We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC Beta (Closed) Officially Underway!

Eudemon

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they do take all this on board. I don't want to bang on about the driving physics but certain bugs I can live with, but a fundamental misrepresentation of how a car rotates when being steered by the front wheels (only) cannot be overlooked and will ruin the game for me. They've spent so much time making the environment as accurate as possible - it would be a shame if they spoilt it.

This. Unless Atari cuts out this info blackout BS, then I am defecting to NFS. At least there we know what is going on.

right, its just a game anyways, i dont feel like buying it because of the crap handling ive s**n in the b**a, game developers usually do not change the handling of the game from the beta, they just add in more stuff and perform minor tweaks...........sad 2 say

Sakranik

daRk / doRk

Runusual

Katiphus

They all have two things in common, can you guess what? :twisted:

Oh and then there's Dragon, which has something in common with those above, but not the other which those 4 have in common.

OH I have another one to add to the list.

heybk who has something in common with Dragon. :)

I'd rather have the people that were fortunate enough to get into the beta help Atari/Eden and tweak all the bugs, etc then new info... I think we all need to take a chill pill and settle down.. has a beta ever actually even influenced the final product?

Looking at TDU1, no :rolleyes:

Looking at TDU1, no :rolleyes:[/QUOte]

Well, think of it this way, if they were happy with everything in the game as is, they would have stuck to the original launch date. The reason there's such extensive testing (and such a long delay) is so they can tweak the final product. In honesty, a few previews (around E3 in particular) said the handling was a bit twitchy... They read these things, in honesty I think they'll probably have been working on the physics since the first previews complained about handling, and are using the beta testers as a test-bed for any changes they make...

As D said, they are listening

maybe we should have a poll to see what people want in respect to more realistic physics
There is one port of call where all the feedback is going and being read and reported on a daily basis. Believe me a poll by us isn't going to change anything, but that's not to say there won't be changes.

Again I tell you all they are listening and listening hard. As for new info and such, well if we get into October without hearing anything then I'll join you in being annoyed. :cheeky:

christ you could grow massively tired of repeating yourself, SEEING the physics in leaked videos counts for absolutely nothing, until your play it yourself you cannot comment. You cannot tell who is playing it, how they are playing it or what they are playing it with.

it does count for something, you can tell the difference between rfactor and burnout just by looking at it, if you cant then you shouldn't be commenting on physics anyway. i really hope they are listening because everything else looks great but they run the risk of failing badly if they dont get the handling right.

i also think they should reconsider a hardcore mode, i know they want to bring it all together rather than having two separate physics, but i think its good to separate the serious gamer from the 10 year olds.

I agree with buster2k.

I play GTR2 a lot and i can't say I'm entirely certain about TDU2's handling due to controller issues and stuff, but it does seem some cars have exaggerated oversteering tendencies, thus causing them to be "twitchy".

But I can tell clearly by just watching those beta cars doing tight 90 degree turns at 100km/h (60mph) and braking in incredibly short distances, it is definitely more like arcadel mode than hardcore mode in TDU 1.

I am devastated by the absence of HC mode because although it's a beta version, as many people have commented here, they are not likely to change the overall physics at this stage...

Of course, I am not expecting simulation handling, but I really hope the new physics will be at least reasonably realistic and a lot better than TDU1.

So far it doesn't look so good though..... :sulk: