We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2's First 10 Minutes of Hell

Elder_of_Lyons

Btw, are the dealerships etc in the same sort of places? Like the houses and clothes shops too, same locations as "old" Oahu? Just wondered that for a while now:P

Some yes, some no. The Ferrari dealer by the infamous "Strip" remains, whilst the Ford and Mercedes dealers have gone elsewhere. The VW dealer is still a dealer but not VW, can't remember what it is. The "Deluxe Paint Shop" is gone, the diners seem to remain but have no purpose. I think the Lambo dealer is still there, but now an empty dead showroom.. :'(

The rest I haven't found or checked.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say Lambo dealer, does it include signing that states it is Lambo, cos if the badge is in the game.... ;p I think you know where i think this is going.

Twice as big as Ibiza I assume? Twice the size of old Oahu would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge :P

I appreciate that, it's just a shame.. I already spent 3 years there.

When you say Lambo dealer, does it include signing that states it is Lambo, cos if the badge is in the game.... ;p I think you know where i think this is going.

Nah it's blank, there is Lambo wheels in the tuner though but someone has cleverly blurred the badge out.

Better than I could have ever wished for tbh pal, things have sort of worked themselves out over the years and it's sorta stabilising now ;P

I definitely smoke too much though.. ;P

Yourself? Last I heard you was getting a contract to skate?

Excellent, glad to hear mate, yeah i'm guilty of the smoking too, need to pack it in really!

No, no contract for me unfortunately, still skating though, nearly 11 years haha, it hurts to much now and i cant risk it because of my job, self employed and all that.

How hard can it be for them to add options and other things that were available in TDU1? This is awfull because I can't post in the official forums and most people don't seem to care about this at all. I just want TDU2 to have the Seat Position, Shake Camera, Blur Effect, Create Playlist, Chronopack and better sense of acceleration.

I can't help but feeling, that TDU2 fails at the easiest things in the game. How can they create two massive islands, great graphics and great cars and then fail so miserably at sounds effects, visual effects and options? How hard can it be to add some more sound effects and some NFS Shift style visual effects?

If I had to choose one thing to be back from TDU1, it would definitely be the Shake Camera. Its awfull to be driving at 250kmp\h and the cars don't tremble, and I wouldn't be mad if it was something the first TDU didn't have, but it did! This is awfully annoying for me! I mean, doesn't anyone care about this, doesn't anyone care about sense of speed, and I don't mean you guys here at TDUcentral, I mean developers and players overall. I think that sense of speed is the thing that is more unrealistic in videogames, and NFS Shift could nail it very well with a bunch of cheap camera effects, so how hard is it to make things look more real, to give some emotion and some realism to driving in games?

LMFAO.

TDU was never "all about driving", it was about the lifestyle. I think they wanted to include all this stuff into the first part but they couldn't so they put that stuff onto the sequel when the technology had evolved enough. TDU1 does have this avatar stuff, clothing and buying houses. This time they just took it further. If this stuff would have been in the first part, wouldn't you have enjoyed it?

Actually, after reading your retarded post, I think you wouldn't

Mhmm. So people are buying the game because they TOTALLY want to simulate a mid-20's, self adsorbed, trendy douchebag and NOT because 95% of the game content focuses on driving cars? News to me.

My initial reaction, during the "party" intro to TDU2, was to madly hit keys to try and skip the horrible sequence. That's just me though.

Subjective opinion : I would have preferred if they simply dropped the shallow attempts at modeling social BS in the game. The handling\physics and sound implementation in TDU2 is atrocious and I can't help but think that the game would have been far better had development time been focused solely on cars, police interaction and illegal street races rather than a weak storyline, horrid characters and social padding that simply bogs down the game.

Mhmm. So people are buying the game because they TOTALLY want to simulate a mid-20's, self adsorbed, trendy douchebag and NOT because 95% of the game content focuses on driving cars? News to me.

My initial reaction, during the "party" intro to TDU2, was to madly hit keys to try and skip the horrible sequence. That's just me though.

Subjective opinion : I would have preferred if they simply dropped the shallow attempts at modeling social BS in the game. The handling\physics and sound implementation in TDU2 is atrocious and I can't help but think that the game would have been far better had development time been focused solely on cars, police interaction and illegal street races rather than a weak storyline, horrid characters and social padding that simply bogs down the game.

You are A B S O L U T E L Y right! Do I wanna beat Miami Harris in a massively dropping frame rate race with a car that sounds like a windows 95 *.midi and that even though I am speeding through a city main street seems like I am cruising at 50kmp/h? NO! Do I wanna go back to an Oahu that is horrible compared to Ibiza and get so mad at the stupid car physics that I want to crack TDU2's developers skulls open? NO! Online and two massive islands will always be the excuse, well I'd rather have half an Ibiza and some good physics, good engine sounds and less anoying frame rate.

Today I went to Oahu and I took the Asphalt Licenses, the super sports car physics are only comparable to Juiced 2, the textures are a disgrace, the colour palette is childish and unreal, the engine sounds are terrible and driving at 300kmp\h was so bad that I got sleepy. Every sane player will take his hands to his head and say "Why did I buy this game!" when you get to the test where you drive a Dodge Viper in a Racing Track.

Five years later wee see a game that is doubled in size, but cut in a half in fun and emotion!

Its with great, great sadness that I must admit that TDU2 is a failure.

Today I went to Oahu and I took the Asphalt Licenses, the super sports car physics are only comparable to Juiced 2, the textures are a disgrace, the colour palette is childish and unreal, the engine sounds are terrible and driving at 300kmp\h was so bad that I got sleepy. Every sane player will take his hands to his head and say "Why did I buy this game!" when you get to the test where you drive a Dodge Viper in a Racing Track.

I can cope with subpar graphics so long as the underlying game is entertaining and fun to play. I still play games that are 10+ years old because I enjoy the core gameplay.

With that in mind, I could excuse the lackluster graphics, poor sound, lack of ambient life on the island (no people on the streets, hardly any traffic), unrealistic police (NO option for traffic violations in a game that revolves entirely around racing high performance cars on PUBLIC ROADS), the list goes on, if only the handling system was engaging and fun to play with. Instead, it's almost as if the handling code was hastily slapped on as an afterthought once they finished adding all the extra features which are not core to the experience of driving cars.

Its all doom and gloom with you two hey? i think your expectations were too high..

Or Eden set the bar too low, based on similar driving games which are technically superior in almost every way to TDU2. That and my own personal opinion which, as I said, is entirely subjective.

I honestly see nothing redeemable in the game, nothing that compels me to play it nor are there any hints that the game is going to improve with play. I'm not going to butter up my opinion and pretend the game is good when I personally think it's abhorrent, especially when I've dished out a decent amount of money for it.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Hamann, it's not our expectation. They made a worse game than the first one. How is that physically possible? They couldn't even use the old cars they had in the old one.

I think what our problem is that, we modded our tdu so great, that it's actually better than the new 1.