We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

Why is that every modder gets into the trap of exaggeration?

This is not realistic anymore. Everything is TOO green and TOO colourful as if I was playing Serious Sam.

I guess you should have cut back on saturation on textures a little bit.

I would be happy with a mod that simply adds everything in higher resolution with the same color palette and doesn't overdo the effects.

Is it only with the screenshots? The video looks better though.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, some of the textures needs a bit of tweaking (hence v0.8.8 and not v1.0), but to claim that everything is unrealistic is, well, a bit harsh. And why did you get into the trap of judging a mod without even trying it for yourself first?

I would be happy with a mod that simply adds everything in higher resolution with the same color palette and doesn't overdo the effects.

Then why don't you try to make one?

And why did you get into the trap of judging a mod without even trying it for yourself first?

I've tried the Tropical Paradise mod and I've read you implemented some stuff from there, that's where I got my assumption.

I've already downloaded yours, just need to find out which files to backup before installing it.

Then why don't you try to make one?

:) As a first step I was trying to exchange the detail texture on rocks to a different one, but so far, I got a plain brown texture on it instead, no matter which DXT compression I used. I can't seem to find the correct format. So annoying. :)

I've tried the Tropical Paradise mod and I've read you implemented some stuff from there, that's where I got my assumption.

It's true, I've tried to get Opelos permission to use his roads and grass in v0.6, but he ignored my PM. That's why I didn't implemented nothing from Tropical Paradise. To be honest, I'm kinda happy it turned that way cause I've been able to incorporate my own textures very well.

I've already downloaded yours, just need to find out which files to backup before installing it.

CommonWorld.bnk, RoadPatch.bnk, FX.ini, setbush.2db, setgrass.2db and LOG_IN.bnk.

As a first step I was trying to exchange the detail texture on rocks to a different one, but so far, I got a plain brown texture on it instead, no matter which DXT compression I used. I can't seem to find the correct format. So annoying. :)

Happened to me before. Solution is quite easy actually. Open your .dds texture with DXTBmp. Double click on it and it will be opened with your default photoshop program. Make your changes, flatten the image and save. Switch back to DXTBmp. Go to Image>Reload after edit. Then, File>Save. Convert your saved .dds back to .2db and import it. Should be working. Good luck.

If you need further help with your project, I'll be happy to share a few tips with you. ;)

Solution is quite easy actually. Open your .dds texture with DXTBmp. Double click on it and it will be opened with your default photoshop program. Make your changes, flatten the image and save. Switch back to DXTBmp. Go to Image>Reload after edit. Then, File>Save. Convert your saved .dds back to .2db and import it. Should be working. Good luck.

Hmm didn't work, I need to know the correct format.

nice mod :cool:

at AF16X some road can see dark shadow but far away.

Really? Hmm, I didn't noticed them at all. Can you post some screens?

@NEED4SPEED

I'm using lil app that's called BlinkMeUp by Nemolous. It was made for WR2, and you can get it here. It's on German though, but it's pretty much straight ahead, and you won't have any trouble using it.

Really? Hmm, I didn't noticed them at all. Can you post some screens?

Oh sorry, it's not a problem only FYI. :)

Gameplay is smooth. I have enjoy nice nature scene.

I attach some pics. photo mode it looks far.

in cockpit, it is easily notice and look nearer.

V8.8 is brilliant, but the roads are pitch black from far away... :confused:

ILLUSION, don't you think that the black distant mipmaps are caused by the DDS file you imported has no mipmaps generated?

If you set Anisotropic filtering to 16 you just make it look sharper in the distance, that's not a real solution. I would say it's a texture problem.

(Look who speaks, who cannot even import a single texture :P )

@nineo Thanks for those screenies. Frankly, I didn't noticed it before. It seems the faster you go, you can see that black thingy more. It does have mipmaps though... just checked. My only guess is that this happens because files in CommonWorldDiv2.bnk are left unchanged. v0.8.9 was ready for upload, but since we all got this problem, I'll try to find a solution for it. I'll have a more detailed look into it later. In the meantime... [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/fa6af5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/a0dobb.jpg[/IMG] Yesterday I've posted few pics of X6M, and you can see new textures there too. [IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/w7yc0m.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/30ccg7p.jpg[/IMG] As always, you can see more pics over [url=http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=19475&page=6]here[/url]. It's updated regurarly. Cya later. ;)

You were right SzFeri82, mipmaps are the cause of that problem. However, it seems that I'm just missing something. For example, mipmap count of vanilla .2db file is 9. I save mine with the same count, but the problems still persists. I've lost couple of hours trying to get it right, but so far, it was all in vain. Any ideas?

Hey, i'dont know how to install a light road patch. Someone can help me ?

Err... you've missed a topic, buddy. But nevermind, copy your RoadPatch.bnk here Euro\Bnk\Details and replace it with yours.

iLLusion mate, can you combine you mods nature v8 with island paradise v0.8.9? It would be good to have it both in one installation instead of installing them both separately. Also is the FX file in both mods different (grass etc.)?

I won't do that cause someone might not like to have pine trees on a exotic location like Oahu. And besides, installation of 2D Nature last for only few secs. Older mods did have different FX.ini, but all my newer share the same file. That includes IP and 2D Nature series.

In other news, I've managed to find a way for a 3rd road type, I'll include it in v0.8.9. And I'll probably make complete overhaul of the roads once again. As soon as I find correct setting for mipmap, that is. XD

I won't do that cause someone might not like to have pine trees on a exotic location like Oahu. And besides, installation of 2D Nature last for only few secs. Older mods did have different FX.ini, but all my newer share the same file. That includes IP and 2D Nature series.

Fair enough :) Good that we now have same FX.ini

In other news, I've managed to find a way for a 3rd road type, I'll include it in v0.8.9. And I'll probably make complete overhaul of the roads once again. As soon as I find correct setting for mipmap, that is. XD

So my other question, is there any chance to have two version of roads in next release - light (both double and single roads) and light/dark (like in 0.8.8)?

Two versions? I don't think so... how about three? XD

Vanilla TDU had only one road type for the whole island, but... I've managed to include not one, not two, but three different road types!

ipa9n7.jpg

kbzpc6.jpg

1zluhl2.jpg

20kajbr.jpg

24fk1sn.jpg

29m0ksz.jpg

They look so stunning, that I just had to upload them in 1080p. Download them here.

Island Paradise v0.8.9 coming soon!