We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

The newtest update is just incredible :)

So many changes, and now you will get more exp points at A-spec and B-spec races. Also, bronze times at Red Bull X-challenge grow down so I think it is possible to pass it (bronze cup of course, because silver and gold times are still the same) on DualShock 3 now.

Yes it was the biggest GT5 update ever! 301MB:thumbsup:

And yes there are more Exp, cause yesterday i played bspec Like the Wind and got +20.000Exp, and a month ago i got only like 12.000, so epic :D

Yesterday i hited 10million Credits and Level 25 on Bspec, so much win :bananadance:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried GT5 at my friends house yesterday and was well.. dissapointed. Driving felt,nothing like driving. understeer everywhere,over steer if you try to flick your car into corners quickly. "The real driving simulator" they say something more like "The real bad driving simulator". I'm not just saying this because, I like xbox. But GT5, to me was a big dissapointment I've played and loved all the GT games, on the PS1 and, PS2 but this isn't one of them. I also tried a drifting event took off TCS, and all the other aids besides anti lock, and tried to drift. You hold the hand brake to start the drift like always and, it sends you violetly into the exact direction you didn't want to go. Its not because im a crappy drifter. In Forza I drift 24/7 and, well. I honestly can't see how you do it in this game. There goes Buying a PS3 for me then..

I dont see what's wrong with the drifting.. Im 15, learned to drift in GT5 with a G27, then tried the Lexus on snow. I know its easier on snow, but I did what i learned and it went very well.

I suppose you've driven real cars a little more than me. If you dont like the game then don't buy it..

But i haven't heard many people saying GT5 is a bad simulator game.

That's funny, because besides from iRacing, GT5 is pretty much the best sim I've played. The only trick to drifting is (1) to make sure you've got the right tyres - ie Sports, not Racing), and when using the G25, be prepared for the wheel to want to yank 900 degress in one direction with a fair bit of force. Those who always use 900 degress would be more used to this, but I usually have mine set to ~300. Tuning also has an effect on drifting. The more you setup a car to go around a track quickly, the less it'll want to drift (usually).

It does take a bit of getting used to though, ESPECIALLY after you've been playing TDU2 for a month :lol:

What controller were you using? I imagine a gamepad wouldn't do this title justice.

I tried GT5 at my friends house yesterday and was well.. dissapointed. Driving felt,nothing like driving. understeer everywhere,over steer if you try to flick your car into corners quickly. "The real driving simulator" they say something more like "The real bad driving simulator". I'm not just saying this because, I like xbox. But GT5, to me was a big dissapointment I've played and loved all the GT games, on the PS1 and, PS2 but this isn't one of them. I also tried a drifting event took off TCS, and all the other aids besides anti lock, and tried to drift. You hold the hand brake to start the drift like always and, it sends you violetly into the exact direction you didn't want to go. Its not because im a crappy drifter. In Forza I drift 24/7 and, well. I honestly can't see how you do it in this game. There goes Buying a PS3 for me then..

Depends on the car and setup. If you want to kill understeer, racing softs or even sport softs work well. Not forgetting turning Skid recovery force off, sometimes this can create massive amounts of understeer. These are just aspects outside of tuning the actual engine/drive terrain.

For drifting, well, again, sort of depends on the car. The best car i've found, really, is the C63 AMG, which is very good for drifting. Best tires for drifting are usually Sport Hards/Comfort Softs, depending on the power, and it's all about balancing the throttle, usually I just tap the handbrake briefly if the car needs a hand.

Personally I believe this is epic for a racing game, so long as you make sure the car is set up correctly for the job in hand.

I dont see what's wrong with the drifting.. Im 15, learned to drift in GT5 with a G27, then tried the Lexus on snow. I know its easier on snow, but I did what i learned and it went very well.

I suppose you've driven real cars a little more than me. If you dont like the game then don't buy it..

But i haven't heard many people saying GT5 is a bad simulator game.

I Also learned how to drift in snow *hi5*

That's funny, because besides from iRacing, GT5 is pretty much the best sim I've played. The only trick to drifting is (1) to make sure you've got the right tyres - ie Sports, not Racing), and when using the G25, be prepared for the wheel to want to yank 900 degress in one direction with a fair bit of force. Those who always use 900 degress would be more used to this, but I usually have mine set to ~300. Tuning also has an effect on drifting. The more you setup a car to go around a track quickly, the less it'll want to drift (usually).

It does take a bit of getting used to though, ESPECIALLY after you've been playing TDU2 for a month :lol:

What controller were you using? I imagine a gamepad wouldn't do this title justice.

Just A regular PS3 Controller.

Depends on the car and setup. If you want to kill understeer, racing softs or even sport softs work well. Not forgetting turning Skid recovery force off, sometimes this can create massive amounts of understeer. These are just aspects outside of tuning the actual engine/drive terrain.

For drifting, well, again, sort of depends on the car. The best car i've found, really, is the C63 AMG, which is very good for drifting. Best tires for drifting are usually Sport Hards/Comfort Softs, depending on the power, and it's all about balancing the throttle, usually I just tap the handbrake briefly if the car needs a hand.

Personally I believe this is epic for a racing game, so long as you make sure the car is set up correctly for the job in hand.

I was using racing softs and I was using four cars. That tuned S2000, Nismo 350Z, Camaro SS, And a Challenger and same result just shot me in the direction of the tires.

Maybe if I had a wheel it would be better but for now ill stick to TDU2 and Forza. Also I think going from a Xbox too a PS3 controller was a little werid and the controllers where more touchy then with Xbox.

Maybe if I had a wheel it would be better but for now ill stick to TDU2 and Forza. Also I think going from a Xbox too a PS3 controller was a little werid and the controllers where more touchy then with Xbox.

Dude! You really wanted to drift using the tires that give you the best grip for don't drift? Lol... Ooook!

Honestly If I have too pay $300 for a PS3 then $250 for a good wheel then $70. Thats a $620 game.. No thanks lol.

You don't need a wheel to play GT5... i enjoy the game, a lot... and i use the ps3 controller. I've also did more than 10.000 points in drift with a Corvette ZR1 at Eiger track...

You could always spend $500-600 on a great wheel :p

Then spend ~$150 for ButtKicker

Get some 3D monitors and the PS3 camera for head-tracking.

Then go for the Collectors edition of the game $130

How many thousand dollars is that? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly If I have too pay $300 for a PS3 then $250 for a good wheel then $70. Thats a $620 game.. No thanks lol.

im sorry but i really cant say nothing about this but if someone cant drift in GT5 then you seriously need training i can even drift in cars with racing tyres on them or with TC on.

i only get noticeable understeer in cars such as my 400BHP Honda Civic with sports tyres.

also i easily drift using my DS3 and get around 15k drift points an eiger and the same amount on tsukuba.

i have also played Forza a lot since my cousin has it

i like the game and drifting as easier in forza but i start getting irritated very fats when you can absolutely destroy a €2.000.000 Veyron in a Datsun.........

im sorry to say it but in realism and drivinf physics i havent found a better game than GT5 on the consoles...

now you can flame me to death with arguments :twisted: