We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Inside Sim Racing (SRT) reviews TDU2

Ryzza5

• 3 months later...
...What was our bias ?? We like good racing games' date=' not ones that are poorly done ? [/quote']

I my opinion: ISR has an affinity toward pure racing games and those racers that leave you no real choice but to race. Neither TDU nor TDU 2 fit those molds, by design, but ISR judged TDU 2 by those measures. Atari/Eden dared to be different and made two "racers" that "march by the beat of a different drummer." ISR, with extreme prejudice, tore apart TDU 2 and shined the most negative light on a product, reviewed it based on its bugs and weakness and dismissed its strengths.

CloudFlare | Error

reviewed it based on its bugs and weakness and dismissed its strengths.

Who can blame them? - if I spend $75 on a game, I expect it to be well tested, bug free (or at least have the bugs fixed within ~2 weeks), and to be better than the previous version.

You can't give a game a good review just because the concept behind it is good.

As for ISR's affinity towards pure racing games, they're called Inside Sim Racing for a reason ;)

As for ISR's affinity towards pure racing games, they're called Inside Sim Racing for a reason

Well they should not have reviewed TDU 2 at all then. What people choice to spend on a game is thier responsibility. I'm not talking about piracy, just choose to buy the game when the price drops to what they consider proper.

I don't understand what your problem is with this? If you believe that most sim racers would not be interested in TDU2 in the first place, then what harm have ISN done by reviewing it? If some sim racers were curious, they would've found out one way or another.

I'm glad you enjoy the game, but your posts make you appear to be wearing 'rose-tinted glasses', as the saying goes. If the devs fix up the game, I'll order a pair for myself :p

I don't understand what your problem is with this? If you believe that most sim racers would not be interested in TDU2 in the first place, then what harm have ISN done by reviewing it? If some sim racers were curious, they would've found out one way or another.

I'm glad you enjoy the game, but your posts make you appear to be wearing 'rose-tinted glasses', as the saying goes. If the devs fix up the game, I'll order a pair for myself :p

My point being, if ISR was not going to judge TDU 2 fairly then they should not have reviewed it all. If ISR would not have reviewed the game, that would have been a clue to the hard core sim racing fans, maybe this is not the game for you all.

You being a mod of a TDU franchise fansite; or are you, because you are confusing me?... Make no mistake about, I'm not lost on the problems and some bad concert implementation that when into TDU 2, I'm just a recovering NFS-aholic. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of what a racing/car game franchise is. The NFS franchise is "bulletproof". No matter how much EA refuses to give the NFS fans the game they really want, a TDU 2 with NFS in its' title. And no matter how many "rejects" sold on advertising, false promises, and BS that EA churn out year after year, in the eyes of the game reviews and like, it gets a "pass". TDU franchise is not "favored", on its merits and strong support of its fans is why it exist and will continue, hopefully. TDU franchise give more of what we want than any NFS i've ever played, NFS Underground 2 is the only close. So yes, it's fair to say I have on "Rose-colored Shades", because if TDU franchise is going to survive, we(the fans) are going to have to make it happen. I believe it's worth it.