We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Inside Sim Racing (SRT) reviews TDU2

Ryzza5

I wasn't expecting high praise since these guys are mainly about sims. Tom was probably the best person to review this title from the team since he also likes his fair share of arcade stuff as well.

his points were fair but a 5/10 did seem a bit harsh. also, I think some of the problem may have been the fanatec, when the guy did the previews, he said the G25 was much better for the game, as the fanatec felt strange.

I wonder if eden is working on improving teh handling, as almost everyone has said it's the game's biggest bugbear

never tried a g25 in tdu 2 as i dont have one, but fanatec wheels feel great, not with tdu 2 tho, its always loosing its force feedback, but only on the game, appart from that its ok.

but on tdu 1, i had the pleasure of testing a G27, and as soon as i returned home, my thoughts were, thank god i went for fanatec, although the g27 was pretty good, but imho, it lacks a bit of realism !

his points were fair but a 5/10 did seem a bit harsh. also, I think some of the problem may have been the fanatec, when the guy did the previews, he said the G25 was much better for the game, as the fanatec felt strange.

I wonder if eden is working on improving teh handling, as almost everyone has said it's the game's biggest bugbear

but don't forget he missed to tell quite a few bugs along side that. The g25 is better in moving the avatar around not in driving.

You can't take much of what these clowns say too seriously anyways. They basically praise whatever is given to them free. Darin Gangi also recently said that sim racers were "nobodys" and has a history of thinking his little webcam show is real and he's some kind of celebrity.

What they have to say about anything really is pretty much meaningless.

I've seen the reviews that you're probably referring to and understand what you're getting at, but he's still got to show some respect to the developers, some whom they have person aquaintences here. If one of our forum buddies released a TDU1 mod that we didn't like, I'm sure we wouldn't go calling it rubbish, etc :)

You can tell if a game is good or bad even if the reviewers are being polite - which is the main thing that counts. :p

You can't take much of what these clowns say too seriously anyways. They basically praise whatever is given to them free. Darin Gangi also recently said that sim racers were "nobodys" and has a history of thinking his little webcam show is real and he's some kind of celebrity.

What they have to say about anything really is pretty much meaningless.

I agree. When the reviewer said "GTA4 was better for driving around on an open map". I knew the whole review was biased BS. GTA4, to my knowledge has terrible physics. vehicles only go about half the real speed, stop on a dime, and have no cockpit view.:mad:

I refuse to watch their stuff as it reminded me of all the stupid auto related 'reality shows' we have here and how they spend a half hour to give you three minutes of 'information' which is after all is said and done only their opinion. The fact that Gangi has nothing but disdain for the very audience he is catering to and the people that actually (naively) support him merely seals that deal for me.

I try to warn new simracers about these people as they see it and think they're "knowledgeable"and "experts" and don't realise they're just a couple clowns in Mommys basement with a webcam. At least the fat Dutchkid was entertaining!!

If I want to know something about a product, I go somewhere where I will get a HONEST and REAL and INFORMED opinion, like here, or for sim racing places like NoGrip, VirtualR, Twip, the various 'Budes, Simracing UK, and others I'm sure I left out. At least I know they aren't going to go on about how great a product is beccause it's one of their sponsors and they got it free. ISR sounds a Hell of a lot like a NASCAR driver sometimes. haha.

I agree. When the reviewer said "GTA4 was better for driving around on an open map". I knew the whole review was biased BS. GTA4, to my knowledge has terrible physics. vehicles only go about half the real speed, stop on a dime, and have no cockpit view.:mad:

you're quite wrong there, the cars may have limited top speed but the 'rage' engine is one of the few realistic game engines out there.