We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really awesome... I really liked everything... except for the roads textures...

I miss the middle line and, I can see a black "shadow" in the road ahead while driving at HIGH speed... it is my slow machine or is it a bug?? Could it be fixed??

Except for that little detail its an awesome update... keep it up mate

New update will be probably released over the weekend. It will contain 15+ texture updates, so be sure not to miss it.

Btw.

LL-shots, post #77 contain few new pics, you can check it out here.

@GLUK566

Bad? How so? :p

Miss it? :P I'm hooked to this thing... of course I'll be here to download it as soon as the update its released :)

@Zero07

Yellow line is... no more! :p Seriously, after couple of years, that line is well over my head. It's so... boring! XD That road is divided now by cracks and heavy faded single white line, so that you can drive in your own lane in safety.

You still got your yellow line on roads with more lanes. :D

That shadow, I mean black color in the distance isn't a bug. Just set your AF to 16x in your ATi Catalyst/NVIDIA Control Panel and everything will be okay. It will solve your other problem too - black grass in distance.

Enjoy! ;)

@diegorborges

It makes me happy to hear that this mod, while still work in progress, makes your game much more enjoyable and less old! Next update v0.8.8 will be something special... you'll see. ;)

It's funny though, when I started my work on this mod, concept was easy - make everything more green and colorful. Now, after few months in development and after 100+ of textures changed, this project is much more mature. With each new update, our Oahu is getting more and more realistic & natural. I'm pretty much excited to see the final look of it... in a month or two. :p

actually... Im starting to like the roads xD

I did set AF to 16x but the black "thing" still there in the distance... but I can live with that... unless you have any other idea...

One last thing, umm, Is there any way to improve the "flying" stuff... I mean those birds, papers, leaves thing flying around...

@Zero07

Still there? Hmm... let me check my settings. Yep, AF at 16x and... wait, Anisotropic sample optimization is off, Negative LOD bias is set to Clamp. :)

Birds and papers can be changed, but they are really low on my priority list. They will be changed sometime... in the future.

@carlos_69

;)

@zo6dude

Well, it's never too late though. Try the new v0.8.8, I'm sure you'll enjoy. ;)

@crack29584

That's cause I was uploading new version. I'm surprised that you missed to read COMING SOON! notification?

Anyway, I'm proud to announce that v.0.8.8 is RELEASED! Sadly, I don't have time to post screenshots, so can somebody take and post them here instead of me, please?

And oh...

And FYI, you've mixed up Opelos Tropical Paradise with mine, Island Paradise mod. ;) Hmm, when I think about it, they sound the same. Maybe I should change the name to... let's see, Eden Island? Or something similar?

I'm seriously thinking about name change (just in time for next update v0.9), but so far, except Eden Island name, I don't have nothing else at all. Anybody got an idea for a new name? Post it here if you do! ;)

good work illusion, although hdr is too much for me and the original lr files doesn't really fit with your new textures so I've decided to uninstall it. However although I have backups for common world files the files aren't really installed in there. Because when I tried to replace the files with the original ones the mod was still on. When I deleted common world files it STILL managed to find the mod and everything worked perfectly. Where exactly is this mod installed to? I can't uninstall it.

edit:

found it, it's stored in:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk

Again it's awesome, but.. for me it's too bright :( In some situations it looks really really nice, the road texture in bright light looks like real one, but overall sky, buildings and everything that is white kills my eye with its brightness. But I think it's a good base to work on it to make it less brighter but still looking nice! Good job man, again!

Again it's awesome, but.. for me it's too bright :( In some situations it looks really really nice, the road texture in bright light looks like real one, but overall sky, buildings and everything that is white kills my eye with its brightness. But I think it's a good base to work on it to make it less brighter but still looking nice! Good job man, again!

I've played with the settings, but unfortunately didn't tested them properly. It was careless from me to include it in this release, sorry. :D

You can download that patch on the first page, and HDR will be reset back to default values and everything should be okay. ;)

I've played with the settings, but unfortunately didn't tested them properly. It was careless from me to include it in this release, sorry. :D

You can download that patch on the first page, and HDR will be reset back to default values and everything should be okay. ;)

No no mate, it was a good thing to play with HDR, play more with it and you will create better one.

P.S. have you maybe tried to include light fog or other weather changes (clouds and stuff)? As far as I know there are 4 weather type, you can do a fog for a morning hours or something :)

No no mate, it was a good thing to play with HDR, play more with it and you will create better one.

P.S. have you maybe tried to include light fog or other weather changes (clouds and stuff)? As far as I know there are 4 weather type, you can do a fog for a morning hours or something :)

Some weather changes should be really fun!

Ofcourse, I do have in plan to write my own weather lines, but so far I've done only about 10% of it. Frankly, it's kinda boring. :D But rest assured, it will be done until v1.0 comes out, or at least shortly after. ;)

Here are some shots from v0.8.8

yf76b.jpg

5cxi0g.jpg

2quq060.jpg

17csbr.jpg

First post in now updated with these pics and a new link, with new palm trees and default HDR settings. Enjoy!