We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Minecraft Server

khevolution

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Nuclear reactor is going ahead i will happily contribute, Think we may want to look at atleast 2 chambers though if we are powering the entire town.

Alright I'll count you in as well.

I will be quite busy this week and it's also 24h nurburgring weekend so probably we will start working on it next week.

Ive made quite good progress on my house today. Still so far from finished though!

What side of the down are we going to be building the reactor in as im working out where the cable will be coming into my house :P

the cables will be underground, you'll be able to pull it out from wherever you want

the cables will be underground, you'll be able to pull it out from wherever you want

Alright awesome :D Can do a bit more of my own personal wiring under my house with it all ready to bring the cable to my house then.

Are we just bringing in the big heavy duty cable into the town and then let people take there own cable off that to there own transformer? Or are we building a central transformer that people use to take it off from?

Alright awesome :D Can do a bit more of my own personal wiring under my house with it all ready to bring the cable to my house then.

Are we just bringing in the big heavy duty cable into the town and then let people take there own cable off that to there own transformer? Or are we building a central transformer that people use to take it off from?

Have a general chat with myself.

What would be best to put the EV cable into a HV Transformer just to the outside of the reactor and then run the Glass Fibre cable to the town.

HV Cable carrying EV has 8 times the loss vs Glass Fibre Cable carrying HV.

So would be much more efficient to run the glass fibre cable by my count :)

okay I've marked the construction zone,

-337 +447

if you keep going north starting from the town you'll see it.

I put ryzza in charge of the tunnel we'll all help him along maybe,

I want 3 block wide tunnel from town to the zone. One for cables, one for minecart and one for walking.

We will fine tune the exact entrance and exit points later it doesn't matter at this point.

Now the zone is a bit far away but it is to make sure if it explodes it won't destroy the town :P

So let's begin!

I have made lots of alloy today.

I might put mrlol in charge of cooling and t3hreaper in charge of cables and rails.

One day we should also setup some sort of games where everyone puts their special weapons and armor away and just have some classic capture the flag or team tower defence away from town in quickly knocked up buildings/forts...

(i.e. everyone starts with an empty inventory and is assigned to one of two teams - then everyone has an hour to work together to build tools/weapons and a base from scratch, then when the hour is up the battle commences, but you only have one life before you go charging so perhaps there will be strategy involved. Might have to make a no tunnelling rule, only trenches. Ideally you'd need a lot of people online together, and those people would have to have decent routers so they don't keep disconnecting. :p

Given that some of the best fun in TDU was due to it's Unlimited nature, it would be silly not take advantage of this in MC :)

Me & Ryzza has made good progress with the tunnel today, Ryzza has done alot of digging! Ive made all the glass fiber cable and it was laid down. Ive picked it all up and putting the cable along the ceiling of the tunnel in a groove as this makes it slightly easier as the tunnel goes different directions for the cable to get to different places of the town.

Came up to a slight problem when ive hit the town with the cable running along the roof to make things easier :P

The tunnel just misses the secret tunnel so not got enough room to finish putting the cable up into the ceiling can look at a solution later tonight :)

okay I've planned the reactor,

we will have 4 reactors powering 4 mfsu's,

each reactor will have 5 chambers running stable. It will be ice cooled with energy condenser.

The wireless thermometer will measure the heat, if it goes above threshold it will turn off the reactor.

The chamber rooms will also be surrounded by dark matter blocks to absorb the explosion if it happens.

It is also miles away from the town so this is probably the safest reactor ever.

Sounds good Ozz! Ive got quite a bit of Uranium somewhere that can go to help power the reactor.

that'll be needed yes, It'd also be great if you guys helped building the mfsu's.

Oh btw we need to transform the energy right away, apparently you still get electric shock even with the strongest cable coming straight out of the reactor.

that'll be needed yes, It'd also be great if you guys helped building the mfsu's.

Oh btw we need to transform the energy right away, apparently you still get electric shock even with the strongest cable coming straight out of the reactor.

I will be happy to make 1 or 2 MFSU's tomorrow. Yeah transform it so we can put it down the glass fiber i layed :) Much safer lol.

Make a chest near where the reactor is where i can put them for you later.

--- Post Updated ---

[/color]I'm impressed guys, I better get started on the reactor

No, because you also said that it was NORTH of the town - so I headed north until I found your (hopefully your) construction zone, and started digging from there. (-137, +4). The tunnel runs at block level 55, which at the time of digging south towards Reaper's house was more than deep enough, but as you have also discovered the main north/south emergency tunnel runs at level 56. I blocked off the emergency tunnel between the community house and the abandoned factory in the meantime.

You're welcome to intersect these tunnels and make the emergency tunnel go under the nuclear one.

I started tunneling under the lake to where Ozz's house is but gave up trying to patch all the leaks (got too late) - so you can do that one Ozz. I also somehow managed to tunnel into Calsters' underground store. I also tunneled into GTA's cobblestone generator (fortunately hit water, not lava).

I also had the idea of indenting the cable Adam (although I would've kept it in the middle height to keep the torches up top) but figured that defeated the purpose of having a 3-wide tunnel in the first place. My other idea was to have an MFE or MFSU at every tunnel junction/offshoot as additional storage in case the reactor went offline or an upstream cable was broken.

With any luck Harley won't accidentally set off 30 nukes too close to it :)

And I've officially joined the elite EMC Generator club. Noticed Adam has one too. Thanks for the P.Stone tip as well :)