We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Black Ops

randomsox10

This.

Call of Duty was ruined by it's own community, oddly.

i would agree with this. because in MW2 you had Danger Close(extra explosive damage) and One Man Army and you would have bsically unlimited explosives

I played it for 3 or 4 weeks when it was released but got fed up of kids yelling, team killing and generally being ass hats all of the time. Fallout is where it's at. :p

thee team killing part i can fix. dont play hardcore:D as for the rest i usually roll in XBOX live party or mute people if they really annoy me. plus, why do 5 year old kids have this game in the first place? if your a teen i couldn't care less but if you cant say the entire alphabet then you cant play this game

• 2 months later...

I play Black Ops :P Got the map packs and love it. I never really brought and kept the other call of duty's for long. MW2 I sold after a few weeks as I got bored of online and wanted a game with a good story. All I play is TDU2/Black Ops :P Just rented Shift 2 but wont be buying.

• 4 months later...

As far as Call of Duty goes, 4 was the highlight of the series, however it sparked their wave of bad IW4-engine shooters, effectively killing the series by IW/Treyarch trying to mimic Call of Duty 4's greatness. BF3>BC2>COD4>Every other CoD, including (from what I've seen) MW3. Call of Duty has been killed off by its own fans, who have no standards as to what a game should be other than "Call of Duty" on the box. Don't get me started on the breed of "gamers" who only play CoD and Madden games... :mad: /rant

As far as Call of Duty goes, 4 was the highlight of the series, however it sparked their wave of bad IW4-engine shooters, effectively killing the series by IW/Treyarch trying to mimic Call of Duty 4's greatness. BF3>BC2>COD4>Every other CoD, including (from what I've seen) MW3. Call of Duty has been killed off by its own fans, who have no standards as to what a game should be other than "Call of Duty" on the box. Don't get me started on the breed of "gamers" who only play CoD and Madden games... :mad: /rant

Agreed. Even both CoD developers themselves have been using variations of the same engine (or, at the very least, trying to make everything behave like CoD 4 because they're afraid to change the formula). As for the whole BF3 vs. BF2 thing, the third installment has quite a high standard to reach. :)

-Leadfoot

;428394']Agreed. Even both CoD developers themselves have been using variations of the same engine (or, at the very least, trying to make everything behave like CoD 4 because they're afraid to change the formula). As for the whole BF3 vs. BF2 thing, the third installment has quite a high standard to reach. :)

-Leadfoot

And from what I've played of it, it's easily reached that standard.