We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2 little questions about TDU2

Metal Peter

Hey all! I´m thinking about buying TDU2. Watched many videos and I must say I like it. But there are some questions:

Is there a Camaro Z-28? Or another old camaro? I only could see the 2010 Camaro SS in the videos.

2. Question: Are you able to shift FULLY manual? I mean: with clutch and all?

Hope for answers^^

1. There is only the new Camaro :(

2. You can either drive with automatic, sequental, H-shifter and H-shifter with clutch. These are the options, you can't drive with sequental + clutch. But as I've heard, the clutch (so as the brakes) is like a switch, on and off, even with a pedal.

Clutch support is on/off at the moment, however they do know this and wheel support is something the community wants. So who knows!

With Atari/Eden's track record on updates though, they'll ignore what the community actually wants to add more shirts and couches, and when the community asks about fixing what's broken, they'll say "What's broken?" and walk away before anyone can answer.

...they do know this and wheel support is something the community wants. So who knows!

Not to be bashing on anyone or anything, but imo this whole sentence says exactly what we should be afraid for. I know for sure most things pointed and screamed at won't get fixed. They have proven themselves to make unsupported and unexpected moves related to whats get fixed and included, and what not, so those last three words of you are the most optimistic you can get in this case. After seeing how TDU2 evolved, I for this moment just can't do anything else than fear for what they'll do with updates.

Ofcourse I know they can't work 48 hours a day (as in: every single second of the day) and I know the game has been released just a mere two months ago, but we are dealing here with Atari and as I said, seeing TDU2 evolving has left a far from good impression for me personally, so I wouldn't get all my hopes up just yet.

I can't wait to be proven wrong, TDU2 deserves, no, NEEDS it, but at this moment I'm not too excited for this.

You have a point CLR but at the same time if what they are doing at the moment nets no results and people are still asking for those things then it kind of makes sense that they may realise we don't want that crap and in fact want the stuff we ask for. I don't get the way some companies do stuff and expect it to work out when quite clearly everyone and their dog is saying and asking for something else.

All I can say and hate it as you might is; have faith. :p

Oh I don't hate it people have faith, I also still have it. I just need to be pushed off the cliff by a big DLC or a patch which fixes lots of stuff before I'm 100% convinced :p

I wonder what happened to the crashreport executable. I've been experiencing loads of crashes when alt+tabbing a few times (with game paused) and when entering the airports via map mode, but the crashes never popped up the crash report box...

Wait - couches are not the top priority!?!?!?!!?!

::runs back to the blackboard and quickly erases all the development plans::

In seriousness, we are actively working on improving the support for wheels and handling in general. Right now nothing has been officially announced or confirmed yet, but it is being worked on internally and we hope we have the opportunity to share it with the community.

A lot of developments are being done to improve the game based on community feedback, but the situation is a bit sticky in the sense that a.) we can't formally announce things until they are officially confirmed across all channels: PR, marketing, development, publishing, first party (sony/microsoft) and b.) things take time - lots of it! Approval processes take longer and longer each passing year, it's just the way the business evolves, so please be patient while we push things through all the appropriate channels. ;)

So, we're doing everything we can on the community/development end to keep things moving forward in the direction that our fans want to go, but unfortunately the process takes time and it will be a while before we can officially confirm the news you want to hear. :)