We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Season 16 Discussion Thread

T0M722

Hey I know the season's probably half over by now but it's just a thread for discussion of pre and post show. Post up your thoughts and ideas.

I've only had time now to get and watch last Sunday's episode tonight :P

Also, I just wanted to say that I wish they'd do another race! Like Veyron and plane to the UK or SLR and boat or whatever it was to Verbier. Those were absolutely fantastic! ;)

I was watching Clarkson "Unleashed on Cars" (1996) and was thinking they should do a piece where they compare the cars they own now to the ones they owned 15 years ago. Back then JC talked about how the Ferrari 355 was the best car in the world, etc. Compare that to what he has now (the Lambo Spyder or CLK Black (I can't remember/keep up).

The series has been good so far.

Episode 5 was the best and funniest I've seen in a long time. Loved it!

I properly laughed nearly 10 times!

Amber Heard is one of the best guest they've had and played Clarksons 'game' very well.

Shame she didn't do too well on the track though.

Best one of the season... and the best one for quite a few seasons imo.

:p

I found the Amber Heard interview quite cringe-worthy to be honest, don't really know why, but I did. Another week where Clarkson uses 10-20 minutes to review a car that no-one will buy unless they've got more money than sense.

I only really found the end of the Combine-Harvester-Snow-Plough segment worth watching. Clarkson's way of measuring the depth of snow was priceless. They set fire to a Golf though so that deducts more points again in my books :p

I found the Amber Heard interview quite cringe-worthy to be honest,

Thats why it was funny/great though. if you ever listen to anyone being chatted up its always worthy of a vomit or three.

Plus I'd had at least 2 double G&T's by then, which might have affected my judgement a mite... its at least 3 now... :rolleyes:

I only really found the end of the Combine-Harvester-Snow-Plough segment worth watching. Clarkson's way of measuring the depth of snow was priceless. They set fire to a Golf though so that deducts more points again in my books :p

+1, I missed the show, but I did catch up on iPlayer last week seriously when he jumped into the snow, i paused and laughed so hard omg :D Priceless!

I missed most of the F40/959 segment. Seems to be a common theme for me this series, I can't get my Top Gear snacks ready in time for when the show starts so I always miss the first 5-10 minutes.

I think I need to stop watching Star In a Reasonably Priced Car as well. I found that quite annoying/weird to watch this week after last weeks cringe-worthy-ness.

The Moon-Buggy segment felt like it needed to be featured in one of James May's documentary programs rather than Top Gear. Can't remember what they're called but they're on Dave all the time, lol.

Meh, wasn't that impressed by this series if i'm honest, not enough races (like veyrons against trains and stuff) and crazy roadtrips. Also the cheap car challenge was pretty boring due to them all buying the same car, would have been better if they actually did it properly and bought different cars.

Oh and that fat twat who was on star in a reasonably priced cars needs to die, I want to punch him in the face.