We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ken's Gran Turismo Photography

Ken

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one[/url]

How in the hell did you get that effect??

Lots of experimenting with colors, a gradient layer, cool colored photo filters, lens flares, and the particles in the air is actually a high resolution photo of stars set in a certain overlay. ;)

Shpanks. :D

6923612882_bbecf10753_c.jpg

7069692603_ac90b83c36_c.jpg

7069692229_e6ffa3941f_c.jpg

7069691835_b59856768b_c.jpg

7069691495_b4df652652_c.jpg

And some before and after to perhaps maybe make you see or figure out the things I've done.

I've used brown or brown/gold gradient layer and set it between 20%-40% opacity and used different types of layer formats like vivid light, soft light, overlay, screen etc. I also used 105mm lens flare and omni light rendering. Also desaturated the original picture by about half and added some warm photo filter as well as a mix of cyan/green filter to the warm filter. Them did some light exposure editing, sharpen, brightness and contrast, and did some star picture overlay. I hope this gives you some ideas, hints and clues as to what I did. It's pretty much just experimenting is what I've been doing. Hope you get all this, have fun. :lol:

You can try this one, but I suggest to get rid of the square part on the upper left corner.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0903/m46n2438_ritter.jpg

Also, I tend to use something along the lines of color dodge, vivid light or whatever layer settings so that all you see is just the white speckles and the black background gone. And I use the eraser tool on about 40% opacity with a high feathering setting. Not only that, but if you see any stars that have more brightness as in you see it look more like a diamond I erase those completely.