We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Convertible

calster17

Rag-Tops, Tin-Tops, Taga Top, T-Bars and Tents....or whatever style of open air motoring it is, eather way we know TDU2 will let is pick wheater we want out Gallardo Spyder with its roof up or down!

But i've been woundering, with some cars how will they do it? For example if the Caterham 7 is ingame....will you not be able to put the 'roof'(and i use the term roof very loosly here!) or will you have to stop at the side of the road and wait, or only be able to put it or or down when stopped at your house or other building? Same for the Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster(which Evo Magazine say took them 20 mins to put the roof up on it!) or the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport...which is along the same lines! also for the last two would you be able to pick between the rag-top or taga pannle?

Just an idea but what do you guys think?

Also to stop people going "OMG the cars you said are ingame?"...well i've just used them for examples! we'll let time tell us if they are or not!

Rag-Tops, Tin-Tops, Taga Top, T-Bars and Tents....or whatever style of open air motoring it is, eather way we know TDU2 will let is pick wheater we want out Gallardo Spyder with its roof up or down!

But i've been woundering, with some cars how will they do it? For example if the Caterham 7 is ingame....will you not be able to put the 'roof'(and i use the term roof very loosly here!) or will you have to stop at the side of the road and wait, or only be able to put it or or down when stopped at your house or other building? Same for the Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster(which Evo Magazine say took them 20 mins to put the roof up on it!) or the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport...which is along the same lines! also for the last two would you be able to pick between the rag-top or taga pannle?

Just an idea but what do you guys think?

Also to stop people going "OMG the cars you said are ingame?"...well i've just used them for examples! we'll let time tell us if they are or not!

OMG the cars you said are ingame? :lol:

I don't know really, it has been said about the Zonda before, i guess we will just have to wait and see!

Lordstig

Do it like in real: enable an extra option for in the garages and showrooms to attach or detach the roofs/roofpanels before driving, because that's how it's done.

Also, if the Veyron Grand Sport is in, they have to include a major detail: speedlimiting. Why? The real thing doesn't go beyond 130km/h when the temporarily softtop is used. When no roof is used it goes 360 and only when the actual roofpanels are installed it goes 407.

My idea is if you have a car that's roof needs to be attached and you press the button to put it on/off, there should be a cutscene showing the player's character putting the roof on/off. Or an easier method would be when you press the button, the screen fades out and fades back in with your car roof in the desired position.

Do it like in real: enable an extra option for in the garages and showrooms to attach or detach the roofs/roofpanels before driving, because that's how it's done.

Also, if the Veyron Grand Sport is in, they have to include a major detail: speedlimiting. Why? The real thing doesn't go beyond 130km/h when the temporarily softtop is used. When no roof is used it goes 360 and only when the actual roofpanels are installed it goes 407.

Thats the idea i was thinking of, the easyest way and most real(unless the roof just pops up when in a caterham! lol)

Also good point with the speedlimiting! although i could see them maybe not bothering as its a litle easyer to do! For example MCLA had it so you could put the roof up & down when going at 250MPH! Also with the case of the veryon and its 'Umbrealla' is up(best description i've seen used for its emergency roof) they probaly would have it so the Grand Sport and the normal ones are just the same car but one has a taga-top!

There was one car shown during the presentation where I was wondering what happens when it rains, as far as I know... you get wet. lol

:eek: I'm going to just guess its a 7! even if its not!:cool: If they did have a 7 and the option for a roof i would't use it.....a hardcore 7 driver never uses the roof! even if it is a thunderstrom!

I think Diablo was aiming at the SLR Stirling Moss, since there is absolutely no way it can drive with a roof. It only comes with two covers for when the vehicle is not in use.

It would also be a ''safer'' bet than a Caterham since it was one of the first cars to be confirmed.

I'd go for no helmets. I'd only wear those classic racingglasses for when driving the Stirling Moss, otherwise helmets are for bikes and I always avoid bikes as much as I can.

I personally would't mind them, but i'd only have them in somthing like the SLR Moss edtion or Lotus 2-Elevan!

As for the racing glasses, i'd have a pair for Avaiators or some sporty streamline ones paired with a scarf over my mouth! Having a fly hit you in the face at 90MHP really hirts you...never mind 150MHp+! :eek:

Same goes for the Murcielago Roadster & I would like this detail to be in the game, but I don't see it happening.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

*Epic Bump*:cheeky:

Since the Full Carlist is out, though i'd bump this!

The qustion is still there though, will the Caterham have a roof option?

We've seen the Veyron GS has the option for the Taga pannle, but will the caterham's have the option? Not really bothered if they dont as admittidly I would't have it up even when the cockpit is like a bath and my guys driving in it!:cool:

But nice feture nonetheless!

Also theres a lot of cars in the list that dont have windscreens, such as the Atom, R500, SLR Moss and depending on what edtions of the 2-elevan and D-type they have in! Personally I think helmets should be included for them...or at least let youlook like this...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Car%20Pictures/tn_Ariel_7-L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Somthing Else involving Convertibles has been bugging me, and its nothing to do with Eyewere!

When Picking your car, Choosing the Colour of the cars, what rims and if you want Cream seats....will you be able to pick the colour of the Convertibles if there a 'rag-top'? Or will they be a Pre-set colour(Most probs Black)

Sorry if this has alreday been said, but Hopefully you can pick! i want a Black Wiseman with a White/Cream Rag-top roof!(give it that 1930's look!)

I can't help but think that they will go for reality and let you do whatever you can do with the cars in real life. The different roof colours in NFS4 looked good, but I don't think white or creme coloured ragtops are standard on any cars in real life. At least not any of the ones in TDU2. Or...?