We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

This will break your heart. PLEASE support her.

Guest MrLolololXD

You're right about punishment being brought back, but it'll never work. It was banned because the parents began to complain it's too harsh, and now that it's gone the kids are letting loose again and taking things too far, but as soon as they bring it back, someone will start complaining about the kids being treated too harsh. That's how things work. It's impossible to find compromise in a situation like this.

I wish they did bring some sort of system into schools, even just for stimulating purpose, since there exists absolutely no mutual respect between the kids at school and out of it. Who else is going to teach them. /essay

You're right about punishment being brought back, but it'll never work. It was banned because the parents began to complain it's too harsh, and now that it's gone the kids are letting loose again and taking things too far, but as soon as they bring it back, someone will start complaining about the kids being treated too harsh. That's how things work. It's impossible to find compromise in a situation like this.

I wish they did bring some sort of system into schools, even just for stimulating purpose, since there exists absolutely no mutual respect between the kids at school and out of it. Who else is going to teach them. /essay

I agree with almost all, but i am not so sure about punishment in school. I mean, at least not physical... because, i don't know, in my concept who have to educate kids is their parents, not school.

Yeah to be honest if i was there i would of literally knocked both of their lights out (no i'm not acting tough behind a computer) :) Regardless of their age i would still beat the hell into them and knock some sense into these people. No one deserves that level of disrespect especially to the elderly. I guess people these days have no self respect and are inconsiderate towards others. I mean just a few days ago one of my friends (not close) committed suicide R.I.P and people from the age of 12 were chanting jump at the bottom of the building.

It just goes to show how much humanity is left in this world it pains me too see it.

My brother's just started secondary school, I was shocked to hear some of the stuff people have said/done to him in the last year. I think alot of it is lack of care on behalf of the parents, they need to stand up and take responsibility for their kid's actions. About time people learnt to treat other people how they'd want to be treated themselves!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agree, that discipline and education should start at home... but also that parents and families need to learn how to discipline properly. I do believe physical disicpline has a place but in the past it was used as the first solution and I know from personal experience that doesn't work. Its all about positive reinforcement. Beating the crap out of anyone doesn't work- it just creates more problems.

Parents should also be jointly accountable for the behaviour of their children. By law if necessary.

Schools cannot do anything because they've been stripped of power because ignorant parents campaigned for discipline to be removed. Well done for that.

I do think that schools should be allowed more means to educate their students.

Good to see a positive outcome on this case though.

Yeah kids at my school treat everyone like crap including me, I will admit I have been an egg to a couple of my teachers but what those kids were doing was just too far. because of how people treated me I used to think of suicide a lot and it has really stuffed up my mind. BULLYING MUST STOP NOW!!

Yes.

See, you let it get to you. Unlike me, not in a million years am I going to take seriously anything some scum of the Earth is telling me to impress his equally as scummy friends at the expense of my confidence and self-esteem. Ignoring it doesn't work and it never will if you let it hover about in your head afterwards.