We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ford fiesta 53 zetec (Complete Interior Rehaul!)

EW

Just mention this is Charlottes car before we go any further.

Basically she had saved up for the new 10plate Fiesta in frost white (on finance) however after much deliberation I convinced her to keep her current car and save the money for a deposit on a house in a few years.

So I asked "why dont you like yours? Why do you NEED a new one?!"

And the reply I got was "The steering wheel bugs me and I want a black interior..."

Old...

4733752865_37ef8cc9ee_m.jpg4660195037_21723d4487_m.jpg

4660189293_a9af21dbb7_m.jpg

So after telling her how daft that sounded I gave a breakers yard a call (Transplants Auto's) and priced up the bits and bobs, for a full new interior (Black of course) and had a chat with the woman and managed to get the price down from £350 - Interior panels, £125 - Steering wheel, £100 - Seats to an amazing £175 for the lot! I got it this cheap because I said I'd take the parts out of the "doner" car myself...

Doner car... Link

674619.jpg

674621.jpg

So I got a van with one of my mates, picked the stuff up and its only when I got home i relised what a dig job this would be... The only things that would be left in the car was the Dashboard, Roof liner and carpet. :eek2:

So I made a start, firstly cleaning all the parts bought and making them look brand new. Before starting with the passanger seat...

4734392262_c8354a28e0_m.jpg

Then the rear's

4734393024_f4d5aa1417_m.jpg

Then the drivers (Harder because of electrics)

4734393310_a3f090eee9_m.jpg

Then door panels & Rear interior panels

4733754181_7698ee8858_m.jpg

And thats it for today, will update on sunday when im finishing it off, but until then be safe in the knowlage that im KNACKERD!!!! 7am till now and this is my first sit down all day :lol:

I definitely admire the effort and I prefer the darker interior, too. The interior is definitely not something to warrant a car change these days seeing as most interior objects are easily removed and replaced on most cars. I took the chance to hoover the floor underneathe where my seats are the last time I removed them, not that anyone can see under them once they're in but it'd bug the hell out of me knowing I didn't clean there.

Makes me want to buy leather seats for my Pugger again now :/

Yea I had the dyson on the carpets after ripping them out too, but it was too dark to take pictures so i put the carpet back in "Cleaned" its alot better so theres no mess down the side of the seats etc..

Tbh this is relitivly straight forward just takes a lifetime.