We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anyone getting frame skipping?

lemans23

Hey all, I've been playing TDU2 since the 8th (I think I'm level 17 or 18 now), and it was working buttery smooth in all conditions: cities, weather, night, races, whatever. Now, however, it's as though my framerates have plummeted significantly (seemed to start as soon as I hit level 15). I'm running at 1920x1080, everything maxed but AA (set to 2x, doesn't make much difference). Relevant rig specs:

Vista Ultimate x64

GTX 480 Superclocked (1/18/2011 driver update)

6GB Corsair Dominator RAM

i7 920 CPU

Ideas? Even turning everything down makes zero difference whatsoever, and if I can play Metro 2033 maxed out without a hitch, I'm pretty sure that this game shouldn't magically become a hog as soon as you reach a certain level...

Mine's still fine at level 20, except for when I'm recording in FRAPS and in a city.

Is it still laggy when you turn off 'online interactions' - TDU1 would sometimes manifest game lag when the problem was really internet lag (possibly on someone else's end). Problems can also be caused by new programs, antivirus, updates, drivers, etc. It at least gives you a few things to check anyway.

I haven't used Winamp since high school, so that's not the problem there. Nothing new was installed: I was driving my R8, talking to somebody from Russia in a Koenigsegg, then the next time I started the game it was all jittery. I will try the online interactions thing though. How do I access that option in game? I can't seem to find it :(

Turned off online interactions: no dice. THe game is still very much playable, but it was silky smooth before and now it's not. Interestingly enough, my card doesn't even get as hot now. It used to run into the 90s, but now it's only getting into the 80s and GPU usage is around 50-60% whereas it was in the 90s beforehand. Wonder if they're related...

If the graphics card isn't working as hard, then your graphics quality obviously isn't going to be as nice. Did you recently install Windows Update (sometimes includes graphics driver updates if you tick everything without checking).

If you save everything you download, you could uninstall the graphics drivers, reboot, then install them again and reboot.

I get the same thing, and I'm lead to believe it was a GAME update.

Before I got the new patch, I noticed one time, when opening TDU2, my file checker downloaded a very small file.

After that, it seems the game skips ahead a few frames here n there.

Same thing, playable, but was definately smoother.

I have not had any new updates to my system before this happened.

I actually AFTERWORDS updated my ati drivers, hoping maybe they'd help, but the game still seems to skip a little, more so when my avatar's head moves when you turn your car.

:confused:

Runs OK for me, smooth as silk out of the cities, go in to a city and the FPS drops to 30-40 and I can tell, but other than that and the occasional stutter when I get connected to someone laggy it's fine.

I did just get a stupid amount of slow down when I went to enter a club though. Clicked to enter it from the map, FPS took a nose dive, probably 10 at most and the sound became distorted as well, then the screen went blank. Instant thought was "Oh no, ATI drivers" because my mouse cursor looked like it was doing 10fps on the desktop after I'd ALT + TABd, then TDU2 came back up but the screen was still blank. Then I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete and waited 10 seconds, Task Manager came up, decided to see if TDU2 was still going to brought it back up and I was back in the club with normal FPS again.