We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLGT3 - PC - Build Log

iLLGT3

The PCIe SSDs are very expensive though. I only got an SSD myself the other day because it was quite cheap on offer. 285MBs read and 275MBs write speeds are really good for the "last" gen SSDs.

I doubt you'd even be able to tell the difference with anything higher other than in benchmarks and when copying files from one SSD to another.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I have those fast Black Series SATA drives which are quick enough for me atm, and waiting for the SSD tech to plateu a bit more, when prices will drop no doubt. Who remembers how expensive the first generation flat screen TV's were compared to today, for example :)

Completely agree with you.

My HDDs in my PC are a few years old now and not particularly fast. It was either spend £40 on a new HDD, or £80 on an SSD. I didn't need any more storage space so spent a bit more and got the fastest one.

*hands thread back to iLL* :p

Well, it depends on what you want to get out of your mouse. Do you want/need a gaming mouse? How much are you willing to spend on one? I personally can't justify buying a mouse for $100 when a $10 mouse works just as fine... The way I chose my mouse/keyboard was how well they'd match my case :lol:

I needed a new one (had the Microsoft 8000 Laser mouse which for some reason no longer charges its batteries.

So I just sorted all the mice by price (highest to lowest), and picked the first Logitech one (the G700 I think). Bit of a weird shape but so far so good. That's if you've got $100 to burn.

I have a Logitech 510M Laser mouse. Its a great mouse, not to many frills just a scroll wheel that can click left to right and extra forward and backward buttons. They are bindable using Logitech utility. My keyboard is the sweetest thing. Its a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. At night its great and as t. said, " the badassness of a PC is judged by how many lights it has."

Ozzmcom: I'll have to let you know in 3 or so weeks. I started with a budget and kinda decided to buy what I wanted instead of staying with a budget so it's not fully complete. :lol:

I don't make enough money to buy all the parts at once especially due to my spending habits. :D

hey iLLGT3 , I'm thinking of getting a similar rig as well. How's the performance so far ? especially oc'ing i5 2500k, I might get an msi g45 series motherboard for that.

Performance is great, maxing out many games. The 2500K OC's very well, I keep it at 4,5 GHz. (aftermarket cooler of course) :)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

img0186ip.jpg

Performance is great, maxing out many games. The 2500K OC's very well, I keep it at 4,5 GHz. (aftermarket cooler of course) :)

thx for the info pyrre, which graphics card do you have? I'm thinking of getting msi gtx460 hawk . Nice piece btw iLLGT3

thx for the info pyrre, which graphics card do you have? I'm thinking of getting msi gtx460 hawk . Nice piece btw iLLGT3

ATi HD5850, slightly better than a standard GTX460 (but I'm guessing that Hawk edition is factory overclocked).

The mobo is in!!

Now what to do with all that PSU wiring. :lol:

And may I add, the PSU was slanted so Cooler Master's own PSU doesn't completely match up with their own case.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the wiring. This PSU has so many wires (wish I went modular.. almost did) and all those SATA ports by the heatsink in the bottom right of the board.. Am I supposed to use those? I only have 2 cables I assume one for the optical and one for the HDD.. Also the main connector to the mobo is weird. It is in 2 pieces. Fits correctly but I still don't understand it all lol. :confused: