We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PTOTW Week 35 Vote

hpluls

PTOTW Week 35 Winner?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. PTOTW Week 35 Winner?

• 1. TDUFREAK500
    • 2. hplols
    • 3. EyeKatcher
    • 4. CarMadMike
    • 5. Variodical

Photoshop Tuning Of The Week: Week 35 Vote

No Voting For Yourself, including multiple accounts!

This Week's Themes:

IMG_4884.jpg

Entrants:

------------

2. hplols

idukaq.jpg

5. Variodical

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Read the competition rules Elliott, I think you'll find I've broken none of them.

I know my picture looks similar to that one you've linked too, as that is where I got the background from, and the intercooler, I'd already done the rest of the car before then, the background + the intercooler were added last minute. I'd already added the golf/scirocco R bumper before then.

I found the image through google, after looking for donor cars for my entry, Where do you think the intercooler, bumper, wheels etc came from for Eyekatcher's entry? He surely didn't make them himself.

Exact copy? I didn't copy his, the Idea to make the golf into a scirocco R was entirely my own Idea, And I'd done so before I'd even seen that image. As proved by this image here: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/scirocco2.jpg which was an early WIP. Notice the that the only difference between that one and the finished product is the intercooler (which i'd of found from somewhere else anyway) and the background.

Not a big theft but you should know better next time. I've been on couple worldwide PS tuning forums (such as Autemo, VTuning and etc.) and there you can get from 1 week to perma ban for using exact parts from someone else's chop.

I voted for Piotr, btw. ;)

Not a big theft but you should know better next time. I've been on couple worldwide PS tuning forums (such as Autemo, VTuning and etc.) and there you can get from 1 week to perma ban for using exact parts from someone else's chop.

I've also been to forums where this is the case, But it isn't the case here so I haven't done anything wrong. If people want to DQ my entry then that's fine, I only Photoshop for fun, as a hobby, so it doesn't bother me.

Oh and Koenigsegg, you've "tuned" cars too on here for PTOTW, are you telling me the pictures you used for your entries were your own images? I don't quite think so.

Thanks for the votes Tom and Mellors :)

Hmm... I personally wouldn't disqualify it, seeing as it's not a rip-off or anything. He did put work in it, it's not like he took someone else's pic and labeled it as his own. Let's see everyone's opinion though...

Oh and Koenigsegg, you've "tuned" cars too on here for PTOTW, are you telling me the pictures you used for your entries were your own images? I don't quite think so.

Wrong! There's a difference between using a stock image, a one that a company has made to present it's cars (aka donor picutres) and getting parts from someone else's photoshop project. That's Degraafm's VW chop and you got the cooler and the pipes off it. In a PS community, that would be called stealing. ;)

And, I always use stock images (nobody manipulated them in PS before I did) for my chops.

Are we in a photoshopping community? No, As I said previously I've used photoshopping forums, so I know the etiquette, I wouldn't of done it if it was against the rules here, but It isn't :)

If you're going to go all ethical on me, I think it's fair to say that we should stop using netcarshow then, as it clearly says in it's terms and conditions that we're not allowed to modify it's images ;)

Wrong! There's a difference between using a stock image, a one that a company has made to present it's cars (aka donor picutres) and getting parts from someone else's photoshop project. That's Degraafm's VW chop and you got the cooler and the pipes off it. In a PS community, that would be called stealing. ;)

Hmm, now thinking of it, you do have a point... I could modify the rules from next week on to prevent people from doing this.

Are we in a photoshopping community? No, As I said previously I've used photoshopping forums, so I know the etiquette, I wouldn't of done it if it was against the rules here, but It isn't :)

If you're going to go all ethical on me, I think it's fair to say that we should stop using netcarshow then, as it clearly says in it's terms and conditions that we're not allowed to modify it's images ;)

I am not trying to be an angel or prove you wrong. I told you, it's a small theft and you haven't done it before, so I don't think we should DQ it.

As for are we allowed to use the stock images, I don't think that's a thing worth discussing. Millions of chops are done, based on images that are somehow owned by a site.

Hmm... I personally wouldn't disqualify it, seeing as it's not a rip-off or anything. He did put work in it, it's not like he took someone else's pic and labeled it as his own. Let's see everyone's opinion though...

For once you speak sense. :cheeky:

Yes, he used a few parts from another image, but he didn't rip off the other image that he took some parts from. He used the same original picture as everyone else. I also have found the below image in my history, it's an early WIP that he sent me to ask me what colour it was. It shows that he'd already worked on the car before he took some parts off of the other image in question.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x6/carmadmike/Scirocco1.jpg

Nowhere in the rules do I see a mentioning of any body else's Photoshops and what you aren't allowed to do with them. And some of you keep throwing comments up about professional Photoshopping communities. Now I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but this forum is not about Photoshopping and many people here do not share the same ideas about this so called stealing.

And who knows, another one of the entrants might've used parts from another Photoshopped image but you haven't mentioned that or even looked into that. The same goes for entrants from the other 34 competitions.

He hasn't broke the rules or stolen somebody else's work and tried to pass it off as his own. So I don't see why some of you are wanting him to be disqualified. If you don't want this to happen again, I suggest you change the rules to better suit your thoughts about this.

It is a bit unfair to Mike. I mean, he did put lots of effort into making up his picture and he hasn't cheated or broken any rules. If you do think that he has we should vote on it and change the rules maybe.

This isn't a PS community albeit we make a lot of photoshops. There are no rules that he's broken so it's fair that it should stay. I would never be able to photoshop anything like that. It takes skill even if you do have to take bits from other places ;)