We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Prophecy's scale model cars

Prophecy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD
That rim is on GT5! That means, it is possible to get your scale model Skyline in GT5. :lol:

It's even better when your real car is in a game. It can help you to decide how you want it to look for nothing, for example, you can try on 30 different wheels to see what looks good before you make your mind up in real life, for free :D

I think that I'm just going to sand back and paint the Skyline body tomorrow, I've got a couple of possibilities on new stickers but if they dont come to fruition, so what- it'll just be a debadged GTR, its not like im going for a showroom standard one anyway lol. Ironically, i've really grown to love the 1 RE30 (I swapped the black one for the silver one) on there and would like a full set for it, but I cant buy them in 19" anymore, 18"s I can but theyre too small lol. Ooooh well.

Painted the R34 today :) The finish isnt perfect, and I certainly need to work on my detailed brushing, but I reckon its a pretty good job and overall, better than it was before (the most important part). Just need some red paint so I can fill in the middle brake light on the boot lid and the one in the bumper, on the right hand side of the number plate area too. Wheels should turn up tomorrow or Wednesday, and I have some cement coming at some stage to attach the left hand headlight lense properly too, one of the stalks that clip into the body broke when I removed it unfortunately lol.

ANYWAY, crappy phone photos :D

8568410858_bd8fb9fb53_c.jpg

8568410462_638290b79d_c.jpg

Some people are sometimes busy and don't have time to check every thread on Tduck, keep that in mind... :rolleyes:

As for the models; I think you should have spent more time doing the window trim. It doesn't look thaat clean IMHO but I know model kits can be tricky and need a lot of patience to make them top-notch looking. Yours still look better than my Revell DTM kit though. :lol:

I understand that, but it frustrates me when I put effort into everything I post here and pretty much every one of my threads gets pushed to the bottom and never gets looked at- its not that I do things purely to get views here, its just part of the motivation.

I did mention that I know the black around the windows isnt the best (although not in those words; thats what I meant when I said detailed brushing) ;) thanks for the feedback :)

I partly started on my next project, the dreaded ricey Evo 8 I have. Cant take photos because my phone is pretty dead, but heres a photo I found on google

evo8-Green_Lancer_Evolution_8_fully_tunned.jpg

Except mine is purple with chrome 7 spoke wheels. Eck... I was 11-12 years old and had been playing a LOT of Midnight Club, NFS Underground, Juiced, etc. lol.

The good news is the built quality is good! Every (and I mean every...) piece is screwed or glued in individually, even the rear wing. This means its a lot easier to fix and paint. Probably going for a proper pro time attack look.

Planning on (working from front to back):

Painting the body silver (I think, undecided atm)

Repainting the intercooler flat silver, for realism

Repainting the front splitter black (I know its already black but its a crap job and it'll get painted over with the silver/whatever I use anyway) or making it carbon fibre

Either painting the bonnet to match the car, or putting a carbon fibre texture over it

HOPEFULLY replace the wheels, if that cant happen i'll just paint those ones black or something I guess...

Repaint the dashboard and interior (not the seat/s, they are GREAT, i've removed the passenger seat, for jdm weight reduction win)

Figure out what to do with the ridiculous late 90s speaker filled parcel shelf (i've already removed the speakers and twin nos bottles...), may just cut it off, but then your going to see right through to the chassis, which is a tad unrealistic...

Repaint the rear spoiler, carbon-ify the actual spoiler part, leave the mounts black.

YEAH... thoughts? lol.

edit: Note to self- never buy RE30s again... Just broke my bronze one, test fitting it to the evo... The brake disc and caliper are 2 pieces, and they slide over the mounting piece on the back of the wheel, too bad the disc is a really tight fit, and impossible to get back off another wheel without a fair amount of force, and the RE30 having such thin spokes, it just snapped, much the same as this

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

But its not all bad, I found that the same brand of wheel as the RE30, Advans and Watanabes will fit this model too, so... I dunno, maybe. Theyre 19"s and they look tiny, so clearly the car isnt really to scale :\ maybe I wont bother with it after all lol.

Guest MrLolololXD

But did you leave the headlights? If you're any good with wiring/soldering, you could reroute the lights to the dashboard

• 4 weeks later...

I decided i'd do a little experiment tonight... I checked to see if the axles I chopped to fit the watanabes were REALLY too short... They are too short for anything but the watanabes, unfortunately, but by removing the rear lower control arm piece, they do actually fit, so i've put those axles with the (staggered fitment...) watanabes on the Trueno, and i've continued/begun building the fx gt hatch :D

8656780215_2f96187b4a_b.jpg

8656780175_997da9978a_b.jpg

The TE37's will be staying on it pretty much indefinitly, unless I find a set that I prefer (not likely). Exterior is just about done really, I'm waiting for a pot each of gloss orange and gloss red to turn up (ordered from Taiwan about 2 hours ago, dont hold your breath :p ), i'll be painting the little details like the GT badge in the grill. Its together at the moment, but thats just because I was dying to have it display-able, I havent started on the interior yet, will do tomorrow I think. Exciting times once again, hopefully I can do this kit the justice that it deserves, being as rare as it is :)

FX-GT is 90% complete, just needs the door and rear window stickers, and needs the door handles and window surrounds etc painted black.

8667276493_fbfc3320c2_b.jpg

8668379022_602ebc3893_b.jpg

8667276225_57e792b4d1_b.jpg

Racing seat from the fail-evo.

8668412320_f42e5f6b9c_b.jpg

I painted the back of it black, because it was textured, so now it looks like a carbon fibre shell :)

8668411794_4079e3e74f_b.jpg

8668411560_83b3003dec_b.jpg

Ultra rare (IRL) digital gauge cluster, ignore the poor paint on the dash etc, i think because its so old, the plastic has deteriorated slightly, the paint wasnt going on very well :\

8667308297_1d0d915fe9_b.jpg

Really happy with how this one turned out too, maybe i'll turn my attention to the unstarted 180SX kit soon :)

Guest MrLolololXD

Nice :D And you still haven't started that 180 kit?!? Lol, you're almost as bad as me

And as a tip, wash the parts in warm soapy water, then clean them off, then rewash them in non-soapy water (be sure to get ALL of the soap off) before you paint them. Sometimes the parts are still covered in an oily residue from the molding which can make the paint go a bit dodgy like on the dash