We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Contest - Create your own concept car !

TheDuck38

Hello everybody

I've spent some time reading many posts where people just argue about the quality (or non-quality) of a car release... sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's really terrible to read. I won't comment this further. I'm quite new to this forum and I don't want to offense anybody.

I could understand that many of the released cars are 'converted' models... so here's my idea :

WHY NOT MAKING A CONTEST WHERE CAR MODDERS WILL CREATE THEIR OWN 'IDEAL' CAR ?

Just one rule : it must not exist !

Take parts of existing cars or do everything yourself, as you like; and create your own concept car for TDU...

Forum users will then vote for their favorite car. Like the 'Picture of the week' contest, except that everybody will have the car if he wants it...

Just tell me what you think about this... and it will probably require help of admins to sort everything in a formal thread and allow users to vote...

TheDuck38

PS : and sorry if it is not the right place to put this... just tell me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!! Only one problem though. What if someone doesn't know to do the convertion? :sulk:

Sorry, my post was not clear (changed it) : I meant modders will choose any mean to create their own car... the only thing is the result and if it pleases the users...

TD38

Could it be like, just a design made in Photoshop or something? If so, then I might participate...

In fact the idea was more to make a 'real' TDU car we could use ingame. I think there are enough modders in the community to make the challenge worth...

TD38

Bad idea. Frankly, I don't want pro modders to give up their current mods and make some crappy un-real, non-existing car as a competition. maybe instead suggest to choose any existing car (rather than un-existing) and make it as best as possible according to the real model or sources. Just my opinion.

Sorry, my post was not clear (changed it) : I meant modders will choose any mean to create their own car... the only thing is the result and if it pleases the users...

TD38

Aha, now I got it. It doesn't matter, I will give it a try though. How difficult the convertion must be anyway?

At least do you if there is any tutorial available for the convertion? Here or in any other website.

@Ryzza5 :

Maybe One shot competition and let's see is modders want to 'play the game'....

@gpktm :

I'am not a car modder myself (not very good at designing...) but maybe you could get some hints here...

@Helex

I understand your point, but what is a "pro" modder ? Isn't this a game from beginning to the end ? If some modelers intend to be professionals and then be hired by games developers, it is also good for them to show their abilities to create entirely a car...

Anyway it was just an idea... the ones who like can do it.

@gpktm :

I'am not a car modder myself (not very good at designing...) but maybe you could get some hints here...

Actually I ment I need help with the convertion, not modelling. :)

By the way, are we going to post our WIP here or there will be a new thread? Come on people! I'm anxious to start! :)

Actually I ment I need help with the convertion, not modelling. :)

By the way, are we going to post our WIP here or there will be a new thread? Come on people! I'm anxious to start! :)

I suppose an administrator could help creating a 'Formal' thread to collect concept models and then allow a vote. Any volunteer ? :confused:

TD38

I once created my own conceptcar for a similar but official competition for TDU1. The winning design would be put in the game. When the contest was over, almost nobody paid attention to the rules, there were too many noobish entries, and the winning car was, I believe, an already existing vehicle from another racinggame.

This contest sounds good. I could join in on this but I haven't got TDU1 anymore, and I can't convert to TDU1 as I have 3ds, not zmodeler.

This contest sounds good. I could join in on this but I haven't got TDU1 anymore, and I can't convert to TDU1 as I have 3ds, not zmodeler.

Uhmmm... I'm not using Zmodeler either. But I think we can import the 3DS model into Zmodeler and convert it, even with the free version of Zmodeler. Not sure though.

Only the Import feature is cut in the free version, you can do everything else. ;)

Well... we will see, may someone who uses Zmodeler will show interest in converting the cars. We will see when that time comes, by meantime, we have to wait and check if the contest will take part or not. ;)