We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

E3: Vote TDU2 into the Top Ten and Live Presentation

drivefast

this video is called a stage demo as many others in the E3. there are lots of games that where announced this week and they already showed gameplay, and we got nothing in the "stage demo". that was nothing but a crappy interview with old info. there is something wrong happening, either they know the rest of the games will shine above this one or Eden/Atari have bad advertising and marketing advisory. it is completely unfair that we waited so long for the E3 stage demo and we received nothing. to say more, just to put "stage demo" in the title of that interview in the video in gamespot.com is disrespecting. the community made its part for this game to exist. we all were waiting for some gameplay and we deserved it, whoever reads this.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if these things have been said before but this article had a couple of new items.

http://www.bingegamer.net/2010/e3-2010-test-drive-unlimited-2-hands-on/

here's the important snippet. this is the first confirmation i have heard about engine mods. of course this likely just means the stage setup again. also talks of how the game starts

Sounds like TDU1. You were being thrown into a rental company's lot after touching down on Oahu.

They seem to confirm Games For Windows Live too. Good, or not, I don't know, sofar haven't had any issue with GFWL.

But what about this ? I know somethins is not news, but other featuers:

Caravans in it (don't know what we can do with this but ok)

Find 10 wrecks you obtain a free car.

Radio in car is more advanced then in TDU1 and TV in your house work. TV and radio broadcast even weather forecasts.

Roughly same amount of cars as TDU1.

Customization cars.

Getting a Yacht at higher level. Explore even more in TDU2 with this yacht

Minor damage on cars

Missions on both islands

Can walk around outside your car. Talk to other persons, even challenge other clubs

3000km of roads total (1600KM on Oahu, offroad tracks not included)

600 Challenges, TDU1 had only 300 Challenges

Access Ibiza Airport at Level 10

in the paintshop, you can do duel tune painting, adding stickers

cops are in the new TDU2, and improved

improved car handling (build from scratch, cars are better balanced out)

offroad not confined to the road

1/3 of tracks are offroad, 2/3 are road

Some of the challenges are like a TV show, where you have to go back and forth between both the islands / or the racing is based around a TV Show. (need more info about it)

Release date is confirmed: NA September 21st 2010, EU and the rest of the world September 24th 2010

There will be some similar challenges as from TDU1 (like the island tour)

Rain will also effect the cars handling

Caravans in it (don't know what we can do with this but ok)

There was artwork of a beaten up caravan, I think the player will have to start from zero and will first perhaps live in a caravan.

I wonder when they tell something about the racingschools artwork. :p I know what Diablo edited out of the artwork image.

this is just sad. after having the 10th look to the TDU2 3rd trailer and the SLR McLaren with the 2 girls outside, and comparing it to the other E3 racing games with gameplay footage and availabilty for those who assisted, the word is weak, period. Obviously GT5 has outstanding graphics, Driver isn't as impresive and still showed gameplay. NFS had the EA opening advantage but it was all about impressing with the trailer and then the gameplay. TDU2 showed the trailer from day 1, why not to show gameplay on the floor and finally on the stage demo. I knew there was something weird when i entered the E3 homepage long before starting and i saw the Atari booth was way small

On to next one

Alright guy's it's time to close down this thread. Theres nothing to see here pack your bags and move on with it. Yes atari was a big let down at E3 but it's not the end of the world!.......... hey at least we got to see some ugly babes next to a hot car :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe some might have missed, and perhaps this was already mentioned, but I just read more about the co-op mode:

The game features over 600 different challenges for you to take part in, but they’re not all competitive: there are many cooperative challenges in place as well. During my demo, I was shown a challenge called Follow The Leader. As you race along the track, one person is given access to the route that you must follow; every other car in the group has to follow that leader’s path. As you pass through checkpoints, the leader role randomly jumps to another car, requiring the group to work as a team to complete the challenge.

Posted on TDU-Central, as the note goes at the bottom, don't take this as 100% facts.

Slowly the info of the E3 is getting in. While for the public there was an interview, the press have tested the game behind closed doors and shares the info and facts. We've listed the important stuff:

- Satellitedata was used to recreate a correct version of the island.

- Avatars have badly animated movements and don't look like they are actually alive.

- Co-op Mode: The pack follows the leader:

The leader sees checkpoints which have to be passed, and as only he can see them, he must guide the other people through the checkpoints as they can't see them.

- Fast cars are more difficult to master than slower cars

- Sofortherausforderungen wieder möglich

- To get rid of damage and dirt, one has to do nothing more than teleport through the mapmode.

- Communication between Avatars goes by using expressions.

- Players connect through Games for Windows Live, Xbox Live and PSN

- There's a caravan (as house)

- 10 wrecks will unlock a new car, for free

- Radio and television have been developed further and will show weather forecasts

- 600 challenges

- Some areas of the island have to be unlocked by progressing through the game

- Aquaplaning

- Eden works together with carbuilders to get realistic drivingbehaviour

NOTE: One can question himself if this information is correct as there were some mistakes in the articles, like walking on the entire island,or more than 60 levels (as far as known there are exactly 60 levels, not more)

Not happy about GFW Live, but hopefully it works a lot better in TDU2 than it does in all my other GFWL games.

I also hope we don't have to worry about profile corruption with 600 challenges available (or is that including the MP races)