We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 Updates and Discussion - Release October 19th 2012

CLR-GTR

Yes, after Euro Truck Simulator spawned relatives German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator, it's now time to move on to ETS2. The game basically will continue with what players had to do in ETS, but many things get improved like better graphics, the largest trucking-game world they ever made, more customization options, and they're busy working on trucks with more than one steered axle, and cab suspensions! A very interesting game for the trucklovers since this gameseries is about the best you'll get when looking for trucksims. They also are really working on getting in contact with real truck brands to get licenses for the real trucks like Mercedes, Volvo, Scania and Renault, but as they are a very small company they can not assure yet they will actually get the licenses.

SCS Software is developing the game and on their blog they will be posting updates on the game's progress and other items (do note they will also post more general stuff and stuff about other games such as Extreme Trucker 2). Visit their blog for screenshots and info on the game

SCS Software's blog

UPDATE #1 25/10/2011

Euro Truck Simulator was created by SCS Software and it is their best selling game to date. Euro Truck Simulator's younger brothers, German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator. They have been very popular in the countries they have been based around. SCS Software came to the decision about a year and a half ago to start work on what they call 'Euro Truck Simulator 2', they then launched their official blog page which you can visit HERE. For all the blog posts, you can find them in the archive located on the right-hand-side of your screen. The blogs are in date order. But, this topic is for us to share the latest updates. So, let's get the ball rolling.

Night Driving

We are thinking of making the night in Euro Truck Simulator 2 much darker than in any of our previous games. 
In the previous games, we had to make a compromise and make sure that the ambient light at night was still 
strong enough for the player to be able to make out his surroundings. With ETS2, our new "true" projected 
lights in the 3D engine allow us to emulate the light conditions at night much better, without making the game 
borderline unplayable.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool - Baldy will be excited.

I've played ETS and enjoyed the G25 and TrackIR support, but the game got boring after I made my 2nd delivery :)

Like the game. Lacking a steering wheel, I control my truck with the mouse. Awesome!

Hope this one has mouse support, and multiplayer. Also I think trucks from Merc are confirmed or something. Remember seeing screen shots of some.

Also I think trucks from Merc are confirmed or something. Remember seeing screen shots of some.

They've been showing screenshots of four brands of trucks and they haven't confirmed anything yet about either of them being 100% certain in the game. ;)

I just hope it's not going to be just a hole that you have to drive through to get to Eastern Europe. :(

This. Well, I hope they'll do something with maps. There were only highways and Prague, Berlin etc. with two roundabouts and five streets. I'm interested in it!

The best thing about this game is, that SCS is CZECH company! :bananadance:

• 2 weeks later...

Just like many TDU2 stuff, ETS 2 is a looooong way from release. It is known that it will contain lots of features, but we have to wait a long time. So what does SCS, developer with little staff and money, do?

They release a smaller version as preview! It's gonna be called Trucks and Trailers, will be sold at a much cheaper price than, and well ahead of, ETS2, and will feature both old stuff from earlier games as new stuff that will make it to ETS2, like features, models etc

Read more here:

SCS Software's blog: Trucks & Trailers

Also, it has been said they have planned to make fully animated railroad crossings in ETS2 with trains passing by and bars going up and down when it passes. See the screenshot here:

SCS Software's blog: Pictures taken along the way to Praha

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

great to hear that from you iLL! I have ETS,GTS,UKTS. When I bought that games I saw that I really love trucks and now I cant wait for ETS2!!!!

There is more info at eurotrucksimulator2.pl which as you can see its in polish but you can use google translate ;) (I didnt need to because Im polish)!

• 1 month later...

The blog of ETS2 celebrates its one year anniversary today, HOORAY!!!!!

The devs used the opportunity to inform readers on the release date. All I can say is...... I truly wish more devs were like this.

This blog was born a year ago! We would like to thank you for your patience, loyalty, and for the many intelligent comments providing important feedback to us.

Perhaps it's time to answer one frequently asked question, it may help a bit cutting down the amount of spam in blog comments.

We are still not sure when the game will come out. Definitely not in 2011 though.

Why? We are committed to quality, not to particular release date.

We understand that many of you will not be happy about the game taking so long to be developed. Our publishing partners are not taking this easy as well. We are not happy about our own performance either - to put it mildly. Taking so long comes with big costs, literally. The amount of time (and as a result, money) we have already sunk into development is putting us into very dangerous position - we may not ever be able to get the development costs back from the sales. Truck sim genre is really a small niche of the games market, the PC games and "big" games in general are in decline overall with the mobile/tablet gaming revolution, too. We are afraid that no matter how good a game we may be able to develop, the sales will still be worse than ETS1 sales. We will be at the mercy of truck games fans to realize this and judge the result of our hard work - they will vote with their wallet to decide whether we survive past ETS2 release.

So you can imagine that we really try as hard as possible to get the game finished, we don't want it to be our swan song. The game has already been delayed several times; we planned to have it done faster, but our ambitions were probably a bit higher than they should had been when we started - all the massive upgrades planned for game visuals, for physics, for richer world, for the AI, for deeper gameplay... it turns out that with the quality bar we had set for ourselves, it's more work than we anticipated. We keep sinking every single cent that we have earned from our older games during the last 2 years into the game's development. We really appreciate that even though our back-catalogue games are getting older, there are still some people out there who are buying them. This is basically our life line now.

Will all the hard work and the long wait be worth it? We still strongly believe so. Euro Trucks Simulator 2 will not be the next best thing since sliced bread, after all it's just a small game (with our team's size about 5% or less compared to AAA driving games like Gran Turismo, Forza or Need for Speed, we cannot do miracles), but it will be by far the best truck sim game we have ever created.