We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

Amazing, good song choice, (for anyone wondering it's Ellie Goulding - Under the sheets - Jakwob Remix) and watching the roof come up on the Audi when it started raining :drool:

Off road looks fun, really getting excited now! :D

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so much in the trailer that just makes you smile. The brake glow was shown well with the fronts only glowing on the Ford GT for example, the night driving and the pans of the shores was nice and showed the water effects off nicely. The bit in the Jacuzzi reminded me of the old TDU adverts with the little kids (youtube it) and the Q7 hitting the offroad and seeing it as a passenger looked quality.

For a first trailer they showed off some really nice stuff.

I agree. It's better than I expected for a first trailer.

They could have the two modes again hardcore and normal that is why the cars looked stiff.

if they get it so wrong 1st time that they need an hc mode again i'm gonna need a bucket to puke in...

we need one set of physics so as not to split gamers again...

their opinions and gaming habits i should say - i'm not saying gamers literally and spontaneously went to peices before...

if they get it so wrong 1st time that they need an hc mode again i'm gonna need a bucket to puke in...

their opinions and gaming habits i should say - i'm not saying gamers literally and spontaneously went to peices before...

Eh? :confused:

Only those snobby enough to care. I've not had a problem from anyone when using either mode and actually liked the versatility it gave us, having two totally different modes to drive in rather than one middle of the road option.

One set of handling never really satisfies the arcade and the sim camp though. Some want the cars to dart about instantly ala PGR, others want a semi-sim ala Forza and GT, and then there's the sim crowd who want to feel like they are driving the car and can feel it through what they see on screen and through their chosen control method.

Saying 1 physics for all is all well and good but actually getting it to work is tough as hell.

Maybe we should send this to a poll and see what the split is between these 3 factions? :cheeky:

Atleast the roads look a bit more... Like a road... Rather than a set width of tarmac with some lines on it, I hope there is some proper country roads where it is very very tight to drive down. :)

TDU1 was always too easy to avoid traffic at stupid speeds, just by driving down the hard shoulder thing, why is there hard shoulders on almost every road anyway? Also, while I'm on that point, why did the highways on TDU1 have hardshoulders, on both sides of the carriageway lolol.

Rant over, going out shooting before I bore you all with the annoying littles things in TDU1, and there was PLENTY.

One set of handling never really satisfies the arcade and the sim camp though. Some want the cars to dart about instantly ala PGR, others want a semi-sim ala Forza and GT, and then there's the sim crowd who want to feel like they are driving the car and can feel it through what they see on screen and through their chosen control method.

Saying 1 physics for all is all well and good but actually getting it to work is tough as hell.

I agree, I'm happy with the semi-sim, I just don't get on with full on sims, I want to have fun, not bothered how it handles as long as it feels semi realistic, if I wanted to feel like I was driving, I'd go out in my car!

Only those snobby enough to care. I've not had a problem from anyone when using either mode and actually liked the versatility it gave us, having two totally different modes to drive in rather than one middle of the road option.

i can think of one strip bound tdu-er who had huge amounts of problems with people using normal mode... lol

Fair point, however those who want to feel like they are driving do so because in real life you can't jump into your prized exotic and go for a 200mph blast round an idyllic island. Well maybe some can but I don't think Sir Richard Branson is on here is he? :lol:

Fair point, however those who want to feel like they are driving do so because in real life you can't jump into your prized exotic and go for a 200mph blast round an idyllic island. Well maybe some can but I don't think Sir Richard Branson is on here is he? :lol:

I don't think he is, but who knows? Whilst I agree with what your saying, I just can't do it on a game, what I see on games is not what I see when driving, I'd never notice the steering wheel etc. It just doesn't seem real, which of course it isn't, and that's why it doesn't bother me too much.

I really hope they fix handling. Isn't looking so good right now - the cars spin around too quickly, as if its a feature of the game. They need more weight (a problem in TDU) and some other fixes. I'm interested in seeing what a wheel will do, but I guess we'll have to wait for a beta. (And an interview to see if HC mode is back.)

Soundtrack is terrible. Might remix it.

Love the last line:

with Test Drive' date=' the possibilities are Unlimited... 2.[/quote'] :thumbsup:

-Leadfoot