We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crazy Steam Summer Sale

S71NG3R

In need for some games to stop you looking like a lobster this summer?

Steam's massive summer sale is here to help. http://store.steampowered.com/

Plus super hot 24H bargains so be quick.

Not enough here is a deal that's hard to keep the credit on your credit card.

Square Enix Eidos Collector's Pack

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4581/

Individual price: £451.33

Summer sale £67.49

Damn. I am going to restrain myself from buying what I want this time. I really would buy a crap load if I could.

However I will definitely be looking closely at

Overlord Complete Pack

Indigo Prophecy

Defense Grid - The Awakening (It's £3.49 atm and if it goes down to £1.75 i'm sure as hell buying it!)

Silent Hill : Homecoming (As much as this is the cheapest it currently can be found, i'm still not paying that much for it)

Shadowgrounds Pack

I bought GM Rally on based on your earlier praise, Leadfoot - I'll do a mini review later next week on it

I know you were joking, but it was $5 (I spend more on breakfast), and it says 'Rally' in the title

:nuts:

I also picked up the first two versions of Flat Out since Ultimate Carnage was pretty good.

Audiosurf is the sex. I've got it on disk. Which means i can install it, tehn download it off steam wherever i want, but it also means i can share it and my mates can do the same thing :D It was only £3 in CEX

Bought L4D2 for £6.80 yesterday and just got Half Life for £1.19 in the Daily Deals. Tons of bargains to be had here.

Unfortunately although the collection offers (Rockstar collection, Valve Complete pack etc) are really good value now, I have half of the games from each pack so it'd be a waste of money getting them. Still, some pretty good deals to be had. (Still waiting for L4D2 to download, been waiting since 8 this morning thanks to my crappy internet :( )

Well, both GM Rally and Flat Out were predictably rubbish. Whoever said GMR had bad physics was wrong; it has no physics.

FlatOut2 was ok, but only because it was 95% exactly the same as FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, same cars, tracks, tournaments, AI names, the lot. Only the graphics weren't as HDR'ish as in the 3rd game.

Don't buy anything made by '1C Company' - I've got a few of their titles and the only way you could describe them positively is if they were released in 1993... which they weren't. ;)

Anyone who has studied accounting will be familiar with the term 'loss-leaders'.

Advertise cheap milk on special to your mum, and she'll go to that particular supermarket and buy other stuff while she's there.

Sell cheap games on Steam, and they increase their userbase & potential sales for when the new games come out later this year (they're only really selling a license rather than a printed DVD and case + user guide, etc).

A lot of those games probably sell for about $10 at the local post office, of which the developers probably only see a similar small amount of money returned to them :)

I've bought Audisurf and Saints Row 2 so far. Saints Row 2 cost less than Audiosurf which I find quite amusing. It's taking ages to download 15GB, though.

I'm also thinking about buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, too. I was going to buy it on release but now it's £10 it's even more appealing.

Then I promise to stop spending, honestly :p