We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official System Requirements for TDU2

iLLGT3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought GTA:IV was pretty demanding in terms of graphics + CPU.

But TDU:2 gonna be in a whole different league from the looks of it :|

For GTA:IV System Requirements Lab Analysis: Congratulations, your system passes the Recommended requirements! You should have a great experience running this product.

For TDU:System Requirements Lab Analysis: Your computer can run this product because your system meets the [Minimum requirements]. If you want to see how you can meet all the Recommended requirements to have a great experience, look at the Recommended section below

Basically i pass

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

RAM ;4GB

Video Card: FAIL X GeForce 8800 GT Dangggggggg!

I had a 8800GT 512 paired with 2gb and a C2D e6600 when GTA4 came out. The game ran good at low settings (be it that the 8800GT was considered recommended for the game), but now a 480 or 5870 has just enough vram and power to max the graphics out. The game did respond better the 3 and 4 core CPU's however.

Then we take TDU where the recommended was a 9800Pro or 6600GT in which, even today with a GTX275 (5 generations and 5 years later) at 1920x1200, the GPU has got -just- enough power to do maxed details with 4x AA and never dip below 60FPS.

/ocdwarning - The recommended will be a bit weak so I'd go with something more powerful than a 4870/GTX280 if your going to run this at higher resolutions and want smooth FPS with high detail. Maybe a 5850/5870 or a GTX470/480.

Whatever you do, do not buy a 4xxx series or GTX2xx series. There is no sense to buy a DX10 card anymore with ATI's pricing and selection on the 5xxx series. Even a GTX470 will be a good long"er" term investment with it's superior tessellation power and DX11 compatibility.

Wayhay! 8800GT crew, y0.

I was thinking about upgrading to an HD 5870. I did also look at GTX 470s and 480s but I can't justify the cost. No doubt they're probably brilliant cards, but I also need to factor in that my CPU will probably bottleneck whatever card I get quite a bit.

Last time I went on GTA IV which was a few patches ago my 8800GT didn't mind a mixture of Medium/High details, somehow. The only issue I had with that game was that I don't have a quad core CPU. The old 8800GT hasn't done too bad at all with all these latest games and their stupid requirements.

Let's remember that TDU1 actually had pretty good graphics for it's time. It requires a lot less hardware then TDU2. I know we can't really compare the two games since they run on two different game-engine, but the game can't have been coded so badly that average graphics requires hardcore hardware.

I'm positive there will be more suprises, especially graphical and gameworld-surroundings wise. We've allready been told depth-of-view and drawing distance in-game looks incredible, that's good. It requires more power from the hardware though but in my opinion it's well worth it. Will be nice to drive around and also be able to look 2-5km down the mountains to the city :)

Whatever you do' date=' do not buy a 4xxx series or GTX2xx series. There is no sense to buy a DX10 card anymore with ATI's pricing and selection on the 5xxx series. Even a GTX470 will be a good long"er" term investment with it's superior tessellation power and DX11 compatibility. [/quote']

I agree, exept from that you should wait buying the 470/480 till the summer is over. The reason is the heat the card is producing. The hotter it is outdoor, the hotter it is indoor. When it's hot inside your room, it will affect the card's temp even more than the problem they allready have. The higher temp, the lower performance it will give. The 470/480's fan works good but it is extremely noisy. If you play games using a headset, then you're fine. Otherwise not.

New drivers are expected around august. They will most likely help with the heat issue.

Another thing with the fermi cards is that they sucks power like Myrmecophagidae.

Other then that the fermi cards are excelent.

I agree, exept from that you should wait buying the 470/480 till the summer is over. The reason is the heat the card is producing. The hotter it is outdoor, the hotter it is indoor. When it's hot inside your room, it will affect the card's temp even more than the problem they allready have. The higher temp, the lower performance it will give. The 470/480's fan works good but it is extremely noisy. If you play games using a headset, then you're fine. Otherwise not.

New drivers are expected around august. They will most likely help with the heat issue.

Another thing with the fermi cards is that they sucks power like Myrmecophagidae.

Other then that the fermi cards are excelent.

New drivers will do nothing about heat issue,new version of those card will do something about it ;)

I don't think that TDU2 will be so demanding,i think that if TDU run good,then TDU2 will run good.Everybody should just wait for the game to come out and then make a choice!

Nvidia should release new card in september with less power consumption,less heat,maybe a little more powerfull ect... :)

Haven't heard a Fermi myself but while some people say it's way too noisy, some say that it makes the same noise as a HD4870X2. I really don't know what to believe :confused:

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll be able to play TDU2 with maximum details at 1920*1080 except for AA and AF :P

I'm running a GTX 480 and I must say that it is noticeably quiter and cooler (everything being stock) than my previous card, the 9800 GX2. Plus it's in an Antec 900 case, so the case fans are a lot louder than the gfx card. Just don't touch the heatsink on the card when or just after gaming, that part gets quite hot, but the actual GPU temps are lower than the 9800 GX2.

Who's going to hear it when you're gaming anyway? You guys use speakers, right? :nuts:

New drivers will do nothing about heat issue,new version of those card will do something about it ;)

I don't think that TDU2 will be so demanding,i think that if TDU run good,then TDU2 will run good.Everybody should just wait for the game to come out and then make a choice!

Nvidia should release new card in september with less power consumption,less heat,maybe a little more powerfull ect... :)

Drivers do affect performance, heat and power very much. For instance, my 2x 5870 (Asus) went 3 degrees cooler (idle) with the latest driver.

TDU2 doesn't have to be demanding but from their own requirements it's clarly more demanding then I would've believed from graphical view. The amazing drawing distance in TDU2 is probably a big contributor to the reason. If you mix that with the huge and grately detailed world then it will demand even more. Especially if you're maxing the game's potential.

It is also wrong to compare TDU2 with TDU1, because the two games are running on two completely different game-engines. Which means they have been coded differently. So they will demand differently.

Nvidia GTX 465 = Released yesterday | Fermi 100 | Benchmark shows performance between HD5850 and HD5870

Nvidia GTX 460 = June 2010 | Fermi 104 | Will compete against HD5850

Nvidia GTS 450 = June 2010 | Fermi 104 | Will compete against HD5830

Nvidia GTS 440 = June 2010 | Fermi 104 | Will compete against HD5770

Nvidia GTS 430 = June 2010 | Fermi 104 | Will compete against HD5770

ATi FirePro™ V8800

ATi FirePro™ V8750

ATi FirePro™ V8700

ATi FirePro™ V7800

ATi FirePro™ V7750

ATi FirePro™ V8800

ATi FirePro™ V5800

ATi FirePro™ V5700

ATi FirePro™ V4800

ATi FirePro™ V3800

ATi FirePro™ V3750

ATi FirePro™ V3700

ATi FirePro™ RG220

ATi FirePro™ 2460 Multi-View

FirePro are cards with 3D technology. The V8800 also has an 2GB memory. The downside is that they are expensive. The best FirePro cards will cost well over $1000. 2 more Radeon cards are expected in late Q4 2010.

Haven't heard a Fermi myself but while some people say it's way too noisy, some say that it makes the same noise as a HD4870X2. I really don't know what to believe :confused:

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll be able to play TDU2 with maximum details at 1920*1080 except for AA and AF :P

I haven't heard the 4870x2 before but it could be right.

Heres the loud sound of

anyways. Though a video won't let you hear it correctly, it will at leased give show you it's too loud, in my opinion.

Tbh I dont care about sound, i listen to music.... Very loud music so it doesnt bother me.

When looking at GFx cards i only care about: Value for money, Temps and if i can run games on high.... I couldnt care less about 193844884xAA filtering and what not, just put a game in and set it to high, if your cards good enough you have no need to mess :D

A lot of you are over exaggerating the noise that a graphics card makes. Even when gaming the fans will never go anywhere near 100% unless the card id faulty or the user forces a fan speed value.

The GTX480 is barely louder than a HD5870 when on a game. Most computer case fans or CPU fans are louder than the graphics card fan. I've made computers with both of those graphics cards in them so I've experienced how loud they are first hand and not gone by what other people have said.

But GTX 480 does run a bit hotter, but not a great deal hotter and does require a more powerful PSU.

So if you are really bothered about the noise that a graphics card makes, get one with passive cooling and not active cooling.

I have 2x ASUS HD5870 and my friend has an GTX 480. The 480 is louder. I agree that you won't be running any fans at 100% but I have my fan at 30% when gaming (temp between 35-45). With the 480 you won't even be able to have the fan that low at idle. Not that you notice much difference between 30 and 37% but when gaming with 480 the fan will probably be at over 45%. Over time (2-4 months or so) the temps starts to rise (idle and load), which is normal with every high-end cards.

Fan noise is easy to be used with so it probably doesn't mean to much but, I guess it's worth mentioning it.

The GTX 480 does run a great deal hotter actually. So does GTX 470 as well. That's why it has been an issue.

Here's an video comparison (Fan noise, Temp and Watts). Video 2,4 and 6.

It wasn't as much difference in heat as I have seen before but 10c is 10c.

I have 2x ASUS HD5870 and my friend has an GTX 480. The 480 is louder. I agree that you won't be running any fans at 100% but I have my fan at 30% when gaming (temp between 35-45). With the 480 you won't even be able to have the fan that low at idle. Not that you notice much difference between 30 and 37% but when gaming with 480 the fan will probably be at over 45%. Over time (2-4 months or so) the temps starts to rise (idle and load), which is normal with every high-end cards.

Fan noise is easy to be used with so it probably doesn't mean to much but, I guess it's worth mentioning it.

The GTX 480 does run a great deal hotter actually. So does GTX 470 as well. That's why it has been an issue.

Here's an video comparison (Fan noise, Temp and Watts). Video 2,4 and 6.

It wasn't as much difference in heat as I have seen before but 10c is 10c.

Before I clicked that link I knew from what you said that they would be using a test bench to evaluate the cards. The cards run cooler inside a case, especially a fullsized case with fans on the front as there is a channel of air being pushed from the front of the case towards the back of the case over/through the graphics card. This is the case for just about every graphics card although some benefit from it more than others. It reduces the heat and the noise.

But hey, you seem to have your mind set on it from watching test bench videos rather from experiencing it first hand, so I'll let you read/watch.

I've never tried. The case fans and LEDs in my Antec 900 would keep me awake before the card does.

When I have an hour to kill, I'll try to unbury the fan speed switches and turn them back down to Low (I think most of them are Low or Medium atm)

@Mellors - I have experienced the cards mate, as I said in the post you quoted ;)

@Ryzza5 - That's what I'm saying. It shows it's way hotter than my 2x HD5870. When I run my fan speed at 44% (TDU, windowed) then it's 36c.

---

But ok, maybe I'm unnessesary obsessed with minor stuff that probably doesn't mean anything to the general people. What we probably can agree with is that the 480 is damn good. It will max TDU2 and way more, thats for sure ;)