We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anybody getting GTA : Episodes From Liberty City?

The Queen

Just wondering who else is getting this on PS3. My copy actually arrived today as I got it from TheHut and usually they are a bit late, so was quite surprised to find it on my chair this morning!

I have a friend from college who is getting it and some other people I talk to but was wondering who from here was getting the game for this platform?

I normally always go for PC for GTA so this time I thought, why not go for PS3 instead as it will probably get me to use the PS3 a bit more as I have been neglecting it recently. Anyway if you get it, hit me up, I am up for some fun online matches on there. :nanananana:

I was thinking about getting it. I still had some money left over after buying the new doors for my car but then a couple of days later I won an auction for some new wheels which cost me a further £100 so I probably wont have any money left for Episodes From Liberty City.

Quite annoyed because I was finally looking forward to actually using my PS3 properly for once.

++ it WAY more laggy:(

Heh. I doubt it's as laggy as my Xbox which only works half the time and doesn't work properly when it does work, or my PC which cries every time I think about launching GTA IV.

Hopefully it wont be as laggy as you make it out to be..

Bought it off Play.com on Monday, got it Wednesday, one of the best delivery times I've had by them yet.

As for the game, well, I don't know. In my usual fashion with GTA games I've got side-tracked with exploring and I've probably only done one or two missions for both TLAD and BoGT even though I know what Liberty City looks like inside out already.

I like the addition of a few new cars, I didn't even know about them until I started the game up. I also like the new music for the radio. Suprisingly enough I'm not quite sure if I like L.C.H.C.'s music, it's almost like having a drill put into the side of your head. At first I thought "Wow, a GTA game with Death Metal music in it? Crazy! I'll have to listen to that station first". I've heard quite a few songs on there and other radio stations I recognise anyway.

I also played a bit of online in Free Mode, hardly anyone joined the game, they all seemed to be leaving and then seemed to join when I accidently left the game running for an hour and went on the PC. I came back to find my character sat inside a blown up car being pushed around by a truck on the opposite side of the map to where I stopped playing. I've yet to try out the other modes although judging by some YouTube videos I've watched some of the modes look quite interesting.

I think it's about time to crack on with the missions.

I am happy to report I am an owner of GTA 4 legal copy (no rubbing in :)) and after 5th bloody patch it is still laggy.... so I had done couple of quick fixes (limiting memo, forcing resolution and graphics replacement mods that did something... apparently).

Well it is a MASSIVE PAIN playing it on a dual core with stone age memory and motherboard but at least graphics is decent since I have 9800GT.

Yet to buy TLAD and Gay Tony as Ive run out of C: disk space.... (160GB... unbeliveable).

Cant play online - crap net. Enjoyable game, reccomend it but mod it! Realistic driving and flying mod 2.5 - A MUST HAVE. Wil make your cars appear like they should, ads the bus to drive round and changes ALL vehicle handlings for more realistic. Even helis and boats.

Now I am a massive PC fan, never want a console. Why would you want something when PC is soo much more diverse and you can fiddle with it until it breaks down and repair it and then do everything your way... AND get a pad in when you are DESPERATE to make your gameplay absolutely unenjoyable and ridiciolously complicated and slow.

Now I am a massive PC fan, never want a console. Why would you want something when PC is soo much more diverse and you can fiddle with it until it breaks down and repair it and then do everything your way... AND get a pad in when you are DESPERATE to make your gameplay absolutely unenjoyable and ridiciolously complicated and slow.

I prefer the PC to the consoles as well and you are entitled to your opinion but this is the PS3 section and it's a bit silly posting a comment like that in this thread/section unless you really are just trying to troll.

Sorry if you're not but it seems like quite a random statement to make.

i have gta4 on both ps3 and 360 - working my way through tbogt now and laughing alot :)

it's a shame the world isn't more interactive online etc.

giving players the choice to create an avatar to take the job of the character in the story rather than forcing you to be nico luis or johnny might be a big plus point...

then again it might be an awfull idea that just wouldn't work...

anyway both stories are alotta fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have too admit that i made a mistake when i bought the expansions :P I started off with TBOGT and instead i had to start with TLAD because I enjoyed TBOGT much more then the other just because it comes closer to the old GTA mayhem from San Andreas and Vice City etc.. Youssuf Ammir is just epic!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turbo lag

I too hated TLaD, but then I turned the stupid noise effects off and it felt a lot better. The good thing about TLaD is IMO the actual story since all of the missions tie up with each other.