We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC Beta (Closed) Officially Underway!

Eudemon

Or, they understand it, but just post exclusive TDU2 beta footage anyway for the crowd that's sitting and waiting. No doubt they'll get a lot of views when interest really picks up and that's an added bonus for them, people subscribing to them for more info and videos.

But at what cost? Banned from future Atari/Eden Games' beta? I personally don't think it's worth the fame, 5 minutes on Youtube, and then you're forgotten. I will never understand people.

--

Speaking of the beta, they finally announced it officially on their website.

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/closed_beta_launch

For teh lulz. :lol:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there people complaining about the leaked gameplay on the internet. If you ask me I think they deserve to have there gameplay leaked don't forget they left us fans with no news for almost 3 months.

Leaking gameplay is a breach of the NDA. This means that the spot that the people who are leaking material could be for people who are willing to be more productive than recording them playing. If it was for test purposes, if TDU works well under load sure, but that doesn't mean they need to post it.

this pains me to say, but after looking at the vids that are not on the tube, which aint about the beta, looking at the way the cars handle im thinking im not going to buy it.

after 4/5 years of waiting it looks like they have made it worse, im gutted, they have gone more towards burnout than forza, the cars handle more arcady than arcade mode in the first one

this pains me to say, but after looking at the vids that are not on the tube, which aint about the beta, looking at the way the cars handle im thinking im not going to buy it.

after 4/5 years of waiting it looks like they have made it worse, im gutted, they have gone more towards burnout than forza, the cars handle more arcady than arcade mode in the first one

Keep in mind, that this is a beta. The game hasn't been released yet and it has not been polished up yet. This is why the date was pushed back. Eden/Atari pushed the release date back to perfect the game for us to play, not for us to talk about what we don't like from the beta and hate on the game. Just give it some time, they shall improve. There should be more betas coming on the way, like how NFS World had so many. One beta isn't enough for a whole game!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my E-Mail last night and my Beta key, I downloaded it and set it all up and Im now ready to enjoy.....

I am very sorry to all of you on here that have not recieved a key or e-mail but you never know how many testers they want.

I will enjoy it all the more for you all?

What I don't understand is, if they have been working on the driving physics for four years, and they are so proud of the fact that they re-built it from the ground up, it MUST be represented accurately in the beta. So:

1) why does it look so rubbish on the leaked videos

2) how much can they really tweak it if they wanted to

I'm very, very concerned Eden/Atari.

What I don't understand is, if they have been working on the driving physics for four years, and they are so proud of the fact that they re-built it from the ground up, it MUST be represented accurately in the beta. So:

1) why does it look so rubbish on the leaked videos

2) how much can they really tweak it if they wanted to

I'm very, very concerned Eden/Atari.

1) Most of the leaked footage is played with a keyboard

2) It's a beta. Anything can happen. I don't get it, why is it so hard to understand that beta does not represent the quality of the final game...

2) It's a beta. Anything can happen. I don't get it, why is it so hard to understand that beta does not represent the quality of the final game...

They are 5 months away from releasing a game with poor driving physics that they have been developing for four years... and are very proud of.

Keyboard or not - I'm pretty sure that just because you are using arrow keys, it doesn't suddenly make the car steer on a central axis which defy's gravity... does it??? I've played driving games on the PS2 which have a better representation of the real thing.

... I do hope you are right though, otherwise it's a lost cause.

1. Without any difference. I'm playing at G25 and all looks the same. Physics is realy rubbish.

2. I want to believe....