We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU1 2012

Ryzza5

This thread is for everyone who wants to reinstall TDU1, start a new profile, and play like it's 2007. Let's see how quickly we can level up and organise some fun online cruises + events - all to be discussed in this thread.

If you don't quite have a the motivation or excitement, find an old thread from before TDU1's release date and read up on the various announcements and everyone's excitement in response, that ought to help.

TDU1 2012 Players :

Ryzza5, MrLolololXD, SuperHyperTDU1, Acid44, Lambo Llama, Ozzmcom, Proph3cy, TDUFREAK500, Googleproxer

Guest MrLolololXD

Good idea, I might see how fast I can drive from one end of Hawaii to the other in TDU1, or maybe see how fast I can drive around the edge of the whole island :mhmm:

I know khevolution has just started a new profile as well. Once you get your new router (hurry up) we can do some of the awesome cruise idea challenges that I used to come up with years ago. Gumball Rallies, scavenger hunts, nav races, offroad races, VRent races, Hot Pursuit (unlimited), Hot Pursuit up the east coast road where all the cops have bookmarks along that road to jump ahead of the suspect and setup roadblocks, and so on.

All our old cruise ideas are preserved here if you want to check them out and find a good one: Cruises - Forums Atari Europe

Should keep us busy until FH comes out :)

Erm well start a new profile (if you want) whenever you like. And on Saturday morning around 10.30 AM GMT (which is 8pm Melbourne) we'll cruise. For the first cruise we can do something simple like a Group G Convertible Mystery Road Rules Cruise (© Colster)

Which basically means each person sets a GPS destination before the cruise starts and keeps the location a secret. Turn the HUD and GPS volume off so it's not annoying. One at a time, each person turns up their GPS voice volume and we all follow that person to the destination, obeying road rules (mild speeding permitted), but stopping for stop signs, red lights, etc, and only overtaking when safe (when you would feel safe doing it in real life).

Signup and pick a car below. Prefer if it's not tuned since the idea is for them to be slow. :)

# - Player - Car

1. Ryzza5 - ?

Guest MrLolololXD

I'm in, just need to get my hands on a new router, if I don't make it out tomorrow night to get one I'll go out Saturday morning and buy one, so I might not be in until next week :hmmm:

No problem. If those who can cruise this weekend can confirm here by at least 30mins before starting time that'll be great. Even better if you can pick a car in advance so we have a nice variety.

To help, here are choices:

AC Cobra

Aston Martin DB4 Zagato???

Corvette Stingray Convertible

Ferrari 308 GTS

Jaguar E Type???

Attached is a copy of Iced Bullet's car list (Excel).

Thinking about participating... I dont have a proper desktop, just a fairly good laptop (was pretty great when it came out 2 years ago), but it overheats a lot, have to have a small personal fan running on high aimed directly at it just to keep it from overheating. If I can pick up tdu1 and a proper cooler tomorrow i should be in for saturday :D Good idea.

edit: wow that makes it sound like theres something wrong with it. What I meant is it overheats when I play games, have a lot going on in photoshop or when im loading a LOT of things at once (lots of youtube videos etc), its good under normal conditions ahah.

Sounds like my PS3 :) (I have to get the desk fan out when playing GT5)

Laptops just aren't big enough to force a lot of air through them You can get something like this perhaps: Notebook Cooling Dock - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at Nextag - Price - Review

Also iirc TDU1 was never brilliant on laptops (didn't support many mobile graphics cards). But will be great to have you guys along.

Guest MrLolololXD

Can I use a torrented version of the Mega Car Pack on my legit game and still play online? Or is a completely seperate serial needed for the Megapack? :mhmm:

Only way you can play online is without the Megapack or with a legal purchased one. If the game or the megapack is illegal you won't be able to get onilne at all. If you don't have the Megapack you'll see a few multi-coloured Audis (default car)