We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pampano Run 2011 - Epic Docmentary Coming *MAJOR UPDATE*

Nismo_dude

I am in video broadvasting, and there is a group of os who love cars, and driving fast and also own HD video cameras:D. We decided to grab a film crew and record a race: teaser to whet your mouth:thumbsup:

Stay on this thread for updates on this documentary. We begin filming in July of 2011:D

Okay guys. I should probibly explain what this is better. Me and a group of friends in video broadcasting class got to talking of doing a Top Gear style gumballish rally to Florida. There are 11 friends total. Three of us are driving*and the other 8 are the film crew. We are setting off on a 686ish mile race, but we only have 5 hours to get there. At 70 miles an hour average speed, it takes 11so as you can imagine, we will be flat out. I will answer any and all questions about this that you want to know. I also put a teaser video to get you excited, and it has a familiar tune to it :D

I am going to try to do daily or every other day updates on this so you can track the progress, but if y'all aren't intrested thats fine too lol. Anyway, I got the list of everythig we are taking and it is long lol:

2001 Honda Accord

2004 Mazda 3 (not speed3)

2002 Jeep Liberty.

2001 Chrysler Town And Country(for film crew)

1999 Mitsubishi Montero(Pajero(for film crew and luggage))

4 Sony HRV-Z7U HDV Professional Video Camcorders

7 Clip on mics

3 Tom Tom GPS systems

5 Walki Talkies

3 Chasecams for in car video

3 personal video cameras

11 people

Lots of money

Laptop so I can update when we get down there

3 police scanners

5 CB radios with police station app(one for each car.)

Spare Tires

Food for on the road(with an 11 hour drive that has to be done in 5 hours or less, you will need that:p)

Whatever else we think we need:twisted:

I didn't really make myself clear on the frind 'divisions' either lol. Three of us are driving, and the other 7, the ones who make kick ass films, are the film crew.

Sounds good, can't wait for updates :)

Neither can I. The next few months are mainly getting the Jeep diled in an tuned up, and getting all the gear together. As you cen expect Jeeps werent really designed(with the exception of the SRT8) to cruise at 120:lol:

Wow what a great idea! Nice way to get creative. Good luck:)

Thenks. It is about that time of year that the summer blues kick in, which this will defiently cure:D

sounds dangerous, i like it =)

Ha, thanks. It will be very gumball 3000 style. We are going to try to do our cars up and everything:D.

I also have an update:

Got a call from one of the guys going. All of the police scanning equipment came in and the CB radios are coming in sometime next week. Also the final route has been set. We are going through downtown Atlanta, throuch Macon and Valdousta. Then we are going through Orlando and to Pompano beach. The film crew has also added a one car. A v-dub Routon:bananadance:

Looks fun, should make for good viewing. :)

That's the idea :D. Good viewing and a good time lol

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see it. Such a long time to wait though :(

Yea I know, but we need to get all the supplies and that will give is a chance to get to used to our cars at higher speeds:thumbsup:

Also, I may ned to improve the cooling system on my Jeep, idk if it can handle the speed without overheating, also, I want to get an Aero Turbine exhaust for it before the run so it will sound like this:

I hope he doesn't blow his engine with that. 378 is a hell of a lot for the 3. Mine only has 107. :lol:

Ha, he won't tell me what else he has done to it but i suspect he had to have done to the cooling system if he wants to keep that thing from overheaating.

Maybe try and go to local exotic car meets and try and get a few of them to tag along, telling them its a school project will probably help them decide to come.. just a suggestion.

That is a great idea. The local club does have a 722 and Veyron in it....i has ideas

This Sounds like sooooo much fun. hope you Dont get caught to many times ;) even with the scanners. Hopefully I could do something like this some day.

Yea, i doubt we really wlll. If things get hairy, i have a jeep, so it can cut cross country if need be:D

There now your talking!:thumbsup:

I will have to see if I can figure out where their meets are. Thetvalso have a red and white 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo GT3 RS in i(saw your sig:cheeky:).

Also, a sad day for me. I got a call from the Mazda owner, he went fishing this afternoon and parked his car on a hill and forgot to put the e-brake on. Down the hill the car went and it now sits at the bottom of Lake Lanier. If you wabtva free twin turbo Mazda 3, head on down but sting a crane and scuba gear:D

Well Jake(the mazda owner) has gotton his new car. He has inherited his GRANDMOTHERS old Prius:crackup:. He claims, and I quote from a text message, "Don't laugh dude, this thing is more powerful then any other prius on the road. I put a K&N Drop in Air Intake."

More updates to come:D

• 1 month later...

It's been too long without an update so let me fill you in on what has happened. I had arranged for a Ferrari F355 and Lambo Gallardo SE owner to run with us but they both dropped out. Also both of the other guys doing it with me stopes out, took the camera crew and got a refund (of 4,000 bucks), and sold all the equipment(around 8,000 bucks worth of gear) and bough himself a used lexas LS400. the run is still going to happen, but it has just changed to a personal challange, that also has to be filmed by me lol

It's been too long without an update so let me fill you in on what has happened. I had arranged for a Ferrari F355 and Lambo Gallardo SE owner to run with us but they both dropped out. Also both of the other guys doing it with me stopes out, took the camera crew and got a refund (of 4,000 bucks), and sold all the equipment(around 8,000 bucks worth of gear) and bough himself a used lexas LS400. the run is still going to happen, but it has just changed to a personal challange, that also has to be filmed by me lol

So you're doing it yourself? That sucks! :( I really hope you find some new guys who will stick with you! :) Best of luck!