using TDUPE and without getting you kicked from the servers. It is just a sound sample which you can choose to hear or not to hear.

To disable it, open TDUPE, load the car and uncheck "Turbocharged?".

Ok, but I don't want to disable the turbo by using a third party program, I want to disable it only by using another bnk (then anyone can use it without having nothing particular to do). @Urban : what do you mean "The turbo whine has nothing to do with the sound bnk"? Some bnk's have some particular secondary effects added, those effects are not included in the bnk itself but their samples are in the "common.bnk" file (transmissions, turbos etc.). For example, if I need to remove the turbo on a Ruf, I 'm going to import the Ruf samples in another bnk that doesn't have those effect enabled, right? It is exactly what I need to do for this LFA sound, no need to use a program for that. Also, as I said, the volume level is not loud enough in this bnk, so to fix that I need to find another one with a louder volume (I would say the Miura bnk for example, I tried it and it's fine, but I'm not going to use that one for another reason : the onhigh sample would be too short then). It's ok, I'll search myself when I will have the time, just asked for help for speeding up the thing... [quote name='plankeracer']Not to bother you to mutch but i am wondering if theese videoes are good enough?[/QUOTE] The engine sound level isn't loud enough and there are too many other cars around, thanks. EDIT : Urban are you there? Oh well nevermind, I found the bnk that I needed, it's the 350Z bnk, no damn turbo or anything and the sound level is slightly higher, just what I needed. Release soon... EDIT 2 : I released a slightly better beta here : [url=http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=19813]Doctor G - Beta Sounds (UPDATED FEB 3 : LEXUS LFA) - Test Drive Unlimited: Central[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sgt.Kanyo

I wish we had this quality videos about stock cars (non-tuned versions) The twin turbo sound just ruins it.

I've found this for an LP640:

The guy later will get the windows up, and he's constantly changing gears at revline so I think it's a great source for sound mod.

SL65 AMG Sound Mod Request:

I hope these are enough recourses to make a great sound out of it, though i already made the start-up + idle, i think you can do way better.. (p.s. if you need the startup+idle, pm me.. without messing, they are of great quality)

start-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLiTMmALVw&feature=related

Idle#1 (sound quality could be better)

Idle#2 (it's from CL600 V12, but sounds almost the same)

Mid's & High's (great footage but sometimes a bit windy)

More sounds (to bad you hear dyno-sound + beeps)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sergeant

I don't understand why just default vehicles? I mean there are so many great vehicles out converted from Forza which needs new sound mods.

Anyway not sure, but you might be able to use this video to make a 300C sound:

3:30 there's the inside view when the guy revs till redline, it also has idle sounds, maybe a few rev down sounds. Well you gotta check it out if it's good enough. Video is HD (no music only the engine sound)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...