We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rumour: BF3 Alpha Trial screenshot leaker 'threatened with a £175k lawsuit

iLLGT3

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Remember those Alpha Trail screenshots of Battlefield 3 that showed an early muliplayer version without its makeup on? Despite everyone knowing 'Alpha' means early stages and understandably low detail for a game, DICE aren't very happy about the leak. In fact, they're so unhappy, they might be taking legal action.

The furtherest back we can track the following information is to this forum post. Since it's quite spurious information, be aware that this could be fake: The screens where taken by a journalist who sadly is part of the CoD vs BF hate fest (this one being a CoD fanboy).

He set the resolution low as well as the graphics then initiated negative comments in the ingame chat (as seen in one of the screens) to try and "prove" that CoD is the superior title.

Dice/EA have contacted the idiot who forgot to remove his ID from a screen with the APC and he is being threatened with a £175k lawsuit.

All in all, yet another sad day in the never ending battle that is fanboys arguing with each other. £175,000? That's a ridiculous amount of money, but 'CrazyCanuck', a moderator on the Official Battlefield 3 UK forums, had seems to think it's fair: If you sign an NDA its as good as a contract and Just as enforceable in any court. Its called "non-disclosure agreement" for a reason. There was the threat of penalties and Im glad to see them take the hardline against breaking an NDA no matter who it was. If the moderator does have ties with DICE or EA, the above could be taken as confirmation of 'the threat of penalties', i.e. a possible £175k fine. However, since it's very hard to find an original source for this information, take this all with a hefty pinch of salt.

Source

Sometimes I wish Atari would've done the same to all the people who posted images, videos and God knows what else during the TDU2 Beta.

They would get enough money to hire the most experienced people, and we'd end up with a carlist so big reallife manufacturers had to start developing extra cars to keep up the pace. xD

Meh, guess they got butt hurt over the now dead modernwarfare3.com.

Yeah. IMO, this goes both ways. Activision has no right to get legal with that website and DICE really don't need to take it this far.

Anyway, my 2c, these are the lowest settings yet it will still blow CoD right out of the water.

They would get enough money to hire the most experienced people, and we'd end up with a carlist so big reallife manufacturers had to start developing extra cars to keep up the pace. xD

We can only dream...

Off topic, but on topic 'bout crappy ol' TDU2: I got so mad at the game while trying to cruise with my friends I think I corrupted some savegame file.

Sometimes I wish Atari would've done the same to all the people who posted images, videos and God knows what else during the TDU2 Beta.

It hardly damaged the finished product, as it basically was the finished product.

*This is an Atari finished, differing considerably from an actual finished.