We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It's Educational Debt Time!

Who

Yes, it's that time of year again, where us people from the UK find out how we've done in 6th Form/College, and for many of us we begin packing our bags for university.

So, to all those who did well, congratulations, pat on the back, for those going to uni, good luck, and to those who may not have got what they hoped for, you're not alone, if you're devoted enough though, you can pull through.

And for our Yung'uns, Good Luck with your GCSEs

I didn't do great, and I knew what I got (I'm a BTEC student) but fortunately the University Of Chester are letting me in.

I got my results a couple of weeks ago, I was a BTEC student studying for a National Diploma in IT. I mainly got passes for the units but got one Merit and two Distinctions. One of the Distinctions I honestly don't remember working towards but I'm not complaining. I kind of wish I'd tried harder to be more successful but what's done is done and atleast I didn't fail anything. I'm not going to university, though. I've always been strongly against going. I just want to get a job (Ended my time at first one which was a temporary job last week) to get some money rolling in.

Good luck/Congratulations to those who have yet to get and have had their results.

Congrats to everyone that did well and those of you who perhaps didn't get what you wanted or needed but good luck for next time.

I still have my second year on my BTEC national diploma in IT to go but from the first year I got Merit Merit Distinction. Aiming for more distinctions than Merits this coming year though.

Nice one mate, I'm also off to Uni next month, despite a minor issue with my Uni not getting any of my results -_-

A few phone calls later and I think I'm good, I exceeded my offer by 140 Ucas points so I'm hoping it should be fine when they let me know.

For those who care I got A in Applied ICT, B in Maths and Double Merit in Art and Design :)

You will have a blast at uni, went up to my future uni (Staffordshire) for a few days on a residential, was awesome :)

Congratulations guys. I'm still in school but that's a good thing because I still have no idea what I want to do as a career. Better get thinking soon though because I have to select my course and what subjects I do for next year by the 27th of this month!

Congrats Everyone!:D

I got my Higher/Inter 2 results back a few weeks ago(Scotland does it diiffrently, and has a diffrent grading system). I'm also away to Collage next week to do Service Engineering!

My Friends have decided to stay on for 6th year to try for Uni, but i decided to cut my loss early and leave for Collage!(I say losses, but i actually did better than i expected!)

But anyways, good luck to everyone for the comming School, Uni or Collage Terms! :D

Yeah, and i've just realised, I didn't actually say my grades...

My course was a joint course, with a BTEC National Diploma (18 Modules) In music Technology, which I got MMP in (*SO CLOSE* to MMM, missed out my 2 btec points, i.e. one grade bump) and also a 6 Module BTEC national award in music performance, which I got a P in

Off to uni in the university of chester doing events management :D

Yeah, and i've just realised, I didn't actually say my grades...

My course was a joint course, with a BTEC National Diploma (18 Modules) In music Technology, which I got MMP in (*SO CLOSE* to MMM, missed out my 2 btec points, i.e. one grade bump) and also a 6 Module BTEC national award in music performance, which I got a P in

Off to uni in the university of chester doing events management :D

Chester's not too far from where I'm going :p tis closer to me than home will be anyway.

I'm going to Stafford to do Games Concept Design.

Have fun y'all... I'm in my final year of the IBDP, with the big exams in November. After that it's two years doing National Service (i.e. conscription), and only then can I go to Uni. That's a good thing I suppose, since at this stage I haven't decided what I want to do with my life