We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pickups?

zo6dude

Pickups?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Pickups?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Fail.

You americans should be ashamed (and baldy too!)

Which explains why "us americans" and most of the rest of the world uses pickups for off-roading. If you also need proof that pickups are good for this game, F-150 Raptor, Dodge Ram SRT-10, Holden Maloo. /rant

No. My European mind does not have pickups as part of a glamorous lifestyle.

well my canadian mind doesn't have european exotics as a part of a glamorous lifestyle lol

everyones got an opinion and to sell the game to more people they should not follow the Turn 10 mentality with their DLC and have a very diverse game with a good mixture of everything, exotics, muscle cars, tuners, SUVs, trucks, etc which they did fairly good with the first TDU

Personally, I don't think cars should be limited based on status or "high life". Many wealthy people here drive lower end vehicles. A car collector here in the city owns 30 cars from Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's and so forth. He daily drives some cruddy Toyota Echo, with no air conditioning.

However, I think if we're bringing in certain cars, it should be automatically the highest level, to keep up with the "high life" theme in a sense. Go big or go home right?

I should be able to buy a Civic, because it's a Civic, but the game, to save space and whatnot, should only offer the top of the line Civic SI (Or Civic Type R). Similarly, if Mitusbishi and Subaru are involved, their Evo and STi versions should be in, we don't need the lower end stuff.

Move up the scale and the Mercedes S65 AMG should be offered, but we don't need the S63, S550, S600 nor the S400.

I use the analogies because we should be offered a wide variety of cars, old and new but there's no need for two or three of the same vehicle because the engine is different...(Some cars have just an engine change, such as the M35 and M45 or now the M37 and M56), but it makes things easier to keep simple.

For instance, we don't need the Audi A6 nor the Audi S6 anymore since the Audi RS6 is available!

That said:

Put the Pickup trucks in, such as the Ram SRT10, HSV Maloo, Saleen S331 and so forth. Just because we have different views doesn't mean something shouldn't be or should be in....I personally don't care for the older cars in this game (muscles or even old exotics), I just don't drive them, but I still believe they should be in for the whole feel of the game.

No. My European mind does not have pickups as part of a glamorous lifestyle.

[E] Shame we can't see who voted for what.

I'm gonna have to agree with you here mate. I like pickups and I'd like to see them, but we're not making the game, Atari/Eden are and they decided on the whole "high life" theme so I can't see them adding Pickups and lower end cars like Honda Civics and Nissan 240s. Although I still want an F150 and Silverado to make an appearence just for the heck of it:p

Eh?

Lambo arn't good? Hmm okay XD

nope definitely not my idea of a dream vehicle but again my opinion, my idea of dream vehicle(s) are old muscle cars diesel rams lifted Jeeps and maybe a couple newer exotics but there are only a handful that I would consider dream cars

Eh, I've nothing against Trucks, Pickups and lower end cars I just don't believe this is the right game for them.

nope definitely not my idea of a dream vehicle but again my opinion, my idea of dream vehicle(s) are old muscle cars diesel rams lifted Jeeps and maybe a couple newer exotics but there are only a handful that I would consider dream cars

Fair, and you are quite entitled to your opinion. I'd say generally far more people see super cars as dream cars, however in the scope of this poll things aren't so clear cut.

I don't think we need a bunch of run of the mill trucks, but the obvious rare trucks would be fitting. High life this and high life that, go buy yourself a Dodge Ram SRT-10 right now, its pretty hard. Just because its a truck and just because its not 300,000$ doesn't mean its not "high life". Rarity is also a factor. Since were all beating the "High life" drum, I wonder how many SRT-10's you see in a season of MTV cribs.

163_0412_06z+2005_dodge_ram_srt_10_pickup+front.jpg

Dodge SRT-10.

ford-raptor.jpg

New, Ford Raptor.

These vehicles would have a place in the game I think. The up high seating position would be nice on a cruise. Also, the Raptor (obviously) is quite capable off road, but its no slug, its quick on the streets too. It would be a nice all rounder for a cruise where you really don't know where you will end up. Top of a mountain much?

Just my thoughts.

I don't think we need a bunch of run of the mill trucks, but the obvious rare trucks would be fitting. High life this and high life that, go buy yourself a Dodge Ram SRT-10 right now, its pretty hard.

not really lots of em round here and cheap too, i think people r finally realizing they dont need a v10 inna truck to make 500hp+ and 5mpg, all they need is a chipped cummins (or any diesel for that matter) that'll easily make triple the mileage of that v10

I wouldn't be too bothered.... I mean how would u you use it? I mean we can't put anything in the back so is there really a need for them?

Though if I could have any two, I'd say A Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi & Cummins :)

EDIT: Upstair Chris - Love the idea of the SRT-10 I would drive that! Would be a good tow vehicle as well =p

2 things to consider here.

1: What other games do you know of that include trucks? TDU2 could be the one of the better games that include them.

2: Wouldn't it be fun to thrash the Ford Raptor or any other truck around in the dirt, like on the commercials, get it all dirty, then pull onto the road for a cruise with some of your friends?

I voted yes :p

I think that you are forgetting the off-road races and trails.

Isn't that why they are putting 4x4's in?

Why pick up's, unless they create like a mini game for them aka transport some car parts from one tune shop to a clients place or so forth... that what you r using the "beds" rather than just having half a 4x4 :p

Ram

Guest mr cars

Pickups would be cool,(that Raptor and the Land Rover Defender on page 1 are awesome!) but not too many. Also, cargo transport missions in them would be great!

Also, some people say pickups aren't part of a glamorous lifestyle, but isn't TDU2 about going from Rags to Riches?

Anyone who thinks pick-ups aren't "high-life" enough are sadly mistaken.

The Ford F-450 King Ranch costs upwards of $60,000 and has a 6.5 L V-8.

The GMC Topkick/Chevy Kodiak costs up to $80,000.

Not all pick-ups are for blue-collar construction workers. They are actually incredibly expensive.