We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear: Star in a Reasonably Priced Car 1

T1M

Well, after a success on the voting poll, I thought i'd start the first round now!

This competition is based on the popular TV show Top Gear, where celebrity guests take part in driving around the Top Gear Test Track in a pretty bad car, as I'm sure you all know. The idea of this is purely for fun and a little competition, comparing times and trying to push the car as fast as physics allows. There really is no point cheating unless you're sad, sorry to say but it's only fun and defeats the point of enjoying it if you cheat, I'm sure no one would but just a reminder if you would consider it.

On with the competition! First up, the rules of this competition.

Rules

1. The car used in this competition must be the same for everyone, the car must be taken from the Arcade Mode list of cars. Using a modified car from GT Mode is disallowed.

2. The car must be set up in the exact same way to as listed (see later on in post) with no changes other than transmission. This should make it all equal.

3. Any Invalidated Laps (where the timer turns red) must not be counted and posted. This could be counted as cheating. I'm sure you could do better learning from your mistakes and doing it properly.

4. You may not make any setup changes before the race, I doubt there is much to be done but if there is, you must leave it to make it equal.

5. All laps must be taken from a rolling start, I know this isn't ideal however there is very little accuracy with standing starts currently. This may change at somepoint.

6. For now, you can pretty much do as many practice laps as you like, but I doubt you'd want to do too many, the car can't be that hard to get a hang of.

7. You must state which transmission you used for your lap in your post. If you have any problems, say in your post.

8. If you wish to update your time after you have posted your original time, you may just edit the original post with your updated time.

They are pretty basic rules that should be easy to stick by, and some of these may change at somepoint, this first week is just the start, and a chance to check if the rules work or need to be updated. The idea Calster had of going online and watching the other person do their lap is a good idea, however i'm not completely sure how to fool-proof it yet or how it would work properly for both players, maybe I could speak with him to collect more suggestions about the idea.

The Setup

The setup must be matched to ensure all cars are equal to drive.

Transmission: Automatic (AT) OR Manual (MT)

Front Tyres: Sports Soft

Rear Tyres: Sports Soft

Driving Line: Off

Traction Control: Off

Skid Recovery Force: Off

Active Steering: Off

Active Stability Management (ASM): Off

ABS: 1

Grip Reduction: Low

The reason Transmission can be changed is purely drivers choice, I know some people may not be too good with Manual gearbox so they can use auto aswell, though those who feel they can get more out of the car can use manual. You must state which transmission you used when posting however.

Posting

How to post your time: You must place your PSN ID along with your time in minutes alongside. Then, next to this, you must post your transmission type. As an option, you can post a picture of the lap if you wish. At the end of the week, the results will be collected and the winner posted.

Example: B1LL99 | 1:37.743 - Automatic (AT)

Prizes

I have not decided on a definite prize as of yet, but I may decide on giving the winner a car. You never know. ;) The winner may also get to choose the car for the following week (from Arcade Mode cars only).

Car

The bit i'm sure you've all been waiting for, the car to use for this challenge! It was a tough choice, sort of, I wanted to pick a car that was slow enough, yet cheap enough, but still had a bit of power to it. And the car is... *drumroll*

Honda CR-Z '10

_smaller.jpg

I picked this because it suits most of the above reasons. It's cheap compared to most other cars. :p

Good luck!

Results:

1. gsto2 | 1:27.464 | Manual (MT)

2. Ryzza5 | 1:27.853 | Manual (MT)

3. Mellors92 | 1:27.855 | Manual (MT)

4. djdan90 | 1:28.254 | Manual (MT)

5. ShadowGT-R | 1:28:912 | Automatic (AT)

6. T3hReaper91 | 1:29.094 | Automatic (AT)

7. T1M670 | 1:29.999 | Automatic (AT)

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/LP670-4_SV/LapboardFill.jpg

Note: I've attatched a small guide on how to unlock the TG Test Track in Arcade mode if you are stuck, I doubt you are but it is there.

Thanks Ryzza for putting them in order, I wondered why they all happened to be in order. xD

Looks like I have to try and get Gold in that VW Kombi race first (2 laps is too short imho - I'll work something out) :)

You need gold to unlock the TG track in arcade? Damn, I hated that one. :mad: Seems like a cool idea, SV! I'll try to post something when I get the chance to start up GT5 again. :)

-Leadfoot