We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GameSpot Interview with Nour Polloni - Players pay for car damage

I'm sure there will be a way around it on the PC sooner or later. I reckon it's a decent system since it adds an element of risk since you're borrowing a car that you don't completely own. Trash your own cars, but if you want to use someone elses, you have to look after it, or you have to pay damages to the club treasurer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the paying for damage simply means you loose the current combo chain or whatever you wanna call it, just like they said on various previous occasions.

She(Polloni)does not say that Ibiza have the 310-km cross-country ,Is Ibiza not cross-country route???
Eh? Yes, she DID say it. And even if she didn't, because it isn't mentioned in one specific interview doesn't render the other 5000000 times it has been said void. There is 930km of roads of which 310km is offroad. Just like she said in the video, was said in the article, and in the dozens of other articles.

There's way too much completely unfounded speculating going on...speculating is good, but only if it's within reason. Making up random stuff isn't going to give you any more information. It's pointless, unnecessary and leads to nothing but confusion.

I don't see why everyone is getting so upset about having to pay for damage to the cars.

First people complain that they want more realism, so they get it and then still complain about it. I really don't see the point of it. It's just a game and I'm sure that it won't cost a bomb to fix your cars up either. Nothing compared to have 200 cars, loads of houses and a yacht...

I'm pretty sure the paying for damage simply means you loose the current combo chain or whatever you wanna call it, just like they said on various previous occasions.

Eh? Yes, she DID say it. And even if she didn't, because it isn't mentioned in one specific interview doesn't render the other 5000000 times it has been said void. There is 930km of roads of which 310km is offroad. Just like she said in the video, was said in the article, and in the dozens of other articles.

There's way too much completely unfounded speculating going on...speculating is good, but only if it's within reason. Making up random stuff isn't going to give you any more information. It's pointless, unnecessary and leads to nothing but confusion.

930 km in Ibiza,ok.

So, how much in Oahu? The same more than 1000km? If so, that´s more than 2500 km to drive!! Great :D

...in order to be able to collect all 208 cars.

That's up from the 175 reported most recently!

Also, I think I found the aforementioned pic of the fuel gauge:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9480/tdu2ingameshader1.jpg

It's from quite an old post on the forzacentral forums with some concept / development pics / info.

http://forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?31230-TDU2-Exclusive-Material-Final-Update

Obviously these are alpha / possibly obsolete images, but it could make it into the final cut.

Fuel usage would be sweet, but what would be even sweeter is vehicles that use up fuel at different rates depending on their efficiency & also use up fuel faster as you are traveling faster! For instance, at top speed, the Veyron uses up all it's fuel in 12 minutes!! I don't think that kind of thing would be very hard to program so hopefully that's how it works!

Those images were from 2007 and have been on here since around mid-last year. Anything could've changed since then, but most people have voted in favor of having FUEL as an option, and Eden have been including a lot of things that most people want, so who knows...

Those images were from 2007 and have been on here since around mid-last year. Anything could've changed since then, but most people have voted in favor of having FUEL as an option, and Eden have been including a lot of things that most people want, so who knows...

you couldn't make that any clearer :thumbsup:

I thought that it would be just like smashed windshields and scratches like on older NFS's but loose or falling off bumpers and other parts will be awesome. I like how you have to pay because it would be pointless if we get a free body touch-up at the paint shop or wherever you'd get it done whenever you feel like it. Mellors has a point.

But Of all the Interviews and information on TDU2, I haven't heard anything relating to fuel use. Or am I blind? But who cares if it Isn't going to happen. Just curious :)

i'd like to hear more about the game in its offline incarnation :)

will an offline player be able to access the club cars by plonking ai names in their club?

it's obviously much less likely an offline player would have to tolerate plebs in s7's repeatedly bashing their cars...

offline could have benefits :)

Why is it a problem? Just do some wacked combo-driving and you earned it back... :p

who says what is a problem exactly? :s

i understand people sound a bit unimpressed about the potential of having to pay out every time you encounter an idiot online...

maybe i'm not reading every post again like i should... i have a daily word limit though...

i understand the viewpoint - the cars are so beautifull it's a shame to see them in anything less than the most pristine condition.

i don't think the damage will be a problem.

i'm more worried about the possibility of running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere... :)

Production in waters around the island will be called modified

Today on the Spot - Iron Man 2, Death Spank, Test Drive Unlimited 2

Today On The Spot, We get the latest This Week on PlayStation Network and PC, Demo Iron Man 2 and Death Spank and get a first look at Test Drive Unlimited 2, TODAY ON THE SPOT!

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot/?event=today_on_the_spot20100501

You know, there's this button which says 'Edit'

And what does that first post mean anyways? I thought british people know how to speak english :confused:

Ok now I am very excited about TDU2 as it will have both Islands....

It would have been OK with just Ibeza but the island would have been unlocked quickly as in miles traveled? with the 2 islands wow....

So much more added in terms of interaction in clubs and homes, and not just in game online like TDU 1.

Now I just want a demo haha....

I thought british people know how to speak english :confused:

'Location: USA' he just hasn't bothered to change the flag...

Aaaaaaanyway, as for damage costing money, I'm kinda fine with that, we more or less pay for damage now anyway, with online police working off damage to traffic. Considering we get money for cruising, I can imagine money getting to ridiculous figures very quickly (I'm sure most off us, particularly fizz, have hundreds of hours put in) so we need a system which will regulate that