We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New patch?

eXile

Was racing a minute ago and the game suddenly crashed just after I bought my 458 Italia. Thought it was just an ordinary crash but then started updating the TDU2.exe and so on so I thought hmmm new patch ?

Build version is different too now.

Can anybody confirm this is official or ?

Thanks

EDIT: TDU servers seem to be down too.

I have no idea, but I just wanted to tell you that your signature is immense.

Is this aimed at me? If so thank you (:

And as for FPS, I have increased FPS in the cities for some reason :/ Game seems to run a bit smoother, and connections still get all weird after a while.

And to all those who couldn't/can't connect to TDU Servers, it is because you need a wait a bit. I couldn't get on for an hour after the "patch".

No idea why or what the reason of the patch was in the first place. Tons of more things needed improving than what I currently see has been done :/

Ah atari...

Is this aimed at me? If so thank you (:

And as for FPS, I have increased FPS in the cities for some reason :/ Game seems to run a bit smoother, and connections still get all weird after a while.

And to all those who couldn't/can't connect to TDU Servers, it is because you need a wait a bit. I couldn't get on for an hour after the "patch".

No idea why or what the reason of the patch was in the first place. Tons of more things needed improving than what I currently see has been done :/

Ah atari...

the game was patched on your end and the server was patched aswell. We don't get the list of things that got patched on the server since its secret stuff regarding security and so on. But from what GMDestra said before, changes on the server were made to increase their reliability and connection stability, so with it, they could adress the rest of the problems more easily. Also they seem be increasing the amount of servers.

From my perspective, addressing the connection issues is by far the most important task, as without server connection, you can't play the game on the pc version. And with people not being able to play, you not only very angry costumers but also no feedback on what needs to be fixed.

I must say at least that after the patch, I've been able to log on more easily (sometimes instantly, which is good). And according to their forums, they'll keep working on whatever needs fixing.

You do have a point there and maybe you are benefiting from it, but all I am getting is 5 at most more fps in cities and connections are erm... well pretty much the same as before. No notice of any changes for me :/ I still get dropped for no reason out of a cruise or something.

I suggest you take a look here Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums - View Single Post - PC - Open Issues and Service Status

We have been very happy with the results of the recent patch, and will be pushing another patch tonight at 1AM PST (0900 GMT) which contains the following improvements:

* Friends list should no longer disappear

* Friend invites should consistently work

* Club issue should be fixed, Clubs should go live some time after the patch is released

* Further enhancements to prevent file corruption

* Additional back-end functionality to recover previously corrupted save files

The servers will be offline for one hour, starting at 1AM PST (0900 GMT).

The servers should be back now I think.

I read somewhere you go to your house, open your friends list and click "invite" on whoever you want to invite. Don't know for sure, haven't tried it.

Just noticed there are a lot of "should" in that list. :hmmm:

inviting friends to your house worked before the patch already, and yes, its exactly like you described. Go to your house, open the friend list and select invite. But to keep your friend in the house, you should stay inside aswell, once you leave he gets kicked out.