We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG i think i just jizzed in my pants after seeing the website working AHAHAHAHAHAH i will buy all 3 verisons even though i dont have a xbox :) :) lol i have ps3 though but wait that means there will be a PS3 part of TDU:C or will you guys create TDU2:C im so excited

This is amazing :D

although it must be concept art, not screenshots, look at the hill behind the gumpert...

that doesn't look like a kinked stairway that takes you on a magical trip to martian gravity jump action

Do you still know how to turn it on? :P

I'll see if I can find the instructions. But seriously can't wait for this now it's official, and it's weird how I never come on the forums anymore, or TDU and the day I do, this is announced :thumbsup:

Myself and Tool have been discussing the images posted and we have noted down some extra details that some may find interesting. ;)

1) Bumpmaps have been added to the environment. (trees, roads, sand, hills and grass)

2) Updated reflections on the vehicles.

3) Updated carbon fibre textures.

4) Overall texture quality is vastly improved, eg. Vehicle headlight textures.

5) Polycount on vehicles has been vastly improved, eg. Mercedes Gullwing photo and overall wipers.

6) Dynamic shadow has been improved dramatically. No rough edges.

7) Window wipers look they will have motion.

8) No driver in cockpit as it seems you can select and deselect the driver to be there during this time. *See Dodge Viper image*

9) Wheels now have motion in photomode.

10) Transparency of plants and trees has been majorly improved.

11) Draw distance has been improved as there is no noticeable blur on objects and scenery in the background meaning low or no pixelation.

12) Human avatars appear to have greater quality to them, probably a higher polycount.

13) Selection of interior colours appears to be back. eg. Gumpert has orange interior colour compared with other games and such.

14) HDR effect appears to have been improved.

15) Different variations of vegetation and tree trunks giving a greater variety compared to the first installment.

16) Possible 3D birds flying around as they appear to have bulges to them.

17) Blur effect seems to be improved in photomode with a probable AntiAliasing boost.

18) Different variations of buildings including buildings situated on top of hills.

19) Avatars now have different and vastly improved facial expressions as the detail on their face stands out a lot more.

20) Vehicle window transparency has changed with cars have varying window transparency each unique.

21) Vehicle vents now 3D instead of being a flat texture with a bumpmap on it.

22) Possible fog levels in the game as in the distance in the Gumpert image it seems to be "foggier" than the rest of the images.

23) Possible fog lights turned on in the Zonda F shot while the headlights are turned off.

Fantastic news :)

Some bigger and more detailed maps of Isla De Ibiza:

148hc74.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/xdgjl0.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2u8z5mu.jpg

Ibiza City

330s1nk.jpg

Ibiza -

Area: 571.04 km²

Highest point: Sa Talaia 476 m

Population: 113,908

Largest City: Ibiza City 37,408

Oahu -

Area: 1,545.40 km²

Highest point: Mount Kaʻala 1,220.1 m

Population: 905,034

Largest City: Honolulu 371,657

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

[HOAX] My bad. Will do. Thanks!

Can't beleive it. Best game ever for cars. I didn't think BIS could ever come out with a game as good as Operation Flashpoint, then they gave us ARMA2.

Now EDEN goes ahead and makes life even better by giving us TDU2.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

I took the tdu2.com flash file apart because.... I can. The other images you've either seen properly or aren't of interest. This one I'll post though, just so you can see it in its entirety.

*Zonda F pic*

Any chance of that with the other pics? :) NP if its too difficult, not sure how one would take apart a flash file.

-Leadfoot

Ibiza -

Area: 571.04 km²

Highest point: Sa Talaia 476 m

Population: 113,908

Largest City: Ibiza City 37,408

Oahu -

Area: 1,545.40 km²

Highest point: Mount Kaʻala 1,220.1 m

Population: 905,034

Largest City: Honolulu 371,657

I still don't see the reason why they would downgrade to a smaller island.. I mean newer games these days have bigger islands, also with new technology it should be possible.

Then again... The TDU1 ages ago was mainly to suit the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 doesn't have a large enough disk space. To include damage, weather and all animations. So that could also be a factor.

Best news if heard in awhile, I was on the Atari forums and someone posted a link, which I thought was bullcrap, until I noticed today's date and that it was on Atari's website:) YES!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get drunk.

EDIT: I hope you can turn damage off..

EDIT: I hope you can turn damage off..

I don't think damage will be really bad damage, I think it will be a few broken windows/headlight glass etc, scratches and a few dents.

Cause otherwise Ferrari will defiantly not be making it in TDU2 if the damage is extreme.. :lol:

Great news been looking forward to this for a long time. :excited::monkeydance::thumbsup:

Not sure about the island though, although I think I remember reading somewhere that they may link the islands.

Can't remember where I read it just remember reading it.

I don't think damage will be really bad damage, I think it will be a few broken windows/headlight glass etc, scratches and a few dents.

Cause otherwise Ferrari will defiantly not be making it in TDU2 if the damage is extreme.. :lol:

What about the Ferraris in NFS Shift do they not have damage?

What about the Ferraris in NFS Shift do they not have damage?

Damage in NFS Shift isn't exactly what I'd call extreme or anything.

Anyways, looking forward to this game. Just hoping that we can have more than 8 people in one session and not have the troubles trying to join someone or a session a million times to no avail in TDU.