We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

P&C Car Reviews *2013 Ford Focus*

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''is the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. It has 3 doors (4 if you count the hatch) and is Hyundai's new...thing'' yes! IMAO lol.

really nice review mate, reallly nice! do more!!!!!!! also, the shots fitted really well too!

also, im not that cheeky like gaga is, if you want something you can keep it :) just ask me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Rather liked the Jag review's voice-over, sounded a bit like you were trying to over-pronounce though, but not much in a bad way, since it'd be for multilingual types :P

If you do moar, you have at least one steady listener ;D

As long as one person is willing to listen to me drone on about a car - I'll keep doing it! :D

Btw, I do pronounce my words quite forcefully - it's just usually how I speak. lol

The review will be up this week sometime, probably after I start feeling a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never! This is the review for the 2013 Ford Focus ST - click

HERE to listen to it, rather than read it. It's a bit of a short review, sadly, I've been busy writing as of late. I hope you enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ford Focus has been with us in one form or another since 1998, which if you think about it, is actually a decent amount of time considering new models get replaced at the speed of light these days. The sale of the Focus began mid-1998 in Europe and found its way to North America in 1999. In the 13 (near 14) years that the Focus has been in production, there have only been 2 facelifts from the original model, the most current is the Mk III Ford Focus which began sale in 2011. So here it is, the 2013 Ford Focus ST, using as ever the standard front wheel drive that has been trademark for the Focus since its inception into the world of automobiles. So we’ve had our history lesson, now let’s take it out on the track.

6917596443_c84b8b7e45_z.jpg

As per usual for the Focus ST this car finds itself endowed with an enlarged amount of horsepower, 247 to be exact. Powered by a 2 litre Inline 4 engine with Ford’s new premier “Ecoboost” integrated into it, this car is quick AND economical. 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds and a top speed of 154 mph, it all sounds rather good, but let’s take it around a corner. And here as with every single Focus before it, lies the problem. A large amount of horsepower being driven to the front wheels in any car is a challenge that engineers have to overcome. However I’ve never understood why the Focus couldn’t be more properly mounted to the ground. I’ve driven plenty of decent FWD cars in my time; the Peugeot 206, the Lexus CT200h and the Hyundai Veloster are all wonderful around a track.

6917596581_7f94b48e12_z.jpg

This, however, is much like driving a cement truck in a crowded city, you don’t dare go too fast or you’ll crash. The understeer is obviously the key elemental factor of what’s wrong with this car; it’s painstakingly bad to go around a corner with much velocity at all, which makes the car rather boring to drive. Without that pizazz, you’re just driving a Ford Focus… and that doesn’t sound very enticing. Sure, you’re getting great gas mileage and it’s wonderful around town, but as soon as you want it to be sporty it’s just… not.

6917596737_eac317b277_z.jpg

I might take a beating here, but after all, I’m reviewing this car, you aren’t. Some people seem to think that this car looks like a Japanese eel out of water; when did that become a bad thing? Who are we do judge that poor eel and how he looks!? It’s not our fault he was born looking like that, it’s not like eel’s can just go have plastic surgery y’know, and they have to LIVE through life being ugly! Sorry… I got sidetracked. The point is I like how this car looks, even if most people don’t. Does the front end look like a confused eel? Yes, do I think that makes it ugly? Of course not. Are the rear tail lights too big? Yes. Are they obnoxious? Yes. Do I like them? Yes. The stance of this car looks sexy, the wheels are sexy… this CAR is sexy. It’s just too bad that once you get in it and want to have a bit of fun, it doesn’t play along. Overall, as an everyday car, it’s wonderful – but don’t expect to be thrown into happy town when you try and give it hell. It’s a shame that Ford hasn’t fixed the main problem with the Focus yet, with it being out so long; but that’s alright, because until they do fix it – I can just drive the Veloster.

6917596825_61ff17edab_z.jpg