We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mb's 106 S2 Rallye.

Mb

No powersteering ftw! I've drove cars like that... it's heavy, then just use both arms and all will be fine. Lol

i can't imagine driving my car with powersteering...

the oldest car i ever had which is the M3 and the cheapest car i ever had the Polo they both had Powersteering and i cant think of driving without it..

guess i'll have to try it soon

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't imagine driving my car with powersteering...

the oldest car i ever had which is the M3 and the cheapest car i ever had the Polo they both had Powersteering and i cant think of driving without it..

guess i'll have to try it soon

Imo... a car without powersteering is better at high speeds... you can "feel" the car better...

I'm with Milli on the Powersteering front. It seems that Powersteering just gets in the way, If it wasn't for it then there would be less crashes (IMO. Don't want to Jinx it do I?).

The only 2 cars I have ever driven are my Dad's S 350 '11 and our project car, the 200sx S13.

I have only parked them mind you.

Imo... a car without powersteering is better at high speeds... you can "feel" the car better...

aah i see maybe i should get my hands on a car without it then and see for my self...

but as mellors said it does make you lazy sometimes and its easier to park it but i have never pushed my car to far... thank god i had a great driving instructor.....

I'm with Milli on the Powersteering front. It seems that Powersteering just gets in the way, If it wasn't for it then there would be less crashes (IMO. Don't want to Jinx it do I?).

The only 2 cars I have ever driven are my Dad's S 350 '11 and our project car, the 200sx S13.

I have only parked them mind you.

S 350 as in Mercedes??

they sure are nice what color?

and do you have shots of the S13???

Yup, My Dad has a Merc S 350 in "Midnight Black" but it belongs to the company he drives for(He is a chaufer or However you spell it).

Alas I do not have Photos of the S13 as it is currently locked up in a garage about 4 or 5 miles from where I live, we work on it on weekends.

Yup, My Dad has a Merc S 350 in "Midnight Black" but it belongs to the company he drives for(He is a chaufer or However you spell it).

Alas I do not have Photos of the S13 as it is currently locked up in a garage about 4 or 5 miles from where I live, we work on it on weekends.

aahh i see.

i would like to see how it looks when its finished.

and i have never driven those Merc's S-classes but they do look okay

Sorry Mb. My fault. ENOUGH ABOUT MY SILVIA! I will make a thread some time tomorrow about the history behind it but for now, I shall leave it there.

Mb, your ride looks "Wicked Cool" as is so do us all a favour and don't modify it too much will ya?

The Exhaust (Muffler to all you American Folks) is actually quite fitting for your car I think.

Ofcourse, no beer no party haha.

Took it on some backroads today. Had a blast! It's just insanely fast in 2nd and 3rd gear. To bad i can't floor it all the way through third as i would double the speed limit then :lol:

Here 2 pics, links as somehow i made em 600kb :lol:

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/MartijnMb/IMG_1386.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/MartijnMb/IMG_1387.jpg

Yep. It's not that shiny irl. Still need to wax/polish it firmly. Don't have time for that now though. Maybe in a couple of weeks :p

Edit:

So, getting a new radiator as it leaks a tiny bit but nothing too serious. Just fixing it to be sure. :)

Also filled it up again, and calculated how much i can drive on 1litre.

1L = 12km.

Which is like 28 miles a gallon.

*is jealous* *wants a 106 too* D:

1L = 12km.

12km/l flooring it and not driving totally economic... lol ;)

Edit: I love how your car is always clean! I can see you like it... :)

Yep. It's not that shiny irl. Still need to wax/polish it firmly. Don't have time for that now though. Maybe in a couple of weeks :p

Edit:

So, getting a new radiator as it leaks a tiny bit but nothing too serious. Just fixing it to be sure. :)

1L = 12km.

WHOA!!

thats awesome i remebered my VW polo using 1L for 18km

but my M3 has a slightly higher fuel consumption.

that one uses 1L for 5 km when its 1L for 3~4km when speeding

but from what year is yours? i can remember a friend of mine telling me that they use a lto mre fuel then that.

how much do you pay for a full tank? (considering buying one)

WHOA!!

but from what year is yours? i can remember a friend of mine telling me that they use a lto mre fuel then that.

5km/l!!?? Even Corvette is more economic! D:

What are you waiting to clean it? Lol

A massive pile of exams in the next week. Hope i can fully clean + wax it next weekend.

WHOA!!

1/5? Friend of me drives an M3 E36 and he does 1/10 with normal driving. Other guy i know has an M3 E46 and he manages 1/8.

This one is from 31 March 1995, so it turns 16 in 5 days :lol:

Tank has a capacity of 45L, so full tank is around 65/70 euro.

Someone i know has one aswell, and he managed 520km on 1 full tank.:D