We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

G25 caught fire

Jack1549235387

Hey guys,

I haven't posted her in ages, so appologies.

My G25 caught fire today, yes thats right, caught fire.. I was just playin when I smelt like a burning smell, I look down and my G25 is bellowing out smoke, so in my panic I obviously rip all the wires out of it, and throw it onto my bed (yes I know probs not the best place but hey, it was panic haha)

Anyway as you can possibly imagin, I'm not too chuffed with it. I have posted it in the Logitech forums but I just came here to ask you guys what I should do.

Also what wheel should I look at to replace it. I'm not sure about having the G27 after whats just happened with the G25..

Cheers guys:)

I had a similar problem with a Fanatec 911 wheel. I was playing for an hour or so and it filled up my entire room with that electrical smell. According to Fanatec the cooling mechanism in the wheel had malfunctioned resulting in the memory chip to fry itself and let out a bit of smoke. I got a replacement from Germany 2 weeks later......Hopefully Logitech being a much larger company, will replace or refund you quicker.

Must have been terrifying with all the smoke!

Anyway good luck with Getting a new one. ;)

Haha,

Just out of interest, how hot does your G25 normally get? Like yesterday I was on it and it got pretty hot. Obviously when it was on fire it was pretty hot.

But yeah, are the meant to run hot?

Jak

Mine does. I'm not sure the temps (I'd rather not go sticking sensors into the thing), but you can feel it and, occasionally, smell it.

The most worrying experience for me so far was the time my old monitor melted the power cable into the monitor, fusing the two together. Quite strong odors that day.

But it was replaced by dual 22" Acers. :)

-Leadfoot

Just wondering if you kept the G25 dust free - or if anything got into the ventilation holes on the top of it that could've caused it. Mine has never got hot, but collects dust fairly quickly so have to regularly wipe it down.

Logitech are well known for their geneorsity in replacing stuff, so give it a go.

My gear stick stopped working once but I managed to fix that myself (loose wire). I was nearly ready to buy a G27 (woudl've been a good excuse) :)

If they ever make a G29 that supports the PC, PS3 AND the 360 I'll be pretty tempted to get it.

I had a similar problem with a Fanatec 911 wheel. I was playing for an hour or so and it filled up my entire room with that electrical smell. According to Fanatec the cooling mechanism in the wheel had malfunctioned resulting in the memory chip to fry itself and let out a bit of smoke. I got a replacement from Germany 2 weeks later......Hopefully Logitech being a much larger company, will replace or refund you quicker.

Must have been terrifying with all the smoke!

Anyway good luck with Getting a new one. ;)

No problem for you to get a replacement then?

On mine there is something wrong with the connection where the power cable plugs into the wheel. It sends out sparks when I try to plug in the cable and most of the time doesn't work at all. I suspect something might go very wrong with it soon. xD

Luls someone from Logitech comes to pick up your wheel and give you a new one? Awesome.

I just swapped my G25 with a friend's G27, its great i think :)

I wonder how i get the lights working on GT5P.. Oh well, i guess i should just wait for the final game!

Haha, they make so much money, replacing the odd G25 won't even touch them, also, if they show they are generous, they get more people to buy their products, a bit of advertising in there too :) They also just sent me a new one and I live in SA so ye :)