We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Creating own cars

MagicV8

Hi,

I know there is Zmodeler to create cars for TDU, but I would like to use another program, Rhino 3D, for doing that job.

And before I'll spent 1000,- € :D I want to know, if it's possible to create and, more importamt, export cars for use in TDU.

All the other tools for TDU like Modding Tools etc. I've got already.

Any hint welcome. :)

• 4 months later...

Download Zmodeler 2 :

ZModeler2 homepage

Read 3 times basic lesson :

ZModeler2 homepage

If you do not understand something, read again (no need to ask other, all is written here) :

ZModeler2 homepage

If you do not understand yet, stop 3D.

If you understand, get 300 hours free time and work without playing video games.

Can't do anymore ;)

• 3 weeks later...

There actually is a way of creating a car in ANY other 3d package. BUT you will still need Zmodeler2.

You can build your car in any 3d app you like and just convert it to a format ZM can handle. Then you set the car up in ZM ( making sure all part names are correct and such the like ) then export it from ZM into .BNK format.

Do all the build work in what ever modeler you are used to ( i prefer Lightwave 9.6 ) then export it as something like .OBJ or .3DS and import that into ZM. Then do the setup in ZM and export from that as .BNK format.

Not an ideal way of doing it granted but if you don't like ZM modelling controls and you will be much faster making a scratch built car, you might as well do that. Might seem excessive, buying an app mainly as a converter, but ive done it a few times. Last one i did it for was 3DS max 2010 i hate MAX but nothing converts max models like max itself, in fact almost nothing converts max files :)