We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

One from a month ago!

Recorded on an iPhone 5 using a cheap phone mount that i use day to day just rotated it around 90 degrees to get it landscape (You see the windscreen sucker in the corner of the video) :P Was pretty good and stable considering the roads around here! (GTAMADDOG can agree with me on that one!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One from a month ago!

Recorded on an iPhone 5 using a cheap phone mount that i use day to day just rotated it around 90 degrees to get it landscape (You see the windscreen sucker in the corner of the video) :P Was pretty good and stable considering the roads around here! (GTAMADDOG can agree with me on that one!)

I found some more pot-holes a couple of weeks ago. The twisty road used to be so smooth :(

It makes commuting a bit more fun I suppose. I now find great satisfaction in spotting holes in the road and then missing them. It's even better when it looks like you can't miss them because there are so many, but you judge the width of your car perfectly so you can get all four wheels to pass between all of the holes by the skin of your teeth :p

I'm pretty sure anyone behind me must think I consistently drive while drunk as I weave around in the road missing holes.

Potholes :evil:

Our brilliant road network (not) is full of them. Runflats make it even worse, any kind of bump feels like we've taken a huge 10metre fall and crashed into a block of iron. So driving is mostly dodging potholes and getting to know the road with your butt.

We won't ditch the runflats, as we pitty our rims, they would be damaged already were it not for runflats.

Guess by the time we need new tires bridgestone's 3rd gen runflats will be out, they claim they are nearly as comfortable as non runflats.

I'd punch you in the face Milli if you weren't a girl. I'm always about to blow when my parents curb the wheels or bumper. :evil:

Patch, I'm not as familiar as my dad about tires, but runflats are much harder than standard tires so the bang when you drive over potholes is bigger. Normal tires would absorb them better and they also have better grip. I have no idea how are F10/11's but I have read on several BMW forums that especially 1er's (E8x) and 3er's (E9x) are said to be underdamped and they are crashy even without RFT's thanks to bad dampers etc. Those, who bought for example Koni dampers, BMWP springs and few E92M parts, report their cars drive much better.

I wouldn't care that much about wheels, OEM's are strong (they aren't forged, though) and we haven't had any issues with ours.

BTW, nice avatar mate.

Edit: Or you can sell the 20's and get some nice lightweight 19's on normal tires.

I wouldn't know, nor would my father, how well our car would handle without RFTs. My dad says our car sticks to the road great, so i'd suppose with 3rd gen RFTs or standards it would be even more amazin. Let's hope 3rd gens are virtually as smooth as standards :S

I'd punch you in the face Milli if you weren't a girl. I'm always about to blow when my parents curb the wheels or bumper. :evil:

Bring it on!

Besides, if you let me explain myself. Pay attention, that before i move the car, you can listen my turning light making noises, so, i was clearly indicating that i was going to leave the spot.

I checked in the mirror and saw that red car comming, since he had no turning lights on and did not waited me to leave, i assumed he was going just pass thru, happens that when i leave the spot, he parks and start reversing! Yes, into me! To avoid a crash, i threw the car to the side, ended hitting the curb, but better hit the curb than let him hit my left rear quarter!

After i park the car and stop the video, i stepped out, yelled at that driver and fixed the hubcap, that got bent into the rim, leading me to pull it out.

Apu..I don't really know how to ID tires so I took a pic for you to see which tires they are. Probably 2nd gen. They are dunlops. Smooth on smooth bumps, but if something bigger comes around..ouch xD. Not sure how much they compromise the handling as my father says it grips really well. Then again, he doesn't do track driving.

[ATTACH]18616[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18617[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18618[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18619[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 hours I had a sore back and clutch ankle. :lol: Sore back because I kept banging my head on the roof and ankle because there's hardly anywhere to put my foot.

But the seats are sooooo bouncy that it doesn't get uncomfortable.