We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hey guys, had a great time running a tuned WRX around Tsukuba earlier, on my own, just trying to get under a minute (didnt quite get there, got 1.02.296 or something), and I realized that we need to start a time attack series. Yep, no ifs, no buts, we just do.

No real idea on regulations and such yet, but it would be class based, so you'd have your 'Open' class where people spend silly amounts of money on GTRs and stuff, 'Club' class where you get similar cars, but less extreme, and 'Street' class, where the cars can still be a bit wild, but no slick tyres, no extreme horespower (say in excess of 570hp is extreme).

There would be no racing, we'd just use the pre race practice session as we can jump in and out to adjust the tune, and all be on the track at the same time. Rather than laps, each session would be timed.

Details will be updated and stuff as this develops. Please post your feedback and let me know if your interested, hopefully this can be 99% done and a list of entrants complete by the time PSN comes back online.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Ok, lets do it offline for the time being, and it'll work the same way when online comes back, but there will be more cars on track at once.

Yeaahhhh but I dunno, the ability to choose a class and stuff, I think it'd just be interesting anyway.

edit: this is being organized in conjunction with the 99% Australian based JDMST forum, so for you international guys, times may be a little hard for you, but we will try and make the times suit both of us as best as we can. But for now its offline anyway, so the way it will be run is you'll have like 3 days (from a certain date- AEST) to get your time in, and then the times will be compared at the end.

Not sure, but just to get everyone going a bit, just did a 54.880 at Tsukuba in my Stealth Tuning matte black NSX Type R, which will be in the Tuner Pro class (highest). Still some tweaking to get it into the 40s, but very happy so far.

Tuner car series :P lol. Ah well um... There we go XD

You have til the 18th of this month (Australian Eastern Standard time) to get your time in, and in the mean time, I will be setting it up a bit more... proper like, in readiness for PSN to come back.

Double post, I know, but I felt that it was enough to warrant a new post.

Rules updated a little.

You are allowed to enter 2 cars, they can be in the same class (that would be silly, but you can if you want).

When posting a time, it must be done in the following format:

Class:

Car:

Time:

So, my 2 entries for this week's Tsukuba time attack challenge are:

Class: Pro Tuner

Car: Stealth Tuning Co Honda NSX Type R 'Blackbird'

Time: 54.880

Class: Club

Car: Stealth Tuning Co Honda S2000

Time: 1:02.893

The tuning company name isnt necesary, but if you use it now, you must use it all through the season, but your company name may change, once i'm notified. Also, naming your cars is also not a must, but it adds character to your car, and most tuning companies do it to distinguish their car from the base model/other companies.

Also (lol), you CAN- I repeat, CAN, modify your car throughout the season, but it must remain in the class it started in, so my NSX cant come down to Club even if i could bring it down to meet those requirements, and likewise, my S2000 cant go up to Pro Tuner, even though it is possible to make the requirements. Aero upgrades are not restricted in any class either, and can be changed at any time- but, if you change any parts, I must be notified, and if I decide that any times before that change are invalid, you will need to set a new time. I know this is steep, but you should think about changes you make, and there will be some things that I will allow without you having to set a new time.

If thats confusing let me know XD :P

Well, we had our own SIARPC at the Top Gear track, but that got boring after a couple of weeks when the leaderboards were pretty much always the same order ;)

Just because i won that Brera one, that would give me an 8C everyone left! And i still waiting my 8C... NOT COOL! D:

:sulk:

Just because i won that Brera one, that would give me an 8C everyone left! And i still waiting my 8C... NOT COOL! D:

:sulk:

Oh, I was thinking of Pyrre when I said one person winning all the time.

And Tim, not cool man - she should've got her prize ages ago ;)

Alrighty, the website is getting there, and there is a thread in the forum on it for you to post your times in (this is related to the time attack challenge i spoke of the other day). I know you have to 'sign up and create a website' or something- dont worry, its just like making an account anywhere else, just because it says you can make websites there doesnt mean you have to. You will have to create an account to post your times though, so... Yeah. If theres not enough time let me know and i'll make it the 20th or something.

TDUFREAK, i'll need you to repost that in the thread I created there, k?

edit: follow the Gran Turismo Time Attack Challenge link in my signature.

Here is that info on my GTR you wanted

3.7 Litre

794 BHP @ 7200 RPM

Internal Modifications

Stage 3 Turbo Kit

Racing Flywheel

Twin-Plate Clutch

Carbon Drive Shaft

Sports ECU

Sports intake manifold

Racing air filter

Sports exhaust system with Titanium Racing Tips