We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2012 Season!

Camel

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch either just read the news today. :rolleyes:

Ferrari are saying that Vettel did an illegal overtake while there were yellow flags. If the FIA agree he'll be dropped from 6th to 8th and loose 4 points... conveniently Alonso is only 3 points behind in the championship.

So he overtook two people under yellow? Surely if he did it would've been plainly noticeable and addressed during the race, and the people who were allegedly overtaken would've already complained by now.

Seems ironic how the best of the sport are also the whoosiest.

The video on BBC Sport certainly makes it look like he overtook after a yellow flag board and before the green one. And again later on in the race. So going by the rules he should of had 2 penalties and I'm sure there are some other drivers who'd be given the penalties and some who wouldn't.

It'd be wrong to take the title off him now but it'd also be wrong to then penalise other drivers who do similar things next season which they will do.

I can see where Ferrari are coming from but then again how many times have Ferrari International Assistance helped them over the years? :p

*shrug*

Heck, even I, who loves winning way too much, wouldn't be happy if I won something this way. Everyone would just hate me and I wouldn't feel like a winner anyways.

Also, Ferrari did complain to the FIA, FIA reviewed the video footage and found out that Seb did nothing wrong. Even mr. Ecclestone himself thought that what Ferrari did was a complete joke.

I don't think he is a kid anymore :) iirc he is 25 or so :mhmm:

He's the youngest ever to hold three titles to his name, and is so by 6 years to the next guy, who just so happens to be Ayrton Senna. He is indeed a kid compared to how long it took other drivers to do what he's made and done already. And would you stop being butthurt?

He's the youngest ever to hold three titles to his name, and is so by 6 years to the next guy, who just so happens to be Ayrton Senna. He is indeed a kid compared to how long it took other drivers to do what he's made and done already. And would you stop being butthurt?

Butthurt? where did that come from, yeah i'm a little gutted that alonso lost, but i have the up most respect for vettle he is a great driver...butthurt ...pshht...

What the hell is with your attitude? It stinks and is totally unnecessary.

Vettel should have won the title clear and easy this year as he had the best car by far so his third title isn't something I look at along with the true past greats as it's fairly easy to do the best when you have the best. Sure he does have skill and is a world class driver but until the field evens up then his achievements will be seen by many as "his to lose" not "a great win". :)

Vettel should have won the title clear and easy this year as he had the best car by far so his third title isn't something I look at along with the true past greats as it's fairly easy to do the best when you have the best. Sure he does have skill and is a world class driver but until the field evens up then his achievements will be seen by many as "his to lose" not "a great win". :)

*cough* Schumacher*cough*

Not all of them but there were still quite a few *coughs*

It's come along much harder for Vettel this season, and there have been plenty of much easier dominations in the past. Mansell in 1992 and Hill in 1996, for example, had totally dominant cars, especially in Hill's case. Jim Clark pretty much won the vast majority of his races for his first championship. And Schumacher.

• 2 weeks later...