We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Blown Turbos

calster17

Hello, just a quick message to mods here, if you think this is in the wrong section then please move it to wherever you think it'd apply. Its related to cars so thought it'll be suited to here. :)

Anyway, this is't me asking help on how to fix Blown Turbos, no...the short answer to that is replace them. This is some self advertising for a thing me & a mate are doing, and 'Blown Turbos' is the name. :)

So what it is? "Two guys driving & jabbering on about cars. Not afraid to be blunt and downright honest about the topic, and often taking pot shots on each others cars...as well as any other car. Both are petrol heads, one a Ferrari worshipper as well as being a hipster and pretentious, the other a self proclaimed connoisseur of everything with an ego to challenge Kanye west."

Yes you read that correctly, it'll be me & a mate doing car review videos. It'll be proper reviews but with humour(or our idea of it, whether you think it is or not is your own opinion) and some good driving roads on video. The car's we review will most likely be older ones due to thats the access we have, and not all reviews will be actual driving(due to not being insured, etc).

We will be making it for everyone, as in no swearing such. Also when driving we will be following road rules and being safe(as we always do.)

So heres a link to our Facebook page, please do 'like us' on it to keep up to date! Also we haven't actually made a video first on account of not having video equipment as of yet, but hope to have up within a month!

Heres hoping you like it if you watch it. :nods:

Looking forward to your first care review video :p

Use a spell checker when you want to advertise something ;)

Though you guy's would be used to my dodgy spelling & grammar ;)

Thankfully when important stuff will be typed by my mate.(also he's had a look at the post, now telling me what to fix :lol: )

• 1 month later...

Haha, nice. Your [cool] accent sounds a lot older than you look (you're the driver, right?)

Also it's a bit weird how the camera is point away from the windscreen towards you, yet you can still see out the front windscreen up the top and sides. I've never been able to stand cars with the screen raked that much and so far away from you. But it looks like a nice fun car.

What's planned for future videos?

I'm the driver . :cool:

The windscreens not that far away, it's just the camera lens I think(I know nothing on the tech side, that's Dan's job :lol: ) as it's the current Go-Pro that were using. We did try a few different camera angles but thought that centre dash was best as showed both of us, as well what it's like outside(if in a town, countryside, forest, etc), we are to have bonnet shots on the next video to show the road and such, as well as static filming.

A lens where everything is't so far away though is something we could look out for if possible. :)

We were going to do a video at the 2013 snowman rally today, but sadly there was a Fatal accident so we have decided not to.(Whole rally got stopped on the first stage).

The Next video is will be with a 2000 Skoda Fabia 1.4 8V, which is Dan's car.

• 1 month later...

NEW VIDEO

Diddent manage to get all the ideas we wanted in due to a few reasons, but on the whole I'd say it's a better package than the last one. Again please leave us feedback and such.(and be as honest as you want).

As well as that we've got two special videos to be released as well, not reviews but about motoring!

Like us on Facebook! can get our YouTube from here!

We do have twitter but don't use it very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. We going to be doing more with the camera. As it is when we've filmed the weather's been bad, and we need a tri-pod to stand the camera on.(May just use the other car and mount the Go-Pro on that for static filming outside).

We'll have more videos out soonish, as well as some photos taken by our officialy un-official photographer. :lol:

Keep tuned. And Theres out Facebook & finally a link to our Twitter!

Know I seem like Im trying to force this in peoples faces, but the internet being what it is it is hard to get seen in it so I hope you can understand. On that note could you like & maybe share us. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Shoulda put it on your rear window, so people could see it better. :)

Your right there, but not wanting to use up the rear for stickers at the moment. Went with the 'Shopping list' on the door for it as don't have any stickers near the front of the car, and it does catch you eyes where it it. :)

If anyone's interested, were planning to get the video of 'Wolf' done soon, every time we've tryed I've had a hole in the exhaust and it's bloody loud! Worse now since I'ts running from the downpipe :lol:

• 6 months later...

Though i'd bring an update since the last time now its a Year & a day since we started.

- 358 FaceBook likes.

- Lots of car related photos thats all original content...from from the 2013 BTCC rounds at knockhill, 2013 British Drift Championship at knockhill, local car meets be it tuned cars or classic car shows, stuff from the 2013 Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show(biggest of its kind in the UK), over half of the rally's in the Scottish Rally Championship.

- 2 actual car review videos, with 1 more in the pipeline. (when the other guy gets round to editing it) And 3 more planned already.

So this year?

Well covering most of the events we did back in 2013, as well as also the Gumball 3000 party as it roll's into Edinburgh and maybe the Britcar if we get the chance. Oh and also don't forget a trackday or two again if we get our cars sorted.

So if you haven't done so, hate to seem needy but give us a check out & a like on Facebook.

• 1 year later...

Been aggggggggges since I updated this.

So what was has happened since last time i posted? Not much really...I've been to alot of events for photos and did a photoshoot/drive of a Land Rover Defender. But that's it. :lol:

But change is happening, doing a 'reboot' of the videos with another of my friends who can do proper editing and such to give it an actual vibe, and how I'd like it to be in the first place...

[ATTACH]23738[/ATTACH]

It'll just be me talking this, it'll be shorter and have a greater mix of content on screen, it'll have a more pro feel to it and be arts as well. I think.

Watch this space and here's hoping. :)

Looking good mate, I couldn't help laughing during it though as your avatar matched up to the music so well. :lol:

[chair editor:] Maybe look into having the noise from the car at the start overlaid on the shot of the flower and have the Blown Turbos text fade in on the driving away sound. It's a real contradiction due to the tranquillity of the flower and the text that could work well.