We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Prophecy's scale model cars

Prophecy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpainted :D Going to leave them, basically a perfect match for the real ones.

edit: Quick stancey mock up on each shell, to get a better idea of which car I want them to go on. I still think Trueno...

8495072454_9f1eba4c38_b.jpg

8493977453_efdf9fdbd8_b.jpg

Thoughts? I wont be putting them on that much of an angle when I actually put it together, dont worry, thats just all I could come up lol. I WILL be attempting to lower and 'stance out' them both though.

• 2 weeks later...

STILL waiting for my paints to turn up, haven't done any work to either car lol. Purchased another of each of the 4 I need, I think they should get here this or next week, drawing close to the end of my dispute with the first seller through paypal I think, so that should be good... As long as he doesnt trick them and tell them the same garbage he told me... lol.

So my paints turned up yesterday :D Did a bunch more painting today, and basically finished the Trueno. Its all together, all painted (apart from most of the chassis, but how often am I going to look at that XD), just need to apply the decals, and the gauges to the dashboard- oh and the MINISCULE Rays Volk stickers to the TE37s! LOL thats going to be fun...

The watanabes aren't going to work... lol. I thought they were all the same width, but i noticed today that theyre staggered, and the rears are quite a lot wider... Not sure how I missed it. I had to modify them a bit to fit on the axles- which then turned out to be too long, so I cut them down, only to find that then the wheels hit the inner guards. Those 2 axles were then too short to use with either the standard wheels OR the TE37s, so I just used the TE37s and the axles from the FX-GT and its fine. I'll hunt down some new axles for the FX, it can wait. I'll just keep the wat's for display only, as I dont think they'll work on a model anymore lol...

ANYWAY- photatos.

Pretty happy with it :D

What colour should I paint the wheels? I'd do matte/anodized bronze, but I cant find a realistic/close bronze by tamiya.

[mod edit:] Please don't post pictures above 800kB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead.

Took an hour or so to do the decals fairly properly, pretty much just finished. Never done it before, so I think i did pretty well. A couple of fatal slips that tore the ends of 2 of the pinstripes, and the toyota sprinter trueno sticker for the bootlid tore in half when i tried to fish it out of the water lol. Other than that, they appear to be pretty straight and in the correct place. I MAY do the gauges tomorrow, I have other things planned though- not model related.

edit: Just had an idea.I'll paint the wheels gold, because I was just thinking I would- but then i'll go over them with a grey transparent paint, maybe they'll come out bronzish lol. Worst case scenario they'll look off, and i'll have to strip the paint- not too bad, I have plenty of thinners and paint.

Heres a tip guys- if you want your wheels to be 'Volk/Work bronze' (anodized IRL, but thats a little tricky with scale plastic models) in colour, first paint them Tamiya gold leaf, leave to cure for about an hour, then go over them with Tamiya smoke. PERFECT, except glossy not flat/anodized. So happy :) Will have photos up later, stickers are on, everythings finished.

8535111655_c53bfb4492_c.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

Tamiya also make semi-gloss and matte clears, could always throw a light coat over the top of the wheels if you want

Yeah I do... but my many surfaces are doing fine for the moment :D I've got a set of 19" 1/24 Volk RE30s- well, had a set. I wasnt going to use them, as they wont fit the models I'd like them for, like the Tamiya R34 GTR, they only seem to fit the snaploc kits, and obviously 19"s are just too large for a corolla haha- but alas, I HAD a set, because I accidently broke one a few weeks ago.. So instead, i'm painting the other 3 different colours, 1 bronze, 1 black and 1 silver. Just for display purposes, i'll have a photo up when I can, they should be finished tonight :)

So heres some crappy phone photos of the painted RE30's, and I went through my wardrobe shelves today, found a couple of interesting things that I basically forgot about.

1: R34 GTR Skyline, comes up goooood. I want to repaint it silver or white (using a spray can, dont worry, not a crappy job), detail some bits up like the headlights and the black plastic exhaust, and modify the wheel mounts to fit some new wheels (Advan RG II or something).

8553842664_fb338a067f_c.jpg

8552743279_93950ca802_c.jpg

2: (Unpictured) HORRIBLY riced out Evo 8, planning on repainting it, modifying the interior as much as I can to make it less ricey, just generally making it better. The end result should look less SEMA/Auto Salon, more time attack :D

My R34 GTR rolling chassis!

8562195100_907be4f042_b.jpg

8561089425_3ea0443015_b.jpg

8562193944_7abe0eb2dd_b.jpg

8561088441_3d2a924585_b.jpg

Sneaky Trueno. Those are the headlight lenses and wing mirrors for the GTR in front of it.

And my RE30s :)

8562194122_83f26b2afe_b.jpg

8561089175_aefe282d47_b.jpg

Just waiting for confirmation that I can get some new GTR/Skyline/etc stickers- once I know I can, I'll sand the body back and repaint it white, fix the back of the headlights up etc, and i'll paint the front lip black like its meant to be too :) If I CANT get new stickers without buying a whole new Tamiya kit or something- it'd be stupid to buy a whole kit for its stickers; might as well build the kit and use the stickers on it instead lol- i'll just leave it incorrect random dark blue, fix the headlight backing and lip and leave it. I would like it to be white though...

The mounting hubs for the wheels could possibly be modified to take Fujimi wheels, like what I put on the Trueno, and what the RE30s are, might just be a little tricky.

Guest MrLolololXD

Dat bronze RE30 :drool:

And if you can find an online instruction manual for a Tamiya kit, you should be able to find out the part number for the decal sheet then order it from Tamiya, because they also sell all the individual parts trees, bodies and decal sheets seperately incase you stuff up and need new bits, instead of buying a whole new kit

REALLY. Thats interesting, I could also use a couple of other things, like headlights and the rear wing lol. I'll look into it, thanks mate :)

edit: just noticed that the bit that connects the wheel to the 'hub' is ACTUALLY the brake disc/caliper assembly, which is stick in the wheel somehow. I can get it to move a little but i cant seem to actually remove it from the inside of the wheel. Now i'm faced with the dilemma of 'do i break a wheel to get the brakes out to see if I can even use them on another wheel' basically.