We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post One Random Automotive Picture Per Day

iLLGT3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure he meant the Tesla's drivetrain type. :cheeky: And I agree with him. It could use a big combustion engine - like the VL Destino for example.

I would love to have the money to buy one of those and swap in a big ol dirty gas guzzling combustion engine, would require a whole new drivetrain though lol

You have to be kidding me...

honestly, Tesla just seem to shout "look at us were doing soothing" and happen to get the limelight when others are doing the same thing but better...I mean the Tesla was just an Elise with a battery, Dodge beat them to it by shoving a battery in an Europa S!

Also because drink heres a Ford CLT 9000.

ford_clt_9000_1_1984.jpg

I think you should stop judge a "product" by it's brand. I mean, what the brand does or doesn't has nothing to do if their product is good or not.

Tesla Roadster is just an Electric Elise, yes, but it haven't done anything wrong. Plus, Tesla didn't said they were the first. And, i am about Model S, Model S =/= Roadster, which means, it's not an Elise, it's not a "copy".

And again, the Tesla Model S is still an awesome looking car. Well, i won't discuss this any further. Will just leave another Model S image, because that car is good for my eyes. :lol:

jay-leno-tesla-model-s.jpg

A car is not a one-time use product or easily replaced if you change your mind though (if you bought a car brand new and then sold it tomorrow, you would lose a few thousand dollars), so you do have to look beyond the surface of comparing stats or which looks the best, etc.

Seeing how the Tesla boss has behaved when various journalists made less-than positive assessments of the range of the car is a turn-off, as are the reports of a few of them catching fire when a battery malfunctions.

I probably wouldn't buy another VW in a hurry here either because of the way Volkswagen Group Australia have behaved in recent months in avoiding admitting that there are issues with their earlier dry-clutch DSG gearboxes as found in my 2009 Golf, and then only finally initiated a recall after a tidal-wave of negative press began to affect *them* and their big drop in sales even with the new Mk7 being launched in April). If it didn't affect them I'm sure they still would not have bothered to look after us.

Well, nobody here will buy a Tesla, that makes such wonders and thoughts quite irrelevant. That's like dislike Ferraris because how they threat their clients. :lol: Wonder about than when you actually buy one, otherwise, there isn't a single problem in admire their cars by being what they truly are, without the brand background behaviour.

Well, that's my opinion though.

I think you should stop judge a "product" by it's brand. I mean, what the brand does or doesn't has nothing to do if their product is good or not.

I do that all the time with Bini. As I said, I'm just not a fan of Tesla, end of. :nods:

Anyway, end of that matter, as in the end each to there own. :)

-

Heres the 3rd gen DAF CF, more I see pictures of the new DAF range the more i like it....still to see one on the road though!

cf_3rd_generation_20888.jpg

*though i'd spam with non car-but-auto-related stuff for a while...just to add a change.

I've seen that very Merc transporter(The classice with the SLR on the back), it's actually a ground up replica that was so good that Merc got involved in making in the end!

Funny you post the Actros though, my works just gotten another fleet of them(36 no less), the BIG ones this time...the Merc badge on the grill's the same height as my head! These ones join the batch of full sized Actros 3's they got last year and fleet of 'small' New Actros's they got at the same time! Then theres all the DAF CF's they got last year as well!(In case you havent guessed...theres Hundreds of trucks in the fleet :lol: )

Anyway enough gabbering, heres a picture of the MG3 :D

MG-3_2014_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

Because... GTO.

-snip-

I've grown fond of this particular series of GTO again recently, probably because I tried GTA V on a friend's console and got the opportunity to screw with the Albany Buccaneer at LS Customs.

Good God they look fine in dark colors. Especially dark/borderline iridescent purple.