We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GRIP Magazine

Ken

I have another idea, lol. An issue-ly challenge/test thing, like with Top Gear's reviews of 3 cars they like and are in the same sorta class. Basically, someone creates a really long course, with some technical parts, some easy wide parts, etc, and we each represent our chosen car type (for that challenge, for me it'd be jdm/japanese cars) and we write a review on the 'trip' as a whole and on the car as it progressed through the 'trip'- just had another idea partway through, treat the created tracks as the trip, and we stop at a real circuit along the way (as they often do in the show).

Just a way for us all to collaborate and get some great shots and content to write on.

On a slightly related note, havent quite started my GTR write up yet, taking photos now and will write up after that.

What are the specs of the pages and stuff? I'd like to do my own layout and stuff (Ken, you've seen and liked my little photoshop collages, and I have some multimedia experience, I get magazine layouts and stuff, and I have some cool stuff in my head that I cant really translate into words for you to create)

edit- psn id: pr0ph3cy_92_

Anyone is free to add me, just let me know who you are/where I know you from XD

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks 4/10

Sound 9/10

Handling 6/10

Acceleration 6/10

Braking 4/10

Speed 6/10

Cornering 5/10

The Lotus Evora looks like its come straight out of a Cartoon with its big eyes and large smiling mouth, it has a leather dashboard and bucket seats, the dials on the dash look like they had been lifted from a fighter jet. The Evora goes in and round corners like a dream but as soon as you exit and level out the Evoras rear end starts to slip out.

I used the manual version with the driving aids turned off except from ABS and I couldn't make any smoke as I drove away.

I found that the Brakes easily lock up on a high speed corner entry.

The Rear window is small but use-able.

The Lotus has slow acceleration up to 60,000 RPM before it kicks in, by which time its time to shift up.

Under the left side of the steering wheel are 6+ buttons, this is not a very convenient location to reach.

Overall score 6/10

My laptime: 1:23:89

Well im not bother tbh i think its a crap way of writing it... ive got all the info there just reorder it

Once again, I must LOL. I'm not re-writing. Not re-using.

The point of the Head-to-Head is to have two reviews from two different people. Soooooo, in this case, anyone who wants to do it, PM me, or reply!

I have another idea, lol. An issue-ly challenge/test thing, like with Top Gear's reviews of 3 cars they like and are in the same sorta class. Basically, someone creates a really long course, with some technical parts, some easy wide parts, etc, and we each represent our chosen car type (for that challenge, for me it'd be jdm/japanese cars) and we write a review on the 'trip' as a whole and on the car as it progressed through the 'trip'.

Good idea, I think we should set a cash limit. And a restriction or two, and see who gets the best car. (Used car lot of course lol) I really like this...

I'm down to do one of the three if there are two other people interested!!

I posted it on the page before this one, but here it is again XD

pr0ph3cy_92_

And Ken, if your on- same question as him :P also, what are the page measurement/specs etc XD

edit: and I meant for that challenge thing we could do both those cheap classics/whatever challenges, but also with more exotic new cars, like when they went to find the best road in the world- DBS, Gallardo LP560 and California were used there. And the other one where they had the V8 vantage race car thingy, GT3 RS and... something else XD (maybe the old Gallardo Superleggera?)

edit: and I meant for that challenge thing we could do both those cheap classics/whatever challenges, but also with more exotic new cars, like when they went to find the best road in the world- DBS, Gallardo LP560 and California were used there. And the other one where they had the V8 vantage race car thingy, GT3 RS and... something else XD (maybe the old Gallardo Superleggera?)

I'm down for doing either. I'd still like to be involved!

Alllright, holy crap I got a lot to reply here. But I'll try to answer all questions.

Ken and Prop3chy what is your PSN ID we could possibly do some online shoots or somrthing

My PSN is: Flamedogg11

...BTW Ken what is going to be on the cover for this month's issue??

That I don't know yet as I need to figure out what story seems most interesting and has good shots of that topic.

...And Ken, if your on- same question as him :P also, what are the page measurement/specs etc XD

I have another idea, lol. An issue-ly challenge/test thing, like with Top Gear's reviews of 3 cars they like and are in the same sorta class. Basically, someone creates a really long course, with some technical parts, some easy wide parts, etc, and we each represent our chosen car type (for that challenge, for me it'd be jdm/japanese cars) and we write a review on the 'trip' as a whole and on the car as it progressed through the 'trip'- just had another idea partway through, treat the created tracks as the trip, and we stop at a real circuit along the way (as they often do in the show).

1. The page measurements I am using is a US standard printing size paper (8.5 x 11 inches) USE 1200x1600

2. As for the idea, what ever you guys come up with and is GT5 related is a okay. As long as you can provide pictures and a review about it I can mash them together using Photoshop and MS Word :p.

Edit: im on now and Ken would you like a website for the magazine where we can upload PDF's I can whip one up within an hour if you want... and its FREE!!

Dude, that's a GREAT idea, I've replied to your PM about it.

My review and Pics of the 458 sent to you ken

Thanks brah. :D

hows this? Its still a long way off, just seeing whether its the right sorta size and stuff?

~Photoshop picture~

edit: and am I right in thinking that the aero WAS indeed designed using advanced algorithms and such, or is that the LFA?

Words are WAYYY too dark and the outer shadow makes it worse to be honest.

If anyone has MSN my email is: [email protected]

That way we can respond more quickly to each other. :lol: