We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tribute to classic Rally!

Jacob

If you love classic rally as much as I do. This video will put a smile on your face just like mine. Its a compilation of rally clips from the time where there were no stupid computer nannys, it was 4WD (and in lancia and porsches case not even that), and just outrageous amounts of power. A time where the only thing keeping you on the road a pure, raw driving talent. And yes that is a Rallying Ferrari 308 :D:D Enjoy the Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozntieZs8Bg

P.S does anyone know how to get the video to show and not the link? haven't figured that one out yet. What tags do I put around it?

Amazing. I find it ridiculous that they killed group B because the people watching it were getting injured. Looking at what nutjobs some of them were (they actually had a period where fans would try to touch a car as it went past) then all of that could have been avoided if there were just good crowd control.

It only makes me wish I was around back then to experience these things. I usually go rallying with three other people who are quite a lot older than me but it's a good laugh, they're always going on about old rallies they went to, Isle of Man, WRC/RAC, local rallies, etc. Sleeping in the back of an old Vauxhall for two days in a row just so they could be there on time for the first car. They met a fair few of the old rallyers first hand as well.

It all sounds much more fun than it is now. I'll probably sound like a scratched record because I've said it so much but the WRC is a lost cause.

National rallies are the only ones I look forward to now. A couple of years ago in February just after it had snowed, the local rally was on. Sadly someone died on that 20 minutes after I left the exact spot they died in, they came down a long straight with speed bumps in it and lost the back end on some ice, clipped the verge and flipped the car several times before the roof of the car smashed into a substantial sign.

Helping cars out of ditches in the side of the road, actually getting to meet the drivers and have a laugh with them is something I remember well about that rally. It was almost comical, one car went into a ditch, we got it out and then the next car through ended up stuck in the same place, one after another. It was damn cold but it was one of the best experiences ever.

Best thing about the national rallies though is that they are never predictable.

I agree with all of you WRC is a lost cause it's a bunch of dudes jacked up on energy drinks with 600 horsepower cars cars being less stylish and going slower then when they had 400hp. When I lived in Newfoundland they would have the Newfoundland targa rally which was a bunch of rally cars muscle cars and anything else that was fast racing around city streets, towns, and b roads. They would close the whole town for a day and tape everything up you'd be woken up at 8 in the morning because someone In a 800hp corvette blast past your house. You would set up all your chairs and stuff on the front lawn so as soon as that first car blasted by your window you were out the door and watching. Those are probally some of my best remories being 5 feet away from my favorite cars doing 200km/h past my house and after all of them past your house you jumped in your car and drove to a b road to watch them all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with all of you WRC is a lost cause it's a bunch of dudes jacked up on energy drinks with 600 horsepower cars cars being less stylish and going slower then when they had 400hp. When I lived in Newfoundland they would have the Newfoundland targa rally which was a bunch of rally cars muscle cars and anything else that was fast racing around city streets, towns, and b roads. They would close the whole town for a day and tape everything up you'd be woken up at 8 in the morning because someone In a 800hp corvette blast past your house. You would set up all your chairs and stuff on the front lawn so as soon as that first car blasted by your window you were out the door and watching. Those are probally some of my best remories being 5 feet away from my favorite cars doing 200km/h past my house and after all of them past your house you jumped in your car and drove to a b road to watch them all over again.

One of my "Bucket List" objectives is to participate in the Newfoundland Targa Rally:)

One of my "Bucket List" objectives is to participate in the Newfoundland Targa Rally:)[/QUOTe]

Same here! it was my favorite day of the year untill I moved to alberta. Now i only hear about it from cousins. It has everything you want from a rally, Twisty B-roads and country lanes, Still twisty A-roads and Twisty motorways. Yeah in newfoundland there isnt many striaghts theres almost always a turn somewhere. The 4 Cars that ended up in my front lawn can show you that. It just looks and sounds like an amazing thing to do.

I just spent 11 awesome minutes of my life and while whatching i got goose bumps

Damn, why many kids says Block & Pastrana are the best rally driver...

You got that rigth. If block or pastrana drove a group b rally car they would have a crash on the 1st corner. Nowadays the rally cars are just a 400HP computer. If kids saw Colin Mcrae and Richard Burns and Group B rally drivers, they would be amazed what thoose rally drivers do with cars from the 80's.