We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Geneva 2010

CarMadMike

I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this already, There's quite a few new cars this year at geneva.

Porsche 918 Spyder (Concept):

01porsche918spyderlive-630op.jpgMore Pictures

About the size of a Boxster, it's a little wider and a lot meaner. Underneath all that sharkness you get a 500-horsepower V8 in addition to 218 overall horsepower from the two axle-mounted electric motors. And that will get you to 60 in 3.2 lickety-split seconds as well along with the feelgood factor of 94 mph.

This is the first porsche I like in quite a while, The performance figures sound brilliant for a car that is meant to achieve 74 MPG, and is a hybrid. I think it'll be a great addition to the porsche lineup, as the carrera GT is starting to get old - I'm crossing my fingers that this gets made!

Peugeot SR1 (concept):

sr1concept630.jpg

More Pictures

the SR1 Concept is a turbo-diesel hybrid that makes 313 total horsepower and gets 48 miles per gallon. It also has a four-wheel-drive, through-the-road HYbrid4 tech
All of pug's recent cars have been rather ugly in my opinion, so it's good to see them changing their design route - This car is just :drool: I hope this makes production, and if it does, let's hope it doesn't change too much.

Mansory Rolls Royce Ghost: (Open Spoiler at your own discretion!)

leadmansoryrollsroyceghostlive.jpg

We can perhaps appreciate the larger turbochargers and upgraded exhaust system that boost horsepower to 720.

UAE has wrecked yet another car, Eugh, just plain Eugh, why oh why........

2011 Lotus Elise:

01-2011-lotus-elise-live-630op.jpg

More Pictures

Available in both standard (189 horsepower) and SC (218 hp) guise, the 2011 Elise also benefits from a new engine cover, improved aerodynamics and LED daytime running lights and indicators.

I'm loving the new bumper and headlights, I wasn't a huge fan of the way Elise's used to look, So in my opinion this is a huge improvement.

Citroen DS3 Racing:

01-citroen-ds3-race-liveopt.jpg

More Pictures

That means 200 horsepower from its 1.6-liter turbo four, a 15-millimeter lower sport suspension, upgraded brakes and the requisite trim enhancements.

I'm not a huge fan of the coloured grille and wheels, but apart from that this is rather wow, Probably one of my favourite Hot hatches - JCW's Cooper better watch out, although i'm not sure which one of the two i'd choose.

Audi A1 and A1 E-Tron Concept:

01audiia1geneva-630.jpg

g100001mediumopt.jpg

More Pictures

I quite like the aggressive look of the A1, It's definitely good competition for the mini cooper etc - It's small, looks good, brilliant build quality and has good MPG (62 MPG iirc) - Not sure how much it will cost though, Let's hope not too much more expensive than it's competitors. There will most likely be an S1 version in the future, So I can't wait for that.

Mercedes-Benz F 800 Style Concept:

mb-f-800-style-concept-geneva-1opt.jpg

More Pictures

F 800 Style is a plug-in hybrid with a 272-horsepower gasoline-fed V6 engine. Together with the electric motor, the combination is said to be good for over 400 horsepower and incorporate an electric-only range of 18 miles.

The First thing that pops into my head is that the shape of the front looks rather like that of the new volvos. I think it looks rather aggressive and good looking - The new CLS will most likely look something like this (a lot more toned down I'd imagine) So it should be a lot more sportier than the previous CLS.

Ferrari 599 HY-KERS:

web01-ferrari-hykers-live.jpg

Called the HY-KERS, what you're looking at is a rolling test bed. It's a hybrid, sure, but if you thought this was a haphazard application of a plug-and-play hybrid system, think again. The HY-KERS incorporates a roadgoing derivative of Ferrari's Kinetic Energy Recovery System – fancy-talk for regenerative braking – from last year's Formula One program.

I'm not a huge fan of the paint, but other than that I think it's a great concept, Should be interesting to see whether Hybrid Supercars can keep up to the same standard as other supercars.

2011 VW Toureg:

01-touareg-live-geneva-630op-1267537977.jpg

More Pictures

I love the new front bumper and grille, Everything looks a lot smoother and better looking In my opinion. They've changed more than the looks of the car, this car is a lot lighter than the previous one, and it'll be cheaper too, due to the fact they've removed some of the 4x4 equipment also. Overall I think this is a great update to the toureg, which is one of my favourite SUV's.

Citroen SurVolt Concept:

01-citroen-survolt-live-630op.jpg

More pictures

This is a cross between 2 of Citroens most recent Concepts, the GTbyCitroen and the Revolte - So yes, it's another Hybrid Supercar conept (A common theme this year eh?) No info on performance I don't think, I also think the GT is much better looking, but even so, a hybrid version should be interesting :)

2011 Porsche Cayenne:

01-porsche-cayenne-gen10-630op.jpg

More Pictures

I think this looks sooooo much better than the old cayenne, I did like the old cayenne but lets face it, It wasn't the best looker out there, It didn't look right with the 911 front, but it looks 100 x better with the panamera style headlights and bumper in my opinion. There is also a hybrid cayenne - which should get you 23% better MPG.

Lexus CT 200h:

lexus-ct200h-live.jpg

More Pictures

Yet another premium Family hatch back, although I think this is one of the better looking hatches, It looks sporty and quite a lot better than a few previous Lexus's (Lexi?) As you can tell by the name, this is another hybrid (80% of the cars are this year) So you can expect good MPG etc, so overall a rather nice family car.

Alfa Romeo 2uettottanta concept by Pininfarina

alfa-pinin.jpg

More Pictures

And the award for the easiest car name to pronounce goes to.....

I'm not sure about this car, It's an alfa by pinifarina, a duo that should make me drool, but i'm not, is this going to be another marmite car?

Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid:

leadporsche911gt3rhybridlive.jpg

I'm getting bored of the word hybrid now, honeslty. A hybrid race car though, rather interesting:

"Porsche's first racecar to feature electric power sourced from a duo of motors that send power to a generator attached the flywheel. Like many hybrid production cars, the motors are charged whenever the brakes are applied, and the driver can use the extra power for 6-8 seconds for overtaking."

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport in carbon fiber:

leadgrandsportcarbongeneva.jpg

You didn't honestly think there would be a motorshow where you didn't find a special edition veyron did you? If so you were wrong. Luckily this one isn't as revolting as the majority of it's brothers and sisters.

Pagani Zonda Tricolore:leadzondatricolorelive.jpgMore Pictures

I thought the Zonda Cinque was the last special edition zonda, but I was wrong, although I'm happy to admit that as this is just stunning :drool:

The particular Zonda you see is the Tricolore, a special edition made to celebrate a squadron of the Italian air force named the Frecce Tricolori. The squadron is a demonstration team composed of nine planes and is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year

Audi RS5:

leadaudirs5geneva2010.jpg

More Pictures

it's got a 450 horsepower version of Audi's tried and true 4.2-liter V8 paired to the legendary Quattro AWD

:drool: :drool:

The M3 arrival has arrived, and it's about time, although by the looks of it, it was well worth the wait.

Hispano Suiza

hispanosuiza630.jpg

More Pictures

It's erm, Very unique looking isn't it :confused: It's also rather fast, look at the stats:

power is up through the roof, improving upon the R8 V10's 525 hp by 225 ponies for a total of 750 horsepower. As you may have guessed, performance is also way up, with 60 mph happening in 3.3 seconds (up from 4.5 in the R8) and a top speed of 211 miles per hour (196 mph in the Audi), propelling the new 3,505-lb Hispano Suiza squarely into hypercar territory.

If only it was better looking.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera:

lp5704630.jpg

More pictures

Yes please :drool: That's just stunning, Much better than the old gallardo superleggera In my opinion. And quite a bit faster too:

561 horsepower from the now quite familiar 5.2-liter V10, which is up from 523 hp in the 2007 model). The Superleggera also weighs just 2,954 pounds.

All the images and performance stats are from Autoblog

I take back what I said at the start of this thread, I'm no longer surprised no one made a thread regarding Geneva 2010, as this took me 2 hours to make :lol: I got rather carried away I think.

Gawd! Where to start?

The one that stands out to me is the Porsche 918 Spyder. Like it a lot and it doesn't look entirely like a 911.

Nice to see Mansory continuing to cater for the wealthy and classless.

Another Veyron and Zonda special edition *yawn*

The Hispano looks like it would be more at home on the water.

As for the array of Audi's and Lexus's I yawned my way through those.

Besides the Porsche 918 nothing particularly interesting to me here, although I know the Jaguar XKR Speed Black is in Geneva. Go fetch Mikeh.

Jaguar XKR:

Jaguar-17210101010449891600x1060.jpg

More Pictures

Loving the new bumper - And the new performance figures, Top speed is now 174mph, 19mph more than the old one, with 503bhp also.

The new XKR also comes with 2 optional packs:

- The speed back (£3500) helps with stabillity at high speeds, using new differential aids.

-The Black pack (£500) comes with glossy black 20" rims, new stitching and glossy black trim around the car.

Gumpert Apollo S:

leadgumpertapolloslive.jpg

Hold onto your seat, as the new Apollo now comes with 750bhp :eek: that's a massive 50bhp more than the old one. That's not all that has changed, theres now LED's, new rear flaps and quicker gear shifts - This car should easily be able to beat the old car's time around the 'ring, I can't wait to see it do so :)

Aston Martin Cygnet:

02-aston-cygnet-live-genevaopt.jpg

I think this is going to be a Marmite car, You either Love it or you Hate it. I don't mind it as the whole idea being the cygnet is that only owners of other astons can buy it, so they have a car for going around the city etc - As long as it stays like that I'm fine with it, The car costs £50,000 and comes with a completely different exterior and interior to that of the IQ which it is based on, so I quite like it.

Fiat 500C Abarth:

33101012185436612x408.jpg

I don't like it, at all. The paint job makes it look a bit fat, it's a 500C - So rather girly, and I just love the essesse (spelling?) version of normal 500 Abarth. It has 138bhp and a top speed of 127, with a 0-62 time of 7.9 Seconds.

Abarth Punto Evo:

331010121945742612x408.jpg

Now that's more like it :drool:

I'm loving the body kit and wheels, and the performance figures, 161bhp, a top speed of 133mph and a 0-62 time of 7.5 seconds.

*Drum Roll* *more suspense* *Drum roll again*...........

The Sbarro Autobau Concept!:

sbarro630.jpg

Now would be a good time to pick your jaws up off of the ground :P

I have absolutely no Idea what this car is about, but even so, WOW xD

First of all, congrats on the very informative and organzied post. :)

Now, on the cars:

Porsche 918 Spyder - Loving it. For the first time Porsche has done something that drastic in their design. Although it's a concept, I hope it will come out like this. Just not with those rims, pl0x.

Peugeot SR1 Concept - carbon + alluminium + that design = awesome! Just give me a petrol engine in it and I'll be very happy.

Mansory Bullcrap Ghost - just no!

Lotus Elise - loooks too much like an Evora. I miss that round tricky look it had.

Citroen DS3 Racing - not a fan of those coloured roofs. But other than that looks pretty awesome. Very powerful for a Citroen as well.

Audi A1 - from the door back, it reminds me of the Fiat 500. The front is yet another A series, I'm sorry but having so much models with the same front is just a no-no. '

Merc F800 Concept - yet another "nature friend". Why would you get a Merc, pretending to be eco-friendly, when it can only do 18 miles? Who buys such things?

Ferrari 599 HY-KERS - this one is nice but Ferrari, don't show-off too much, we all know that your cars make a lot of CO2, so this one is a bit late, eh?

VW Touareg - the new fancy front, God, why putting it on all the models? Though I admit they've done a good job on this one, technically and visually.

Citroen SurVolt Concept - I love when Citro's designers go beserk, remember the GTbyCitroen? Do want one in my imaginary garage.

Porky Cayenne - have you seen the rear of that thing? Looks so Renault Koleos-ish. I'm sorry, I know it was an ugly car and proably still is but don't put such cheap parts on it.

Lexys CT200h - looks promising but after they've showed us they can do great cars (such as the IS-F and the LF-A), I just can't help thinking that they are just doing those hybrids for publicity.

Alfa something - looks awful. The 8C took a lot of time to get used to but this one...sorry, no!

Porsche 911 GT3R Hybrid - hybrid - yes, a smart and interesting one - yes. Good job, the first Porsche hybrid that attracted my attention.

Carbon Fiber Egg - ah well, you just get used to seeing a new Veyron every time. Give me a ZOnda F Roadser, please.

Zonda Tricolore - yay! Yet another piece of art from Pagani

Audi RS5 - looks great. Should drive great. In a test by Auto Motor und Sport, the S5 beat the M3. So imagine what this will do to the cocky M fella. :D

Lambo LP570-4 SL - everything good about it has already been said. One of the greatest Gallardos ever made.

Phew, and there are more new. Don't forget the Agera, Mikey. :p

Edit : Ooooh

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/03/27-agera-live-geneva.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/03/32-agera-live-geneva.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/03/33-agera-live-geneva.jpg

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

I agree with you with 90% of that Nick, But I strongly believe the new cayenne is a huuuugeee improvement.

And here's a few more cars:

Ford Focus Estate/Wagon:

01focuswagongenevalive-1267627412.jpg

I love it, But I imagine this will be the top of the range Titanium X version - So without the tinted windows and alloys (which are :drool:) it would still be a decent looking car, A big improvement on the old focus In my opinion, as the shape looks natural.

Bertone Alfa Romeo Pandion:

01bertonepandionliveopt.jpg

More Pictures

Take a look Pininfarina - That is how an Alfa Romeo Concept should look like, and we can pronounce the name also this time. :drool: That's just stunning, The door hinge is certainly an interesting Idea, It's huge - You couldn't park in a multi-story car park, or under a low bridge could you? Even so, It's very cool, Probably my favourite Concept of the show so far.

And for you nick:

Koenigsegg Agera:

23101093586301600x1060.jpg

More Pictures

Video:

Power comes from a 4.7-litre V8 engine, which produces 898bhp at 6850rpm and 811lb ft at 5100rpm. The 1290kg Agera can get from 0-62mph in 3.1sec and from 0-124mph in 8.9sec, before hitting a top speed of almost 250mph.

It's starting to grow on me, I think it's a lot better looking than the previous CCX's, but even so I'd still like to see an entirely new car.

Opel/Vauxhell Flextreme GT/E

Opel-262101035777341600x1060.jpg

More Pictures

Another Hybrid car, although I do like the design of this one quite a lot. It's powered by a 158hp Electric motor, and a charging motor that has 70bhp. Top speed is estimates at 125mph, with a 0-62 mph sprint time of around nine seconds. Is this the next design route for the insignia? Which is fairly new isn't it? :S Even so, Thumbs up to open/VX.

Porsche 918: Great looking car, best porsche in a while. Those rims need to go though.

Peugeot SR1: Great car for a Pug, would make a nice 370Z competitor imo.

Lotus Elise: Its okay, I prefer the old one. The old-side mirrors look out of place, should have put ones from the Evora.

Hispano's front end looks like the previous generation Mitsubishi Galant.

Citroen SurVolt: Front looks like this: ^_^

Audi A1: Fiat 500 body with Audi Front and Rear, dont like it.

Merc F800: A good design for the next CLS

Audi RS5: :drool:

Alfa Romeo/Pininfarina Concept: Looks great, If they can manage to shrink the Challenger's platform enough for this with some suspension tuning, it would make a great car.

Lexus CT200h: Looks big and ungainly

Lambo Gallardo LP570: Looks okay, but I prefer the LP560.

Alfa Romeo Pandione by Bertone: I love the front but other than that its too much like the BMW Concept that BMW showed us a few months ago.

Koenigsegg Agera: A CCX with 360 Modena-like headlights and EB110 rear lights, Its still good.

Some nice cars, and some bad cars.

That Phantom is just no.

Cayenne looks much better I have to say, but still not amazing.

The Koenigsegg is just :drool:

Focus is ugly imo...

Jag is nom

Aston Cygnet thing: Sorry, but no thanks

500C Abarth is awesome

Lexus hatch is too square, and the rear overhang looks too long...

LP570 - nice, but as I said in the thread, Balboni :bow:

Zonda is also :drool:

:p

A few more cars, I'll do the Fabia vRS for you maddog.

Skoda Fabia vRS:

23101034364531600x1060.jpg

More Pictures

It isn't an ugly car, But I don't think its pretty either, I think it's rather forgettable. The rear diffuser is rather enthusiastic. The Combi looks a lot better, With the same colour roof and black wheels. It's rather quick though with 178bhp's helping it get to 60 in 7.3 seconds, and a top speed of 140mph.

Renault Clio Gordini:

33101010524870612x408.jpg

More Pictures

I think everyone in Geneva has caught Hot Hatch Fever, Every other car is a hot hatch, But I have to say this clio is rather :drool: It's probably the first clio of the recent facelift that I like. It comes with the same 198bhp engine, but you'll look so much better with the new bumper, diffuser and paint job.

Ferrari F99 GTO:

Ferrari-599-421010102595911600x1060.jpg

More Pictures

Another stripped out light weight version of the Ferrari F99, Although I rather like this one - I love the dramatic bodykit. No Official figures are out yet, but I'd expect 650bhp+, and with a weight south of 1650kg, It should be seriously fast.

King Saud Gazal-1:

01-king-truckopt.jpg

More Pictures

It's not the prettiest car (Understatement I know), But I still think it's rather great simply for the fact the car was a university project by a class of students, they've done a rather good job for a bunch of students I think, They've just lacked in the design department.

And thanks twm :)

Thanks for the link/photos of the vRS.

As I suspected it would look... like any other Fabia, really. I've seen plenty of TDI Sports around here which actually look alot meaner/aggressive than this vRS. It's faster than the old standard vRS but only just slightly quicker than my dads.

And even more sad-face. It's a petrol. It's lost the characteristic that everyone who owned a Fabia vRS loved the last vRS for.

EDIT:

Just showed my dad and the words which came out of his mouth were;

'Well, that's a disappointment!'